The Arbroath Thread

21 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

His best 2 performances for the club have both been when playing CB and both against Dundee. 

Weren’t at either of these games, so I will take your word, but seen many of the other games he played and he was ordinary, at best

9 minutes ago, ecto said:

Played against Ayr at CB, was dreadful, came on against Thistle away, played CB, looked lost

The way we were playing, most of the players looked lost, maybe with the team playing decent football again we would get the best out of him.

2 hours ago, fatwull said:

The way we were playing, most of the players looked lost, maybe with the team playing decent football again we would get the best out of him.

Aye 100 percent, this tax applies to everyone this season. 

I am also looking forward to Saturday. I loved the performance on Saturday and the attitude and desire and celebrations. Actually felt like there was a proper team on the park, everyone played their part and as a unit it worked. We could get forward, defend and everyone put 110 percent in. All you can ask for 

On 02/01/2023 at 15:11, kenwood65 said:

fosu starts for Peterhead today

Scored in his final appearance for us, is this a rarity?

Edited by ecto

22 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Are you sure?  I'm sure I remember at least one other goal?

Edited...apparently not.  I could have sworn he had scored more! 😂

He hit the bar and post v Hamilton and had some other good chances but the goal v QP was his only competitive goal for us. Of course he also scored that last minute screamer v Montrose pre season.

I though he was unlucky not to score more. I think he’ll do well at Peterhead.

Let's hope the win against the Dees kick-starts our season.

I am glad the AFC Board have stuck with DC and did not listen to some supporters crazy shouts to get rid of him.

Let's be honest this season DC has made some bad signings and some crazy line ups/tactics/subs but i am glad he has EVENTUALLY admitted he has made mistakes so for that i was willing to give him at least until the end of the season to improve us (and okay it is only one game) but with his new decent signings it seems to have worked.

IMO DC and his backroom staff deserve a bit of loyalty after what they have done for the club.

Also hats off the the AFC Board for also supporting them and for getting the funds for the new signings.

C'Mon the Red Lichties, onwards and upwards, 36-0.

1 hour ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

I am glad the AFC Board have stuck with DC and did not listen to some supporters crazy shouts to get rid of him.

Let's be honest this season DC has made some bad signings and some crazy line ups/tactics/subs but i am glad he has EVENTUALLY admitted he has made mistakes so for that i was willing to give him at least until the end of the season to improve us (and okay it is only one game) but with his new decent signings it seems to have worked.

IMO DC and his backroom staff deserve a bit of loyalty after what they have done for the club.

Also hats off the the AFC Board for also supporting them and for getting the funds for the new signings.

In my opinion, and I said this weeks and weeks ago too, even if we were relegated, I would give DC the whole of next season. Have a wee scroll back and look through the last 6 seasons, highlights, photos, match reports, YouTube etc etc. Some unbelievable moments and teams and players. Also some unbelievable individual DC moments too, he’s a great guy and passionate about what he does I don’t think there’s anyone better.

Agree about the summer it was a horror show in hindsight but he was due that. Rab and Pink also great guys that we should want to keep around the club for as long as possible. 

Had a look through my phone and all the screenshots and screen recordings I have of goals and moments etc etc and this really stuck out to me. Looking back at this is so very impressive now. What a season this was and aside from Rangers in L1 it must be pretty unique. Can’t be many teams that have done this. 

CCB20D0B-5543-4CBF-8FCB-F87A2CA3D5F1.jpeg

0531CBD2-3846-49A1-85C8-4ABFB7F089A0.jpeg

5 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

100% this 🔥🇱🇻💪

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

In my opinion, and I said this weeks and weeks ago too, even if we were relegated, I would give DC the whole of next season. Have a wee scroll back and look through the last 6 seasons, highlights, photos, match reports, YouTube etc etc. Some unbelievable moments and teams and players. Also some unbelievable individual DC moments too, he’s a great guy and passionate about what he does I don’t think there’s anyone better.

Agree about the summer it was a horror show in hindsight but he was due that. Rab and Pink also great guys that we should want to keep around the club for as long as possible. 

Had a look through my phone and all the screenshots and screen recordings I have of goals and moments etc etc and this really stuck out to me. Looking back at this is so very impressive now. What a season this was and aside from Rangers in L1 it must be pretty unique. Can’t be many teams that have done this. 

And this 🇱🇻🔥⚽💪

6 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Agree with this, also good to see that "some" of the "Campbell Must Go Mob" have admitted their mistake and are eating Humble-Pie, as you say even if we did go down this season DC/Pink/JY/Rab etc deserve next season at least to try and get us up again.

Next to Sir Albert Henderson this Management Team are the best we have ever had.

Game on, 36-0.

Edited by AFC360PUNK1320

9 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Agree with most of this, but no matter how well the management team have done, they’re not above criticism