The Arbroath Thread

18 minutes ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Yeah of course lol but I haven’t seen the interview so I don’t know he could have, That was just some of his hilarious catchphrases he tends to repeat in his interviews 🤣🤣🤣

Can just picture Housecaptain frantically googling how to recall an email 😆

Shanks will be in the starting 11 on Sat - he made his name and reputation playing in the Highland league, so unless he is injured he will surely start - need to be looking at playing two up front for this match.

If DC has identified potential signings for January do the rules allow for potential signings to train with their potential new clubs before the January window - if they, we need to be looking at trying to get a few along to training, getting them to gel with the players.

Usual norm in January is for players to hold off signing for a loan club until the last week of the month - holding out for a better deal etc, but we don't have time to wait too late into the month of January.

Hopefully talks are taking place already with loan targets and moving in the right direction.

Expecting at least 3 players to be released in January and also expect 4-5 new players coming in.

2 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Something feels so familiar watching the World Cup today. Team in maroon, looking out of their depth, lacking ability, creating absolutely nothing of note.

We are Qatar 🇶🇦  

😉

You appear to enjoy us being poor.

6 minutes ago, keptie said:

You appear to enjoy us being poor.

I don’t think he does and I certainly don’t. It is proper mental the situation we are in when you actually think about it. Because we have a lot of very good players in that squad 

In regards to us being poor I can remember us being and looking shite because we have been poor defensively or because we’ve been absolutely bang average all over the park but I can’t remember seeing an Arbroath team with so little attacking threat 

Even under Lumsden we went a 4-2-3-1 and had Jamie Reid and Bobby Linn out wide. Coult / Grehan or Rutherford uptop. Davie Gold or Sergio playing in the creative hole. We were bad but it was a team set up with a purpose. When we’ve had shit teams before then I always remembered us being a basic 4-4-2, like basically every other team in the country, with two wingers and two strikers on the park. It was bad but atleast it was an actual football team who set up in a way that allowed us to try and function properly 

This seasons genuinely felt like 4 defenders with 5 or 6 centre mids infront of them depending on whether or not Bobby Linn is playing

It is kind of like that feeling I got when I seen Levein and Scotland set up the 4-6-0. You kind of feel like you’re on to a hiding to nothing before a game begins and when it does go 1-0 to the opposition it feels like that’s the game done

Sure players will feel the same as we do, they must look around themselves and think f**k me we are not scoring a goal or getting up the park with the boys around me here. Like the fans the players must be thinking Bobby is the main hope of us getting anything

When we lose a goal and everyone’s been knocking their pan in and putting in all the running they do, because every single players committed and working hard on the park, it must be so demoralising for them 

Yet Dick thinks we are being unrealistic. The start of this season has been utterly bizarre

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I don’t think he does and I certainly don’t. It is proper mental the situation we are in when you actually think about it. Because we have a lot of very good players in that squad 

In regards to us being poor I can remember us being and looking shite because we have been poor defensively or because we’ve been absolutely bang average all over the park but I can’t remember seeing an Arbroath team with so little attacking threat 

Even under Lumsden we went a 4-2-3-1 and had Jamie Reid and Bobby Linn out wide. Coult / Grehan or Rutherford uptop. Davie Gold or Sergio playing in the creative hole. We were bad but it was a team set up with a purpose. When we’ve had shit teams before then I always remembered us being a basic 4-4-2, like basically every other team in the country, with two wingers and two strikers on the park. It was bad but atleast it was an actual football team who set up in a way that allowed us to try and function properly 

This seasons genuinely felt like 4 defenders with 5 or 6 centre mids infront of them depending on whether or not Bobby Linn is playing

It is kind of like that feeling I got when I seen Levein and Scotland set up the 4-6-0. You kind of feel like you’re on to a hiding to nothing before a game begins and when it does go 1-0 to the opposition it feels like that’s the game done

Sure players will feel the same as we do, they must look around themselves and think f**k me we are not scoring a goal or getting up the park with the boys around me here. Like the fans the players must be thinking Bobby is the main hope of us getting anything

When we lose a goal and everyone’s been knocking their pan in and putting in all the running they do, because every single players committed and working hard on the park, it must be so demoralising for them 

Yet Dick thinks we are being unrealistic. The start of this season has been utterly bizarre

We are all frustrated we're going through a rough patch it happens to all teams and we all know where the problem lies but i haven't given up hope of us turning it round We don't know what is gonna happen in the coming months but it's like some of our supporters have just given up already.

3 minutes ago, keptie said:

We are all frustrated we're going through a rough patch it happens to all teams and we all know where the problem lies but i haven't given up hope of us turning it round We don't know what is gonna happen in the coming months but it's like some of our supporters have just given up already.

I use this thread to vent, recently I’ve been so frustrated and fed up with it I’ve no even bothered doing that. Only reason I decided to post is because I was very angry at Dicks unrealistic comment 

I’ve not given up at all but I am always pessimistic and think the worst when it comes to Arbroath or Scotland. Always have and always will regardless of how good or bad we’ve been

2 hours ago, danlichtie said:

Think I had genuinely banished the memories of Lewis Coult, Martin Grehan, et al from my brain until I read that post.

Greg Rutherford had some great moments. Remember a game, possibly a night time one where it was pishing down and he was excellent. 

Also remember a game where we were 3-0 down in the Scottish Cup to Cowden within half n hour and I was fucking raging, that raging I decided to leave, only ever done that 2 times before, by time I got in my car and drove past Tutties it was somehow 3-2. So I turned around at the wee roundabout after the tunnel and went back into Gayf. 😂 Unfortunately finished 3-2 or possibly 4-2 in the end.  

Sergio was something else too he was funny. Coult fucking hopeless after he’d given us so much trouble playing against us before signing. Grehan very good in his day but done by time he got here.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

I honestly feel sorry for Isiaka. Comes up here to play for the club, to try and get his career on the right track.

Lives in the town away from friends and family back down south.

Then is constantly on the bench.

Made 5 appearances. All as a sub. Grand total of 99 minutes since he joined at the start of September.

Then you see Corfe getting game after game........