The Arbroath Thread

Our squad was/is too small. As was seen in the QP game, we only had 3 outfield players on the bench, amateur hour at this level. I would like to see us bring in another 3 players - 2 forwards and a right back. Yes Stewart and Gold can play there but we need a dedicated right back imo. Playing Stewart there also takes him away from his best position.

Ok, having a bigger squad means some players will have less gametime but we need depth of quality, and enough numbers to fill a bench and cover for injuries and suspensions. Also great for keeping players on their toes, knowing that there’s quality waiting to step in if they have a drop in form.

I'm not going to badmouth Corfe, he tried his best.  He wasn't up to the level we needed though.  With some of the other signings, you could make the case that they hadn't been given chances, or that they had been played out of position/shuffled around etc.  However, he got plenty of chances in his preferred position and didn't show enough.

23 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I'm not going to badmouth Corfe, he tried his best.  He wasn't up to the level we needed though.  With some of the other signings, you could make the case that they hadn't been given chances, or that they had been played out of position/shuffled around etc.  However, he got plenty of chances in his preferred position and didn't show enough.

Did feel sorry for the stick these guys got at times (very guilty myself). Ultimately it's not their fault they were signed, but glad to see the back of them now.

6 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

It takes a lot for me to slag any Red Lichtie player but i am afraid Corfe never helped himself with his lack of effort imo.

Even if you are played out of position or even playing in a struggling team the least i expect from a Red Lichtie player is EFFORT and there was a home game when Corfe came on as a sub for Bobby Linn (sure it was against Partick Thistle) and there was a ball played in front of him and he just stopped and pointed and made a gesture yet Shanks who was at least 20 yards behind Corfe burst a gut and ran past him to save the ball from going out.

All the best to him and he does have a trick or two but he needs to work on his work rate as opposed to fancy haircuts.

3 minutes ago, JoseMarooniho said:

I never saw Corfe as a slacker, rather a boy who wasn’t near good enough. 

He would actively run away from the ball. I don’t think it’s wrong to say he’s the worst player to ever play for us. Worse than Paddy Deane 

3 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

He's been out injured for ages.  How about some patience eh?

I agree. But even when fit Scott Stewart is not yet a very good right back. He has all the attributes to be one but needs to learn the role. I’d be happier in the short term if we could sign a very good right back. Easier said than done.