The Arbroath Thread

4 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

He can play RB because he's a quality, versatile player. 

Is it his best position  - clearly not  !

He's much more effective further forward. 

Don’t agree. Too often his final ball doesn’t materialise in forward areas or his decision making not quite right, whereas he’s solid at right back. He’s doing a good job. 

On 26/01/2023 at 13:48, clashcityrocker said:

Life is to short to hold grudges and nothing good comes from having this attitude.

If DC and Nicky can iron out their differences I will personally collect and drive him to Gayfield on match days.

Should be noted that due to injury he has not played for Kelty since xmas.

We all make mistakes and wrong decisions - sometimes things get said in the heat of the moment.

If Nicky returns to Gayfield he would be like a new signing.

I hope he comes back - he has been missed.

If you’ve picked him up clashy please do the correct thing and drop him off as far from Gayfield as you can. Another swing and a miss for you. 

Humble pie anyone? 

5 hours ago, Steven Glansberg said:

St Mirren fan. How did Olusanya play for you today?

Bit wild and unpredictable and made a mess of a few situations but also done very well at times and ran the channels and ran at players with the ball. Looks like he has a trick up his sleeve. If he could pull it alll together he could be a really good player. Can see why a team like Boro took a punt on him 

Very happy with yesterday, especially the 2nd half. Mikey brilliant again. As Iv said I wasn’t impressed with the new boy but it was his first proper game time in months. Bitsindou also needs binned from CM. 

Great to take advantage of Coves defeat with that game up there in 2 weeks looking absolutely massive now. One game at a time though with Raith coming to Gayfield next week. Hopefully me show the same commitment and get the win. 

Yeah yesterday was superb. Especially after going a goal down inside 3 minutes that’s massive coming back from that. I feel like the first half was probably ok and we were the better team but it seemed worse and more frustrating because we spent the whole half a goal down 

If we get a RB that'd better than Stewart then great, if not then he is more than capable,

Would like see Hetherington coming instead of Bitsoundou but Dick seems to like him, 

Works also prefer to see Mckenna playing in the Middle with El-mhanni or Linn starting and then bringing Olusanya, he seems like he could be better as an impact player, 

Again don't see where Scott Allen fits in, I'd play Tait or Gold ahead of him at this point, 

Wish we had this team at start of the season, 

5 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

I'm quite harsh on McKenna, but there's few players I enjoy see doing well more than him. A future hall of fame inductee 100%.

Spot on. I’m the same, I’ve been very critical of him in the last few months but only because we know how good he can be.

That hall of fame is going to be something in a few years. Half our current team will be shoe ins - Gaston, Little, O’Brien, Hammy, Linn, McKenna all 100% in with Stewart and Gold not far off.

15 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Spot on. I’m the same, I’ve been very critical of him in the last few months but only because we know how good he can be.

That hall of fame is going to be something in a few years. Half our current team will be shoe ins - Gaston, Little, O’Brien, Hammy, Linn, McKenna all 100% in with Stewart and Gold not far off.

Goldy is guaranteed. One of the most loved players ever to play at Gayfield due to his work in the community 

1 hour ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

28 goals for Colin Hamilton in an Arbroath shirt. Not a bad return for a defender. 

A great return 

2 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

If we get a RB that'd better than Stewart then great, if not then he is more than capable,

Would like see Hetherington coming instead of Bitsoundou but Dick seems to like him, 

Works also prefer to see Mckenna playing in the Middle with El-mhanni or Linn starting and then bringing Olusanya, he seems like he could be better as an impact player, 

Again don't see where Scott Allen fits in, I'd play Tait or Gold ahead of him at this point, 

Wish we had this team at start of the season, 

Look can we please just give him a chance and wait and see what he looks like after he gets a run of games when he’s actually fit and playing in a decent team? This guys been a class act and had a better career by a million miles than any other player we have, more ability than anyone else in that squad has got too so I don’t see why people seem to be wanting to write the guy off so quickly.  

Edited by 1320Lichtie