The Arbroath Thread

On 27/12/2022 at 10:21, Lichteeeeee said:

Now now, is that a little bite????

You want to calm down, we dont want your blood pressure and cholesterol going through the roof over a debate on football. 

So you say im very strange at times? Ive only ever posted my opinion on folks slagging our own players, and DC using Nouble and his knowledge of tier 8 of English football as something i find bizzare in terms of signings.

Was i wrong? Were they up to the level you claim to know?

I'd encourage you to read your own posts, you are always suggesting who is up to this level, and who isnt. Repeatedly, and we all know you wouldnt have any clue who is up to any level, and your knowledge of the game could be written on the back of a fag packet.

As per my last message, i asked you who made you the knowledge of all football levels, your response was i can f**k off if you dont like it ( unless in a professional footballer ) So its ok for a footballer to challenge your opinion, but noone else can?

Maybe take your own advice, if you dont like what i have to say, if you dont want anyone to challenge your moronic opinion, then dont post.

So replying to you is a bite now? Is this you biting to me? 

First of all I agreed with most of what you said about Nouble etc so no I’m not calling you strange for that reason. You are absolutely all over the place in the stuff you come away with, having a go at me for saying Scott Allan is not up to this level is very strange because I quite simply never said it and I’ve stuck up for him probably more than anyone else on here. 

Also I’m only doing what literally every other poster is doing including yourself and giving my opinions on players. You are the one who started banging on about what level I had played at and you are now turning that round and using at against me? Also very strange 

And now you are saying my football knowledge could be written on the bag of a fag packet 😂 as opposed to what? Is your football knowledge filling out War and Peace sized books like? Again my moronic opinion holds as much weight as yours does 

It is all very strange yes 

Record linking us with Ciftci and McNulty but genuinely just think they’re reading this thread and going off of that. McNulty was considered I was told months ago but he wanted way too much money. 

Balde for the injured Tait seems like a decent swap, everything I’ve read about Balde seems to suggest he’s been superb for East Fife. 

13 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

Hetherington to the Smokies on loan apparently 

Would take him seeing as Tait and Jacobs are doomed and then hopefully we could get him permanently at end of his loan if it went well. Brilliant at Alloa not so much at Falkirk but everyone seems to struggle there

42 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Balde for the injured Tait seems like a decent swap, everything I’ve read about Balde seems to suggest he’s been superb for East Fife. 

He was good for east fife when they played us earlier in the year, fairly pacey/tricky right winger from what i seen that day.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Would take him seeing as Tait and Jacobs are doomed and then hopefully we could get him permanently at end of his loan if it went well. Brilliant at Alloa not so much at Falkirk but everyone seems to struggle there

As is Bitsindou 

On 27/12/2022 at 09:57, mo83 said:

No but would take Hilson from you lot.

I like Hilson and would like us to hold onto him, OK not as a striker but a good player to bring on to cause havoc with his running ability and workrate to keep opposing defenders busy, better than anything we have on the bench at the present moment.

Hilson and Shanks would be 2 of the "fringe" players i would be keeping.

19 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

I like Hilson and would like us to hold onto him, OK not as a striker but a good player to bring on to cause havoc with his running ability and workrate to keep opposing defenders busy, better than anything we have on the bench at the present moment.

Hilson and Shanks would be 2 of the "fringe" players i would be keeping.

I would also keep those two but Shanks desperately needs more gametime so I think it may be best to loan him out to a L2 side. Get him banging the goals in and his confidence up. Depending on who we bring in of course as he may thrive with a couple of experienced strikers to play alongside.

I would also keep Fosu. Think he gives us something else, a bit more physicality and is pretty versatile.

Don’t know what’s happened to Bitsindou as I thought he looked pretty decent initially. His form has fallen off a cliff though so wouldn’t be too disappointed to see him go.

As has been shown recently, our squad is too small so I would look to add enough players to comfortably cover for injuries, suspensions etc and still have 7 or 8 on the bench every week. It looked amateurish as feck at half time on Friday, our 3 subs kicking the ball half heartedly back and forward to each other while QP’s 7 or 8 subs went through a proper session.

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

So replying to you is a bite now? Is this you biting to me? 

First of all I agreed with most of what you said about Nouble etc so no I’m not calling you strange for that reason. You are absolutely all over the place in the stuff you come away with, having a go at me for saying Scott Allan is not up to this level is very strange because I quite simply never said it and I’ve stuck up for him probably more than anyone else on here. 

Also I’m only doing what literally every other poster is doing including yourself and giving my opinions on players. You are the one who started banging on about what level I had played at and you are now turning that round and using at against me? Also very strange 

And now you are saying my football knowledge could be written on the bag of a fag packet 😂 as opposed to what? Is your football knowledge filling out War and Peace sized books like? Again my moronic opinion holds as much weight as yours does 

It is all very strange yes 

If i could be bothered id go and find where you said Scott Allan couldn't cut it at this level. We both know you said it, which is why your angry at it being brought up.

You did also state that Airdrie players could cut it at this level, if they were fitter and stronger

Now you claim to be a fan, but constantly hammer our own players 

"Cammy Gil gave you the fear"

Oh and your now in the Hilson camp, after slaughtering him something awful, and for what, because he was sat on a bench and unused by the manager, and thrown on out wide left, after 6 weeks of no action. 

Then he gets a wee run of games, does ok, and he's now a good squad player.

You use " this level " very often.

You have now stated you havent kicked a ball in your puff, im glad you cleared that up, the way you was dishing out who can play at what level, i thought it was Thierry Henry or something posting on here.

1 hour ago, Lichteeeeee said:

If i could be bothered id go and find where you said Scott Allan couldn't cut it at this level. We both know you said it, which is why your angry at it being brought up.

You did also state that Airdrie players could cut it at this level, if they were fitter and stronger

Now you claim to be a fan, but constantly hammer our own players 

"Cammy Gil gave you the fear"

Oh and your now in the Hilson camp, after slaughtering him something awful, and for what, because he was sat on a bench and unused by the manager, and thrown on out wide left, after 6 weeks of no action. 

Then he gets a wee run of games, does ok, and he's now a good squad player.

You use " this level " very often.

You have now stated you havent kicked a ball in your puff, im glad you cleared that up, the way you was dishing out who can play at what level, i thought it was Thierry Henry or something posting on here.

I said Scott Allan should look to Goldie, McKenna and Bobby etc and the work they do off the ball to try and improve that side of his game I never said he wasn’t good enough to play at this level and I have continually stuck up for him when he’s criticised

And yes of course they could and yeah teams are more fit and physical in this league compared to League 1 what is the problem with saying any of that 

I constantly hammer our own players, just me???? Am I the only fan in the world that criticises players that play for their football team 😂 

Cammy Gill playing does give me the fear a wee bit in the same way Antell did, he’s pretty much untested at this level. That’s not his fault and like I said at the time it’s mainly cause Gaston is so reliable and he’s been one of our best players this year 

I changed my mind about Hilson a long time ago, not just based off a few games 

Yes, this level refers to the Championship, the league Arbroath play in. I hope that’s not too difficult to understand 

And I’ve kicked a ball but never as a professional football player but it’s not relevant so I do not know why you keep banging on about it 

Very strange 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

21 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Lichteeeeee,  1320.....get a room !!!

Apologies for derailing the thread, not my intention. Be getting ignored now I cannot be arsed with that 

Looking forward to seeing what DC does this next week and hopefully we do not fall too far behind Cove. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Here is a list of 7 player's that might get released in January

Bitsindou ( loss of form after promising start)

Hoti

Shanks ( put on loan to an Angus club)

Isiaka

Tait (injured)

Corfe

Jacobs

If we include Hancock ( who is out for the season injured) - that would be a total of 8 players being released with only Oakley remaining from all the summer signings.

There could potentially be up to 7-8 signings in January !

1 hour ago, clashcityrocker said:

Here is a list of 7 player's that might get released in January

Bitsindou ( loss of form after promising start)

Hoti

Shanks ( put on loan to an Angus club)

Isiaka

Tait (injured)

Corfe

Jacobs

If we include Hancock ( who is out for the season injured) - that would be a total of 8 players being released with only Oakley remaining from all the summer signings.

There could potentially be up to 7-8 signings in January !

Forgetting about Fosu?

Shanks on loan to an Angus club - any particular reason why it needs to be an Angus club?

Might be a bit presumptuous to think/hope that Oakley 1. wants to stay & 2. his parent club want him to stay. Could be a lot of interest in him based on his performances.