The Arbroath Thread

25 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Well that's 6 years Pink has been doing these Q&A's, and I think I've attended every one. I'm glad to say that tonight we entered a new era at Arbroath FC - not once was Kane Hester's name mentioned. Here's to the future. 

Any insight as to what was talked about?

Excellent meeting with both sides (AFC Management/Board and AFC fans) getting both their views across.

Also very good crowd there, just a guess but i would reckon 100+ fans there.

Pink and all the AFC Board (less maybe 2 I think) were in attendance.

Good frank discussions from both sides were put across and the good thing about Pink he is open and honest and admitted mistakes have been made but he and DC are very confident that we can get back on track and has asked for everybody connected with The Red Lichties to stick together and to get through this rough patch working as a team.

I think this Q&A was required for everybody involved and a big round of applause at the end of the meeting sort of proved it.

Well done to all.

C'Mon the Red Lichties 36-0.  

13 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Well that's 6 years Pink has been doing these Q&A's, and I think I've attended every one. I'm glad to say that tonight we entered a new era at Arbroath FC - not once was Kane Hester's name mentioned. Here's to the future. 

I'm hoping sometime over the next few years Kane ends up at the Mo,the long awaited trial is still pending so see what happens their first i suppose.AFC had a scout/Player recruitment lad at the Blyth Spartans game last week looking at a striker no idea who the striker is or if he is any good.

12 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Excellent meeting with both sides (AFC Management/Board and AFC fans) getting both their views across.

Also very good crowd there, just a guess but i would reckon 100+ fans there.

Pink and all the AFC Board (less maybe 2 I think) were in attendance.

Good frank discussions from both sides were put across and the good thing about Pink he is open and honest and admitted mistakes have been made but he and DC are very confident that we can get back on track and has asked for everybody connected with The Red Lichties to stick together and to get through this rough patch working as a team.

I think this Q&A was required for everybody involved and a big round of applause at the end of the meeting sort of proved it.

Well done to all.

C'Mon the Red Lichties 36-0.  

Well he could hardly deny that mistakes had been made and I wish I shared his confidence that they can get the team back on track.

We will need to start a winning  run of games, score shed loads of goals and have all the teams above us go on losing streaks. Sounds reasonable if you say it quickly. But it may be too late if we don't pick up points before the fabled January transfer window in which we hope some free scoring strikers will be signed, fit right onto the team and save our season.

However it will be a job well done if we can finish above the automatic relegation place, even better if we can make it above the play off place. I'm not too confident but am ever hopeful. This World Cup has shown that nothing is guaranteed in football and maybe it will all turn out well and we will retain our Championship status.

2 hours ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Can understand that to a degree but it doesn't help all the ones who are unable to attend such things.

Yeah. I can understand that there may be slightly sensitive info that they don’t want to broadcast but there must surely be plenty they can tell the wider support.

As it is, only around 5-6% of our season ticket holders are privy to what was said.

Can’t really see the point in these meetings to be honest unless they’re willing to divulge a bit more info, particularly at the moment.

And before anyone says - “well why didn’t you attend?” There are many fans who live elsewhere or who have other commitments that make attending impossible. Both in my case.

Edited by Tattie36

Of all the things to be moaning about just now I don’t think not being able to make a supporters meeting then being pissed off that nobody is sharing what was said on pie and bovril is something we should be getting too worked up about.

Big game tomorrow, really hoping to see improvements. 

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

Yeah. I can understand that there may be slightly sensitive info that they don’t want to broadcast but there must surely be plenty they can tell the wider support.

As it is, only around 5-6% of our season ticket holders are privy to what was said.

Can’t really see the point in these meetings to be honest unless they’re willing to divulge a bit more info, particularly at the moment.

And before anyone says - “well why didn’t you attend?” There are many fans who live elsewhere or who have other commitments that make attending impossible. Both in my case.

Do you honestly think they would tell anything really juicy and expect nobody to say a word. FFS get a grip. 🙈