The Arbroath Thread

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Our bench recently has been worse than basically every club in L1s bench. I am not even kidding. Bench of Isiaka / Corfe / Shanks / Jacobs / Gill would be an average bench in L2. Depth absolutely non existent 

On Sheridan and McGinn I highly doubt it. Dundee fans forums always seem to link us with their players. 

Weird that especially after last year and the money you boys would have in the bank, it's not as if that would be a problem to entice a player to play for you lot when you pay good wages.

We play Airdrie tonight good few players in that squad that could play championship football.

59 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Weird that especially after last year and the money you boys would have in the bank, it's not as if that would be a problem to entice a player to play for you lot when you pay good wages.

We play Airdrie tonight good few players in that squad that could play championship football.

And yours, Championship football is a step up but it’s not that big. If a player is very fit and a solid player in L1 they’ll be absolutely fine in this division. 

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

And yours, Championship football is a step up but it’s not that big. If a player is very fit and a solid player in L1 they’ll be absolutely fine in this division. 

You got to love this guy, always talking about levels and stuff, and has never kicked a ball in his puff.

2 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

You got to love this guy, always talking about levels and stuff, and has never kicked a ball in his puff.

And how is that relevant, if this was a forum solely for ex professional football players there’d be nobody on it 

I come in peace....

See a lot of Campbell out shouts in the QP match thread.

This time 8 months ago you were in with a shot of promotion to the Premiership. When Campbell took over were you not down the bottom end of League Two?

From the outside, surely the guy has done enough in the last 6 years to warrant a bit of leeway after a shite 6 months?

Or is something else going on?

5 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

I come in peace....

See a lot of Campbell out shouts in the QP match thread.

This time 8 months ago you were in with a shot of promotion to the Premiership. When Campbell took over were you not down the bottom end of League Two?

From the outside, surely the guy has done enough in the last 6 years to warrant a bit of leeway after a shite 6 months?

Or is something else going on?

So you just want us to sleepwalk towards relegation? I’m guessing you don’t watch us every week. It’s horrific 

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

So you just want us to sleepwalk towards relegation? I’m guessing you don’t watch us every week. It’s horrific 

Obviously not, which is why i asked the question.

But from the outside I think Campbell of all managers in the SPFL deserves the opportunity to turn it around given where he has taken you over his reign.

If there has been a massive falling out or Campbell has become an unbearable bellend towards players and support, that would obviously change matters.

Tonights performance summed up our season perfectly.

Poor tactics, lack of squad quality and depth, strange subs and then compounded by absolutely NO FUCKING FIGHT from these players.

I dont care what Dick has done in the past 6 years. Results on the pitch in the here and now are the only currency managers get. This team has been built by Dick. It has floundered and wasted away under Dick. And its fast becoming an utter farce under Dick 

We are not just facing a transfer window of signing 1 or 2 players to improve the squad. We are needing to be signing 8/9/10 players because most of this team have downed tools and are planning their summer holidays.

The board needs to wake up and do something as before long rhose record season ticket numbers will plummet fast as fans want to be entertained. Not be served shite.

Last season was clearly brilliant but the squad and tactics picked themselves pretty much yes we were lucky with suspensions, injuries and loan signing etc but players done the job every week. 

this season the management have made a monumental f**k up and it’s clear to see transfer policy in and out has been fucking awful. yes we've been very unlucky with suspensions and injuries but the squad depth and quality is awful. 

2 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

But from the outside I think Campbell of all managers in the SPFL deserves the opportunity to turn it around given where he has taken you over his reign.

If there has been a massive falling out or Campbell has become an unbearable bellend towards players and support, that would obviously change matters.

I don’t think realistically many of us were expecting the same results as last season but it’s been a total 180. We’ve signed nothing but shite and DC has said multiple times that our expectations are too high as a fanbase. Expecting not to get relegated the season after finishing 2nd in the league with a lot of the same squad is obviously too unrealistic.

To me there must be something going on behind the scenes, the players look like they don’t want to be there and we lost 3 squad players and our best centre mid after the season had started. 

It all just feels a bit unpleasant tbh and it would be better to stop the rot before it starts to set in. We’ve built a really good community spirit around the club in the town and we’re in danger of losing that the longer DC stays in charge bar a miracle comeback.

59 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

If you watched us a few times this season then you would understand, it is horrific. There is no way he is turning this round, we are getting worse week on week and time is fast running out.

No one man is bigger than the club and even though he has done great things for us, imo his time is up.

Oh and for the record, QP could easily have scored 6 or 7 tonight, whereas we were fortunate to even get 1.

Edited by Tattie36

Holy f**k. How did that game end up going the way it did after the 43rd minute. I stupidly thought we were going to win that game going into half time 0-0, we were playing into a hurricane and seemed to be dealing with it well. Even after the first I thought 1-0 wasn’t too bad and you’d have taken it at kick off. Come out, early goal and maybe get going. But nope, we launched everyone forward about 4 minutes into added on time and left ourselves horrendously exposed for the second goal. After that the heads were gone, it’s demoralising. Being in that team and putting that graft in to throw it away in a few minutes, in a team that cannot score goals it must be absolutely hellish.

Game was over at 2 and I had accepted that in my head, players will sub consciously be feeling that way whether they want to or not too. I stayed through half time but as soon as it went 3 I was up the road I genuinely did not have the energy to stay standing up on that terracing watching that game. The soul sucked right out of me just as it has been the whole season. It’s ridiculously bad and Campbells failings after being in such a strong position in May is incredible. How he’s managed to mess things up to this extent really is something.

Queens Park are a very decent team but we’ve played better teams than them through the years and never been as incompetent as that. I’d have fancied us to beat them this time last year actually and in our 3 previous Championship seasons I think they’d edge it but we would take 4/5 points off them over the course of 4 games. We are so far off it now it’s scary. 

I mean it’s typical isn’t it, it’s all there, the club off the park are absolutely excelling in every way possible. I don’t know what the attendance was last night, it was definitely down big from our previous home game against Morton but with the mental weather and time of year plus the Dunfermline drubbing it was expected, however it was still healthy and we’ve been getting 16-1800 home fans basically every league game.

The fact we are serving up this product on the park when we are at a peak in terms of interest and backing from the terraces is so ironic and frustrating it’s scary. I’ve always wanted more people from the town to take an interest in the club, it’s been something that’s frustrated me since as long as I can remember. We are now finally there in terms of that and we have quite possibly the worst team I can remember in all of my time watching Arbroath.

And that is not purely based on results, or necessarily the players here because we do have some brilliant players at the club. They are there hidden away behind a massive lack of confidence they all have at the minute. That is the fault of the manager because his signings in certain areas of the park have been so bad we cannot function as a proper football team. This is the worst Arbroath team I can remember because there is literally nothing there to even get excited about.

The lack of pace, creativity and any kind of threat going forward makes going to Gayfield a chore. I have never been as uninterested in watching an Arbroath team. The results you can take but the level of some of these performances is the worrying thing. 

There are glimpses of us showing our quality. I do think a whole lot of these draws we’ve had could have been wins if we were competent going forward and even 3/4 of they games being 3 points instead of 1 would paint a whole different picture but that’s not how football works.

I feel like Dick is backing himself into a corner a wee bit too, repeatedly doing this as well it’s strange. I mean some of the stuff he’s said about the support is completely unnecessary and I know this never made a single difference to the result last night ( I do believe it’s made big differences to results in previous games though ) but again taking Bobby Linn off. He’s the only source of enjoyment I’ve had this year. He’s by far and away our most dangerous player, he’s also someone that provides some excitement to the fans. Just fucking leave him on the park for f**k sake. He’d nearly scored a great goal just before he was taken off. He’d had a nightmare shift in the first half against the wind and with the wind at his back he’s hooked after 15 minutes. 

3-0 down, it’s pishing of rain and tornado conditions, fans fucking Baltic and watching eye bleeding stuff on the park….. Dick thinking kin what ehll dae I’ll take Bobby aff just to make things even more miserable. Again not suggesting that had anything to do with the result but it’s more the thought process behind it. It kind of feels like a sly get it up you to the fans and like he’s trying to make some kind of stubborn point. I’m sick of it. 

I don’t know what happens going forward, the sad thing is I kind of don’t care it kind of feels beyond repair and I’m actually worried that this seasons been that bad it affects us in the future now. It’s got to the point where I feel guys like ToB etc are thinking this has kind of run its course and will be thinking about a fresh start and future away from here. Because it’s hard enough to tolerate as a supporter but we don’t have that luxury of a fresh start that a player has. 

It absolutely is not over there’s still a possibility of staying up either through a play off or 8th. I mean Cove are 7 ahead with a game in hand (Dundee away which they’ll probably lose) and I kind of feel like they should be much further ahead with how bad we’ve been. They are no great shakes either and Hamilton, honestly not a clue how there is a team below us in this league. They must be so bad. 

However it’s going to take a monumental effort in January and I don’t think we are going to be so lucky this time. I’m already raging at the prospect of us announcing El Mhanni or whatever his puss is. Any more shite like that I just cannot deal with. Kind of lost the head with Pink and Dick over these summer signings and the fact they think there is nobody in Scotland better than some of these make believe players they’ve somehow sourced from f**k knows where. 

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Holy f**k. How did that game end up going the way it did after the 43rd minute. I stupidly thought we were going to win that game going into half time 0-0, we were playing into a hurricane and seemed to be dealing with it well. Even after the first I thought 1-0 wasn’t too bad and you’d have taken it at kick off. Come out, early goal and maybe get going. But nope, we launched everyone forward about 4 minutes into added on time and left ourselves horrendously exposed for the second goal. After that the heads were gone, it’s demoralising. Being in that team and putting that graft in to throw it away in a few minutes, in a team that cannot score goals it must be absolutely hellish.

Game was over at 2 and I had accepted that in my head, players will sub consciously be feeling that way whether they want to or not too. I stayed through half time but as soon as it went 3 I was up the road I genuinely did not have the energy to stay standing up on that terracing watching that game. The soul sucked right out of me just as it has been the whole season. It’s ridiculously bad and Campbells failings after being in such a strong position in May is incredible. How he’s managed to mess things up to this extent really is something.

Queens Park are a very decent team but we’ve played better teams than them through the years and never been as incompetent as that. I’d have fancied us to beat them this time last year actually and in our 3 previous Championship seasons I think they’d edge it but we would take 4/5 points off them over the course of 4 games. We are so far off it now it’s scary. 

I mean it’s typical isn’t it, it’s all there, the club off the park are absolutely excelling in every way possible. I don’t know what the attendance was last night, it was definitely down big from our previous home game against Morton but with the mental weather and time of year plus the Dunfermline drubbing it was expected, however it was still healthy and we’ve been getting 16-1800 home fans basically every league game.

The fact we are serving up this product on the park when we are at a peak in terms of interest and backing from the terraces is so ironic and frustrating it’s scary. I’ve always wanted more people from the town to take an interest in the club, it’s been something that’s frustrated me since as long as I can remember. We are now finally there in terms of that and we have quite possibly the worst team I can remember in all of my time watching Arbroath.

And that is not purely based on results, or necessarily the players here because we do have some brilliant players at the club. They are there hidden away behind a massive lack of confidence they all have at the minute. That is the fault of the manager because his signings in certain areas of the park have been so bad we cannot function as a proper football team. This is the worst Arbroath team I can remember because there is literally nothing there to even get excited about.

The lack of pace, creativity and any kind of threat going forward makes going to Gayfield a chore. I have never been as uninterested in watching an Arbroath team. The results you can take but the level of some of these performances is the worrying thing. 

There are glimpses of us showing our quality. I do think a whole lot of these draws we’ve had could have been wins if we were competent going forward and even 3/4 of they games being 3 points instead of 1 would paint a whole different picture but that’s not how football works.

I feel like Dick is backing himself into a corner a wee bit too, repeatedly doing this as well it’s strange. I mean some of the stuff he’s said about the support is completely unnecessary and I know this never made a single difference to the result last night ( I do believe it’s made big differences to results in previous games though ) but again taking Bobby Linn off. He’s the only source of enjoyment I’ve had this year. He’s by far and away our most dangerous player, he’s also someone that provides some excitement to the fans. Just fucking leave him on the park for f**k sake. He’d nearly scored a great goal just before he was taken off. He’d had a nightmare shift in the first half against the wind and with the wind at his back he’s hooked after 15 minutes. 

3-0 down, it’s pishing of rain and tornado conditions, fans fucking Baltic and watching eye bleeding stuff on the park….. Dick thinking kin what ehll dae I’ll take Bobby aff just to make things even more miserable. Again not suggesting that had anything to do with the result but it’s more the thought process behind it. It kind of feels like a sly get it up you to the fans and like he’s trying to make some kind of stubborn point. I’m sick of it. 

I don’t know what happens going forward, the sad thing is I kind of don’t care it kind of feels beyond repair and I’m actually worried that this seasons been that bad it affects us in the future now. It’s got to the point where I feel guys like ToB etc are thinking this has kind of run its course and will be thinking about a fresh start and future away from here. Because it’s hard enough to tolerate as a supporter but we don’t have that luxury of a fresh start that a player has. 

It absolutely is not over there’s still a possibility of staying up either through a play off or 8th. I mean Cove are 7 ahead with a game in hand (Dundee away which they’ll probably lose) and I kind of feel like they should be much further ahead with how bad we’ve been. They are no great shakes either and Hamilton, honestly not a clue how there is a team below us in this league. They must be so bad. 

However it’s going to take a monumental effort in January and I don’t think we are going to be so lucky this time. I’m already raging at the prospect of us announcing El Mhanni or whatever his puss is. Any more shite like that I just cannot deal with. Kind of lost the head with Pink and Dick over these summer signings and the fact they think there is nobody in Scotland better than some of these make believe players they’ve somehow sourced from f**k knows where. 

A feel your pain we were absolutely honking last night too! 

24 minutes ago, lichtiemike said:

I just can’t see January making any of this better, I was actually raging hearing some of the stuff that was said at the recent fans forum thing regarding signing policy, expect the same old drivel. 

Pink was the one who put so much effort into getting Corfe into the club, Corfe will prob go down as one of our worst ever signings. As someone with so much experience of Scottish lower league football how did they possibly think he would be a success. It is mind boggling. I’m lead to believe he’s now away it’s pretty much confirmed. The amount of time and money invested into getting this guy into the club and his work permit and housing etc that went along with the whole thing for the output we got from him on the park genuinely makes me seethe. 

ETA - I actually think him just not playing, especially at the expense of Bobby would have us in a better position. As someone who played on the wing that really is some achievement 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

I’d like to point out to Dick et al that the Queens Park attack that tore us to shreds last night contained Simon Murray, Dom Thomas and Grant Savoury, all of them Scottish. We know all about Murray, Thomas was signed from a horrendous Dunfermline (although he obviously has a good pedigree) and Savoury from Peterhead… Peterhead FFS!!!

Don’t tell us that there are no (or were no in the summer) Scottish players good enough because I just watched 3 take us apart at will. You fucked up by thinking you’d be a smart arse and fill our team with “real quality” from England and, in true Dick Campbell fashion, you will never admit that it was a mistake and will plow on regardless, and blame everyone and everything else until it’s too late.

Edited by Tattie36