The Arbroath Thread

We have signed Ryan Dow. Wanted him in the summer but his father in law was obviously Peterhead manager at the time 😂

Only 31 too plenty of football left in him

Its pretty funny that we are at a stage in time where we have 

Nicky Low, Scott Allan, Ryan Dow, Bobby Linn, Michael McKenna and El Mhanni as attacking midfield players on our books - on paper it’s unbelievable but unfortunately Low is in a huff will never play for us again and Allan is nowhere near fit - very happy with Dow though that’s the kind of player I’ve been crying out for. What a difference him and El Mhanni should make 

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

We have signed Ryan Dow. Wanted him in the summer but his father in law was obviously Peterhead manager at the time 😂

Nicky Low, Scott Allan, Ryan Dow, Bobby Linn, Michael McKenna and El Mhanni as attacking midfield players on our books - on paper it’s unbelievable but unfortunately Low is in a huff will never play for us again and Allan is nowhere near fit - very happy with Dow though that’s the kind of player I’ve been crying out for. What a difference him and El Mhanni should make 

Dow looked average when we played Dunfermline. Might have just been because they were such a poor outfit that season. 

9 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Dow looked average when we played Dunfermline. Might have just been because they were such a poor outfit that season. 

So did Dom Thomas… 

Dow is such a Dick Campbell signing and more along the lines of what I expect to see at the club. Not only a good player for the end of this season but probably a good player for the next 2.5 years. A good guy to have in squad and him and El Mhanni look to be a tremendous upgrade on Corfe and Fosu 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

4 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Being in that side certainly won't help anyone and he didn't impress that much with peterhead against us either but again he's playing with utter shite.    Never looked the same after the serious injury he picked up,  was absolutely on fire under Crawford before that.   

22 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Would have been a better option, agreed

54 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Agree with this, also good to see that "some" of the "Campbell Must Go Mob" have admitted their mistake and are eating Humble-Pie, as you say even if we did go down this season DC/Pink/JY/Rab etc deserve next season at least to try and get us up again.

Next to Sir Albert Henderson this Management Team are the best we have ever had.

Game on, 36-0.

Too many stupid shouts to change manager etc after QP game and now people getting carried away after one win. 

The key is not to get too high with wins and not to get down with setbacks. 

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

Too many stupid shouts to change manager etc after QP game and now people getting carried away after one win. 

The key is not to get too high with wins and not to get down with setbacks. 

I agree with this!

Great win and well needed to boost abit of confidence in the squad but need to take one game at a time at the moment hopefully a few more wins and cove slip up would be ideal, just need to get behind the team and management, instead of given them abuse, like what happened at Dens cause we were drawing at a certain point in the game, bit weird would understand if getting beat but drawing at that point in a game nae need! 

4 hours ago, Arbroath36.0! said:

Cammy ballantyne coming in  from St Johnstone 

I'm not sure if he can. Hes played for us in the Betfred Cup, and then Montrose in League One, this season.

Unsure if the 2 club rule returned and/or if the Betfred Groups count.

2 hours ago, peternapper said:

Was told he was not the same after his injury at the Pars and although admittedly we were very poor Ryan did not stand out very often. Hope he finds his feet again. 

Looks like he completely fell off a cliff this season? But was still operating at a really good level for Dunfermline before his move.

dow.thumb.png.1751acf5e072c0255e1e4b09d8d058f5.png

Everything is not okay after one win.  As great as it was, and humble pie was eaten, but we have already "turned the corner" so many times in the last few months.  I still believe that the management did not get the best out of their squad and that the tactics at times were bizarre and the wrong teams were picked.  Oh, and I believe he did everything short of deliberately throw that game against Dunfermline, just to make a point.  I find that very hard to forgive. 

If we win more games, and see an upturn in performances, then even if we get relegated, I'll be happy to say I was wrong.  I would love to be proven wrong, and I hope I am.

6 minutes ago, Bell Rock Lichtie said:

Can play for 3 clubs in the same season now as we had jack hamilton who was on loan at East Fife then got recalled to Livingstone from loan played and scored against Celtic then cam straight on loan to us 

That was during covid times. I believe the rule went back to 2 clubs this season 

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Everything is not okay after one win.  As great as it was, and humble pie was eaten, but we have already "turned the corner" so many times in the last few months.  I still believe that the management did not get the best out of their squad and that the tactics at times were bizarre and the wrong teams were picked.  Oh, and I believe he did everything short of deliberately throw that game against Dunfermline, just to make a point.  I find that very hard to forgive. 

If we win more games, and see an upturn in performances, then even if we get relegated, I'll be happy to say I was wrong.  I would love to be proven wrong, and I hope I am.

He gave people a chance against Dunfermline it was absolutely the correct thing to do so he could make a judgement and do what was required in January (what you’re seeing happen right now!!!!!!!). That cup is a total waste of time especially considering the position we were in in regards to squad depth and size at the time the game was played

Also I don’t think anyone has ever truly believed we had turned any corner and I don’t think I have actually seen anyone say that on here this season, when would anyone have said it we had only won 2 games prior to Saturday? After Morton there was maybe optimism we could go and kick on our season but that was pretty early on and after Hamilton there was not that reaction as the game was absolutely terrible 

Going forward and having two proper wide men on the park Saturday and a big lump of a centre forward (with guys like Bobby and Hilson in reserve on the bench and a player as important as Ricky missing) was extremely encouraging as was the performance of El Mhanni and Balde.

El Mhanni showed against probably the best team in the division at their ground that he has got so much to offer especially considering it was his first game in god knows how long. He tore Cammy Kerr to shreds that badly he got subbed off!!! Also did all the dirty work. I do not know how he will do going forward but all things considered that was extremely encouraging, he could not have done any better he exceeded all expectations and it made us look like a completely different team. Balde too, 21 year old with a great touch and composure on ball signing for 18 months too along with an experienced guy like Dow whilst getting rid of Fosu/Corfe/Isiaka/Hancock means the squad looks totally different and there’s not just reasons to be positive for the next 6 months but even beyond that. 

Signings like Dow and Balde, solid signings that have some continuity to them is a positive for the group overall and should make guys want to stay here