The Arbroath Thread

Life is to short to hold grudges and nothing good comes from having this attitude.

If DC and Nicky can iron out their differences I will personally collect and drive him to Gayfield on match days.

Should be noted that due to injury he has not played for Kelty since xmas.

We all make mistakes and wrong decisions - sometimes things get said in the heat of the moment.

If Nicky returns to Gayfield he would be like a new signing.

I hope he comes back - he has been missed.

I know Nicky is just coming back from injury so don’t know how active he was in training this week but I would be shocked to see him in action tomorrow against his beloved Ton lol. The following week though against Raith could be where we see him return unless things change before Tuesday and he ends back at Kelty ⚽🇱🇻 

Tait hopefully back in contention for tomorrow and debuts for Toyosi & Heatherington,  Not sure how close Scotty Allan is for a return though 

1 hour ago, clashcityrocker said:

Transfer window closes this Tues - I think we have a squad of 20 players (this includes Nicky Low, Dylan Tait and Scott Allan who have all been out of action).

Still think we will bring in 1-2 more players, including another striker - we will know by Tues night.

I believe Championship and lower clubs in the SPFL can loan players until the end of February. How many loans do you have currently?

4 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

Transfer window closes this Tues - I think we have a squad of 20 players (this includes Nicky Low, Dylan Tait and Scott Allan who have all been out of action).

Still think we will bring in 1-2 more players, including another striker - we will know by Tues night.

Think there would need to be 1 or 2 moving to bring in anyone else. 
Would imagine we’ll be done with signings for this window.

On 26/01/2023 at 13:08, Anotherlichtie said:

Not for one second do I want a player who has actively been looking to leave the club while under contract in our squad. I don’t care how good he is perceived to be. 

Don’t have that luxury, anyway our midfield is dreadful, needs must

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

Think there would need to be 1 or 2 moving to bring in anyone else. 
Would imagine we’ll be done with signings for this window.

Really? Our squad is tiny. We only had 3 outfield players on the bench v QP ffs. Personally I would like to see a squad of at least 20-21.

1 minute ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Cove getting absolutely mauled by the Super 🤩🔥🇱🇻⚽️ Pleasing indeed

Very pleasing but we have to take advantage of it tomorrow with a win, that would be a tremendous boost to us. C'mon the Lichties.

4 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Exactly how is our squad tiny?

Ok, I counted and we have 20, I forgot about Jacobs, 21 if you include Low.

It still feels very small to me but I know we’ve been very unlucky with injuries this season. Would still like another 1 at least, a right back preferably.

34 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Ok, I counted and we have 20, I forgot about Jacobs, 21 if you include Low.

It still feels very small to me but I know we’ve been very unlucky with injuries this season. Would still like another 1 at least, a right back preferably.

I agree with you.  Its defensively unbalanced.  We have plenty of midfielders and a couple strikers, but what about in defence?