The Arbroath Thread

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Thought he was very dodgy and suspect first half a few times but second half he looked to be solid and done well. 

It was a heavy park and McMullen made a few of us look like we were stuck in the mud at times although he’s an incredibly nippy player 

Don’t rate Bitsindou, at all, but if he played well yesterday, fair doos, but Ricky comes back in, when available 

28 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Just back from the bakery where I have placed a huge order of humble pie for some forum members - happy to oblige a few of you.

More new signings to follow soon.

After one great win against Dundee and 3 new signings doing well on debut, still could be too early to be offering humble pie around.

14 minutes ago, ecto said:

Don’t rate Bitsindou, at all, but if he played well yesterday, fair doos, but Ricky comes back in, when available 

I think he does a good job in that defensive midfield role, much like Hamilton last season.  However, after a strong start, he's clearly been affected by injury.  He's been subbed off early in a couple games, missed others, and doesnt look fully fit.

11 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I think he does a good job in that defensive midfield role, much like Hamilton last season.  However, after a strong start, he's clearly been affected by injury.  He's been subbed off early in a couple games, missed others, and doesnt look fully fit.

Beginning to think he’s on loan at us to see if he’s good enough for the prem, when most of the time, he barely looks good enough for the championship, oh, he’s a shadow of what wee Hammy was last season 

Agh I dunno. Again wee Hammy benefitted from being in an excellent winning confident football team with some superb options uptop. Bitsindou seems reliable to me and he’s given us a good presence in the middle of the park. I really like him.

Cove have Queens Park on Saturday so if we manage to win there’s a good chance we could only be 1/2 points behind.

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Agh I dunno. Again wee Hammy benefitted from being in an excellent winning confident football team with some superb options uptop. Bitsindou seems reliable to me and he’s given us a good presence in the middle of the park. I really like him.

Cove have Queens Park on Saturday so if we manage to win there’s a good chance we could only be 1/2 points behind.

Fair enough, but not on Bitsindou, seen nothing to persuade me otherwise 

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Anyway 

When was the last debut we had that was as good as El Mhannis? I can’t think of one off top of my head

Not played for ages, away to league leaders, ripped the absolute pish out of Cammy Kerr so badly he got subbed off. Got back well, looked extremely fit, 2 assists, Zidane turns, Cruyff turns, nutmegs flicks the whole lot 

Looked up Nouble debut. Game we won against East Fife where Goldie had to go in goals. He was rather unremarkable that day and I remember thinking we had maybe signed a dud, first league game against ICT he was also ok but from Ayr away onwards and the Partick Thistle at home game in particular he took off and become near enough unplayable 

Balde debut a cracker by all accounts too especially considering he is 21 years old and he’d only played in L2 and the Lowland League / development leagues beforehand. 6k people and a ‘derby’ away from home against a good side and a high energy tough midfield and he done very well 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

25 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Looked up Nouble debut. Game we won against East Fife where Goldie had to go in goals. He was rather unremarkable that day and I remember thinking we had maybe signed a dud, first league game against ICT he was also ok but from Ayr away onwards and the Partick Thistle at home game in particular he took off and become near enough unplayable 

Balde debut a cracker by all accounts too especially considering he is 21 years old and he’d only played in L2 and the Lowland League / development leagues beforehand. 6k people and a ‘derby’ away from home against a good side and a high energy tough midfield and he done very well 

I also remember being very sceptical of Nouble at the very beginning but once match fit… well.

I think the best debut performance I remember for us was Lee Erwin v Brechin, I think it was, scored an absolute belter that day. Simon Murray also had a big impact on his first game for us, came on v Montrose and scored a cracker.

15 hours ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Genuine question. Are you on the board? Or are you trying to get on the board? 

🤣 Any truth in the rumour Mike Caird's been hammering on ClashCity's door pleading with him to join the Board ?

4 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Always find it interesting that people that watch the same games see it so differently. Think Bitsindou has been pretty good, with Saturday being his best game.

His best 2 performances for the club have both been when playing CB and both against Dundee. 

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT

Congratulations to Yasin Ben El-Mhanni on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in our Lichties 4-2 win at Dens Park yesterday. Yasin put in a dazzling display on his debut and had 3 assists to help us upset the league leaders. Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

7D9CBE7E-2488-4677-857A-C7C78FE9417E.jpeg

On 30/12/2022 at 12:47, 2002 Lichtie said:

I would tend to believe the first part of that comment but struggling with the second part.

He trained with them earlier in season a few times when our  management team went for a wee holiday.  Caused a bit of a kerfuffle within Highland league punters as to why he was there .

43 minutes ago, Bob Bags said:

He trained with them earlier in season a few times when our  management team went for a wee holiday.  Caused a bit of a kerfuffle within Highland league punters as to why he was there .

Trained with them once as Arbroath weren’t training for reasons you have stated above.

Better than not training at all

Edited by 2002 Lichtie