The Arbroath Thread

Oakley was exceptional today.

Hammy, Ricky and ToB pretty solid. 

First half made my eyes bleed , long high balls up to Bobby, come on !!

Second half definitely an improvement, may I say half time subbies actually worked.....

Thought Tait and Allan were a pair of passengers and their body language / moaning is not needed. They can GTF for me with that attitude, we’re in a battle and need the sleeves rolled up, take Jacobs when he came on, he won a lot of second balls and got us playing by sometimes just simply helping it on onto good areas. 

Thought Tait and Allan were a pair of passengers and their body language / moaning is not needed. They can GTF for me with that attitude, we’re in a battle and need the sleeves rolled up, take Jacobs when he came on, he won a lot of second balls and got us playing by sometimes just simply helping it on onto good areas. 

We must’ve been watching a totally different game from each other, I thought he was stinking

18 minutes ago, Biglichtie74 said:

We must’ve been watching a totally different game from each other, I thought he was stinking

Must’ve been, there’s absolutely no way Jacobs was stinking. What a bizarre take 

and im by no means his biggest fan 

29 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Had high hopes for Tait after his debut at Cappielow, but it's been downhill since then. As for Allan - the style in which our team performs best and the style in which Allan performs best seem to be at polar opposites of the footballing spectrum. 

What a load of jobbies - a striker on the pitch gets a shot away quicker than Scott Allen with his chance in the first half & Fosu in the 2nd

To be fair Scott Allen had a great snapshot cleared off the line in the opening minutes 

Whether you rate him or not can we please get his name right? Scott Allan. Thank you

13 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Had high hopes for Tait after his debut at Cappielow, but it's been downhill since then. As for Allan - the style in which our team performs best and the style in which Allan performs best seem to be at polar opposites of the footballing spectrum. 

Problem we are going to have if we bring in a striker is, they're is not going to be a place in the side for both him and McKenna, as for Tait, just looks lost

Edited by ecto

15 minutes ago, ecto said:

Problem we are going to have if we bring in a striker is, they're is not going to be a place in the side for both him and McKenna, as for Tait, just looks lost

Not sure what you mean?Don't see any reason why signing a striker would mean McKenna has to drop out 

First of all I thought that first half was really poor a few moments aside 

The midfield was all over the joint, not sure where Allan was supposed to be playing but he was constantly asking the bench himself. Morton were snapping into tackles in there and he just wasn’t up to it, where he was trying to play just didn’t work. He definitely needs to improve the other side of his game in games like yesterday. Ironically enough I thought he started getting proper stuck in just before half time but taking him off the right decision 

Dylan Tait also, initially I was so impressed with him. He was a busy busy midfield player who kept it tidy and got forward into dangerous areas but I dunno if we’ve killed him asking him to play the position he plays in the team or what but yesterday he was just miles off it. His touch and decision making just so poor. Gave the ball away in bad areas. He does work his baws off so I hope he can find form again 

Bitsindou too I mean we really need someone like him so if this injury problem exists I think we should maybe look elsewhere in January for that player because after he went off the midfield struggled with that battle in there 

What did really help in the second half was the midfield battle was not happening as much because we put two uptop and two out wide and played old school direct football and it was actually really enjoyable to watch for spells. The game was like a basketball match at times 

Fosu done really well and I would actually like to see him kept on the basis that if he plays we use him like we did yesterday. Not as a wide man or central midfielder but as a nuisance that can play uptop in a 2

Also I really do not understand why we are so adverse to having a shot. We had a reasonable breeze at our back and it was a wet sloppy surface. Hoti, Corfe, Jacobs and Allan yesterday unbelievable chances to get a shot away and they chose different options. Fucking have a go, loook at that Australia goal last night. We need to test the opposition keeper more 

A word for Tam who I believe was struggling with an illness all week but he had a great game and last but not least Marcel Oakley. He was absolutely immense, the amount of times he stopped potentially very dangerous situations with good positioning and his pace superb. Also the tackles he was putting in, solid, what a player 

In regards to January I wouldn’t be against getting rid of Corfe / Isiaka / Hancock and even on the verge of letting Bitsindou and Tait go back. 

In Bitsindou case purely on the basis of his injury record. We need a player like him and we need someone we can rely on week in week out. Feel sorry for the big man he’s been good when he plays. Tait just isn’t suiting the way we play at all, Hoti looks like a reasonable replacement for him. Maybe try a different option there instead. Again he works really hard so no complaints but maybe not suiting the way we’re playing 

If we can keep in touching distance of Cove going into January I am sure we can catch them.

With a view to overhauling the squad in January ....

Hancock - already away back to Aberdeen with injury, no real loss. Would be best playing in a 3-5-2

Oakley - hopefully we can extend loan. Pink mentioned at Q&A that Birmingham were impressed with how he is being looked after so praying he can stay. Has been very good so far, imagine how good he could be in a half decent team with an actual winger ahead of him.

Tait - as mentioned before, looked superb at Morton on his debut, incredibly disappointing since. Not sure what he is actually good at bar being 'busy'. Send back to Hibs.

Bitsindou - the only player I'd maybe punt, but would be worried about replacing with similar quality. Biggest problem with him is, as mentioned, his fitness. 

Corfe - signed til end of season but do everything in our power to punt. Has shown nothing in his many opportunities. 

Fosu - has probably done *just* enough to earn a deal til end of season. Has had a few games like yesterday where he's looked pretty decent, but also others where he's looked an absolute pub player. 

Isiaka - has made Lari Yao's contribution to the club look invaluable. 

Shanks - biggest question mark for me. One of my mates said pretty early doors he is similar to the Hester situation from Campbell's early years and I disagreed, but can see that now. He's on a three year deal so maybe a loan to L1/L2 would be beneficial.

Paterson - he's all but away anyways, but would be releasing him to sign for Bo'Ness. No need for us to be picking up his wage if his loan is cut short due to injury etc

Watched the stream with a terrible stop start feed as was on the train. Though we were poor first half but bit unlucky to be going in one down at HT. agreed with the 2 subs as thought Allan and tait were poor and we needed more dog and fight about us. Fosu started really well but faded as half went on but he got us back in the game in so fair play. Jacobs fine ok but still doing daft things and being slack hampered us in attacks. 

like others have said had high hopes for tait but think I’m being moved about playing in the non existent right side midfield role has affected him and his confidence he’s definitely beat central with someone more experienced next to him. 

allan is a luxury player we simply can’t afford atm until we get the correct signing in. yes he plays nice through balls(when they come off) etc but his attitude and work rate at times is not what Arbroath is about or needs. 

Need to hang in there till January to get some players in hopefully and move some on.

For me I'd let Corfe Tait and Isiaka go in January for sure, 

If Bitsindou isn't gonna be reliable then we should be looking to replace him too, 

A few weeks ago DC said he hadn't been fair with Shanks and he got a little chance but seems like he is well back down pecking order again, if your not gonna play him get him out on loan, 

Also it's clear Scott Allan isn't going to ever be suited to this level and especially our style of football, I wouldn't be opposed to cutting ties with him, 

A striker is the obvious one but we also miss stewart and low badly, im not sure of the details but there’s obviously been a falling out with low and management and if its over the scott allan signing it can go down as one of the worst bit of business we’ve ever done.