The Arbroath Thread

37 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

The reality is, for whatever reason, we are shite all over the park this season. Imo the only players with pass marks so far are Linn, Little, Oakley and, most worryingly Gaston. If it wasn’t for him then we would be bottom absolutely no doubt.

Tonight has laid bare… yet again, that we are miles and miles off it.

But it’s fine, we’re going to sign 4 or 5 quality players in the next few weeks and win 10 games out of 15.

Head, say hello to sand.

We don’t even need quality players. We just need players who are capable of playing at this level 

In the league, with our first choice 11 most games have been very close. It’s clear as day where we are lacking

I am absolutely furious at that comment from Pink in regards to him saying that there aren’t players in Scotland good enough when we’ve signed some of the players we have. It’s outrageous. Our bench is a shite L2 squad 

3 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I'm still licking my wounds after I dared to question the manager on here after the Morton game.

Mate you wanted us to go similar to what we had the night with Isiaka and Shanks? We played well that second half against Morton too? 

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We don’t even need quality players. We just need players who are capable of playing at this level 

In the league, with our first choice 11 most games have been very close. It’s clear as day where we are lacking

I am absolutely furious at that comment from Pink in regards to him saying that there aren’t players in Scotland good enough when we’ve signed some of the players we have. It’s outrageous. Our bench is a shite L2 squad 

At the start of the season, yes we just needed competent players. Now we need quality players or we’re down. Everyone else in the league will be strengthening too so we need better than them. FWIW I don’t believe these players 1. Exist and 2. Will come to us.

I completely disagree. The only games I’ve seen that we’ve competed in are Hamilton, Cove and the second half v Morton. Every other game I’ve seen, or the reports I’ve read, we’ve been a distant second best.

100% agree, this attitude from the management team has fucked our season.

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

No, I did not.  Why on earth would I want us to play without a midfield?

About 267 weeks in a row you’ve been wanting Isiaka to start 

Surely tonight if anything proves that the team selection v Morton and in previous weeks has been a good thing?!?!?!?! 😂😂

Just now, Tattie36 said:

At the start of the season, yes we just needed competent players. Now we need quality players or we’re down. Everyone else in the league will be strengthening too so we need better than them. FWIW I don’t believe these players 1. Exist and 2. Will come to us.

I completely disagree. The only games I’ve seen that we’ve competed in are Hamilton, Cove and the second half v Morton. Every other game I’ve seen, or the reports I’ve read, we’ve been a distant second best.

100% agree, this attitude from the management team has fucked our season.

We just need competent players in a couple of positions. 

And that’s just not true 

add Inverness at home, away, Dundee home and away and Queens Park away for a start and that’s just off the top of my head 

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

About 267 weeks in a row you’ve been wanting Isiaka to start 

Surely tonight if anything proves that the team selection v Morton and in previous weeks has been a good thing?!?!?!?! 😂😂

Yes, I wanted Isiaka to get a chance.  But why would you finally, finally play a striker, and then give him absolutely no service?  As soon as I saw that line up, it was obvious that our midfield was nonexistent.  

Why wouldnt you learn from that Morton game?  He worked it out in the second half.  He had a balanced team.  So why just throw all that away?  Yet again, our management got it wrong.

12 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Serious problems here if McPake and his mob are marching in and giving you a hiding at home.

Back to league 1. IMO.

And we fully deserve to be there. We are sleepwalking towards relegation. 

51 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Serious problems here if McPake and his mob are marching in and giving you a hiding at home.

Back to league 1. IMO.

Thank you.

Fully expected the Smokies to walk back down the metaphorical mountain, but not plummet off the north face entirely.

Ooft.

Edited by Scorge

13 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Come on, this is our first choice back four getting their arses gaped by a team we pumped for fun last season.

Our problems run far deeper than Corfe or Isiaka.

So what the fcuk was our 3 in midfield all about. Absolute joke team selection. We are in deep trouble 

Edited by Hayshead2