The Arbroath Thread

On 23/01/2023 at 12:50, Tattie36 said:

I massively respect and admire your optimism.

Like everyone else on this forum, I am under no illusions that we are in a 3 way relegation dog fight with Hamilton and Cove and it will go to the wire.

We have a decent chance of surviving - but it won't be easy and losing to Hamilton or Cove is not an option.

The new signings have been good - but we still need a tough, battling mid-field player - someone you would not want to meet in a dark alley.

We also need another striker - Adarkwa is good at holding up the ball, but we need a striker who can score goals regularly. 

Probably just stating the obvious really - I think we all know what we need.

5 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

Like everyone else on this forum, I am under no illusions that we are in a 3 way relegation dog fight with Hamilton and Cove and it will go to the wire.

We have a decent chance of surviving - but it won't be easy and losing to Hamilton or Cove is not an option.

The new signings have been good - but we still need a tough, battling mid-field player - someone you would not want to meet in a dark alley.

We also need another striker - Adarkwa is good at holding up the ball, but we need a striker who can score goals regularly. 

Probably just stating the obvious really - I think we all know what we need.

Heatherington will be that tough battling midfielder you speak of 🤩🇱🇻🔥 

I don’t think 6-8 players was ever mentioned specifically but I’m pretty sure Pink said there was “more to come”. What have we brought in so far - 5? So I don’t think it’s a stretch, plus looking at our obvious weaknesses, to imagine/hope another 2 or 3 coming in.

What’s concerning me a little however is the radio silence. Surely if we had players lined up or identified then there would be news by now, or at least rumour, seeing as there’s less than a week left. Or are we waiting to see what dregs are left early next week?

I think we can all agree that we would have hoped for another signing or two by now.

Toyosi Olusanya

Arbroath are delighted to announce the signing of 25-year-old striker Toyosi Olusanya on loan from Premiership side St Mirren until the end of the season.

Toyosi signed for St Mirren on a two-year-deal in the summer from English Championship side Middlesbrough and actually played against Arbroath in the League Cup at the start of the season.

Having made his professional debut for AFC Wimbledon in 2016 at the age of 18, Toyosi scored on his debut before trials followed in 2017 with Chelsea, Wolves, Reading and Cheltenham Town.

Further experience came with Gosport Borough, Cheshunt, and Billericay Town.  It was then that Middlesbrough Manager Neil Warnock stepped in and signed Toyosi in the summer of 2021.

In June 2022, he became Stephen Robinson’s 4th summer signing for St Mirren.

Dick Campbell said “He is strong and very quick and as a striker can play across the front three and will help bolster our attack.”

Unfortunately, Toyosi suffered a broken toe in early August which kept him out of action until November 2022, but is now back fit and raring to go.

We would like to thank St Mirren and Manager Stephen Robinson for allowing Toyosi to join Arbroath.

Toyosi will wear the number 17 shirt for Arbroath.

We look forward to welcoming Toyosi to the Club!

C’mon the Lichties

16 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I don’t think 6-8 players was ever mentioned specifically but I’m pretty sure Pink said there was “more to come”. What have we brought in so far - 5? So I don’t think it’s a stretch, plus looking at our obvious weaknesses, to imagine/hope another 2 or 3 coming in.

What’s concerning me a little however is the radio silence. Surely if we had players lined up or identified then there would be news by now, or at least rumour, seeing as there’s less than a week left. Or are we waiting to see what dregs are left early next week?

I think we can all agree that we would have hoped for another signing or two by now.

Toyosi Olusanya - web.jpg

5 minutes ago, Gayfield said:

Toyosi Olusanya

Arbroath are delighted to announce the signing of 25-year-old striker Toyosi Olusanya on loan from Premiership side St Mirren until the end of the season.

Toyosi signed for St Mirren on a two-year-deal in the summer from English Championship side Middlesbrough and actually played against Arbroath in the League Cup at the start of the season.

Having made his professional debut for AFC Wimbledon in 2016 at the age of 18, Toyosi scored on his debut before trials followed in 2017 with Chelsea, Wolves, Reading and Cheltenham Town.

Further experience came with Gosport Borough, Cheshunt, and Billericay Town.  It was then that Middlesbrough Manager Neil Warnock stepped in and signed Toyosi in the summer of 2021.

In June 2022, he became Stephen Robinson’s 4th summer signing for St Mirren.

Dick Campbell said “He is strong and very quick and as a striker can play across the front three and will help bolster our attack.”

Unfortunately, Toyosi suffered a broken toe in early August which kept him out of action until November 2022, but is now back fit and raring to go.

We would like to thank St Mirren and Manager Stephen Robinson for allowing Toyosi to join Arbroath.

Toyosi will wear the number 17 shirt for Arbroath.

We look forward to welcoming Toyosi to the Club!

C’mon the Lichties

Toyosi Olusanya - web.jpg

I timed my post well didn’t I? 🤣🤣

With this new striker are we going to play a 4-4-2 formation? Or 4-4-1-1? Or will we do a Luke Donnelly, sign as a striker but play in midfield?

With the weird and wonderful signings, substitutions and team selections we have seen this season, who knows what goes on in the mind of Dick Campbell? Does he even know himself? So many questions, so few answers.

Hopefully Toyosi will settle in quickly and start scoring regularly.

With Olusanya there'll be a lot of St Mirren fans that will tell you he's rotten, the truth is he has only appeared fleetingly. Granted, he has looked a bit off the standard but having played so few minutes it's hard to judge.

He's quick and will take players on, hopefully he does well for you.

16 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

With Olusanya there'll be a lot of St Mirren fans that will tell you he's rotten, the truth is he has only appeared fleetingly. Granted, he has looked a bit off the standard but having played so few minutes it's hard to judge.

He's quick and will take players on, hopefully he does well for you.

More winger than a striker?