The Arbroath Thread

Spin it any way you like. 
The direction of travel just now ain't great !

Not quite fair I think. We’ve got the Scott Allan+Bobby Linn thing going now. 7 league and cup goals for Bobby already; and we’ve got Bitsindou in front of the back 4. We need other attacking avenues (E.g. Oakley crossing for ???) but compared to a few weeks ago I have a bit more hope.

Not sure we were ever hanging on or not the game I certainly watched and Bobby really should’ve scored 4 so could’ve been plain sailing. Team selection and tactics were spot on so agree with Simon, can’t abuse Dick when he gets it wrong (plenty This season) and not praise when things go well.

A tricky tie on paper and we’ve avoided what happened to Montrose and Edinburgh. 

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT

Congratulations to Bobby Linn on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match Award for his performance in the Lichties 2-0 win at Fraserburgh yesterday. The Lichtie legend fired us into the hat for the next round with a brilliant double to see off the Highland League outfit. Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

🎶 Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Bobby, Bobby Linn 🎶

DC9EC073-8B4D-40BF-81B9-6EA1CA124F16.jpeg

2 hours ago, TASC_1878 said:

The Players
The Board of Directors 
The Management Team
The Supporters 

We are in this together! We are one! We are Arbroath FC 

#togetherstronger 🇱🇻

F3757CEC-098A-4256-8BF2-A8A30BBFF14E.jpeg

Pardon me for being cynical, but does "We are in this together" include supporters who were threatened to be banned last week for non-political correctness at matches?

Edited by SotesBornalichtie

2 hours ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

Pardon me for being cynical, but does "We are in this together" include supporters who were threatened to be banned last week for non-political correctness at matches?

In my experience “non political correctness” is just gammon talk for sexism, racism or homophobia at the football. 

39 minutes ago, lichtiemike said:

In my experience “non political correctness” is just gammon talk for sexism, racism or homophobia at the football. 

I am none of the above. 

I have served in the armed forces, and worked as a civilian, with men and women of various ethnic backgrounds and of alternative sexual preferences and had respect for them all. As a young man I was told that if you want respect you first have to give some and I have carried that with me ever since.

My reference to non-political correctness was regarding the use of abusive and foul language, which doesn't seem to be that uncommon in today's society and will certainly be heard at football matches at all levels everywhere.

1 hour ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

I am none of the above. 

I have served in the armed forces, and worked as a civilian, with men and women of various ethnic backgrounds and of alternative sexual preferences and had respect for them all. As a young man I was told that if you want respect you first have to give some and I have carried that with me ever since.

My reference to non-political correctness was regarding the use of abusive and foul language, which doesn't seem to be that uncommon in today's society and will certainly be heard at football matches at all levels everywhere.

Foul & abusive language is of course not uncommon, and it often includes what I’ve already mentioned, wanting less of this isn’t a bad thing.

Just to be clear I wasn’t insinuating you were part of that. 

On 27/11/2022 at 12:29, 2002 Lichtie said:

Yesterday was always going to be a lose/lose situation regardless of outcome so a win & being in the hat for the next round was all that mattered.

but tie played in difficult conditions? Is that any different to Gayfield…….?

A team at the top end of the Highland League? Inverurie Locos have won twice at Bellslea this season.

Scott Allan? Should have the experience to pull the strings in midfield from start to finish, not just play 1 killer pass. How many times does he give the ball away?
He doesn’t always see the runs forwards make nor play it forward quickly enough to get the team up the pitch let alone make attempts at getting beyond the lone striker.

Furthermore, he moaned & moaned again at Shanks for simply passing to him instead of playing for a foul. Most likely would have moaned if Shanks had won a foul & not passed to him……….

What a lot of utter jobbies. Scott Allan’s never done that in his entire career, his whole game is playing in the final third and trying to create chances. He could’ve had 3 excellent assists yesterday you can’t ask any more of him 

Im delighted Bitsindou is back I feel so much more comfortable with him sitting infront of the back 4

Hoti been unremarkable but he does fit the mould in terms of work rate

Overall Saturday was spot on, it was hard at times but it always was going to be it’s their big day out 

Bobby absolutely excellent but probably should’ve had 4

5 hours ago, DUAFC said:

Missing Scott Stewart enormously, out since the last Morton match.

Always rated him individually, but what he brings to the team defensively and attacking has really become evident over the past 10 weeks. 

Here Here

With the other Scotty back now and sitting in front of the back 4 and when Scotty Stewart does comes back I am 100% convinced we will push on as he for me has been the biggest miss and then add more attacking threat in January, Praying we can keep Oakley until the end of the season too 🇱🇻⚽💪