The Arbroath Thread

26 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I think what he’s saying 

Very disingenuous to the board for what they have achieved in the last few years. They are a breath of fresh air and their achievements have taken the crowds from a few hundred to nearly 2 thousand. Let’s at least give them some credit.

Just now, Seeker said:

Very disingenuous to the board for what they have achieved in the last few years. They are a breath of fresh air and their achievements have taken the crowds from a few hundred to nearly 2 thousand. Let’s at least give them some credit.

Yeah they’ve clearly had a complaint and have thought a club statement would be a good idea but I would say it’s backfired. Feel sorry for them cause been absolutely amazing in regards to everything else. The person who complained should quite simply grow up 

Its not just Allan who has suffered with the lack of strikers.  McKenna's whole game last season was ghosting about and being dangerous from deep, as the opposition defence was kept busy with marking the strikers.  When he's expected to be the main man and is being double marked, we are not getting the best out of him.

30 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Its not just Allan who has suffered with the lack of strikers.  McKenna's whole game last season was ghosting about and being dangerous from deep, as the opposition defence was kept busy with marking the strikers.  When he's expected to be the main man and is being double marked, we are not getting the best out of him.

I’d say it affects most of our midfield and even Oakley on the right has been completely isolated. Allan sticks out because he’s not the same work horse type player as the rest of the midfield and also because he’s Scott Allan and comes with a good reputation, really wish people would try and see the game through his eyes it must be tough going. The only player we’ve got who can take a man on get us up the park and do something is Bobby it’s why we’re so reliant on him. Also affects the defence, heard Dick complaining about it after the Cove game but what are they expected to do when we cannot get up the park after he’d made his subs. They’re always going to be up against it and before Saturday, not looked since, we had the 11th best goals against out the 42 clubs. On the whole the defence and Gaston in particular have been great. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

That statement is an absolute minter and those folk commending it on Facebook probably couldn’t name any of our managers before Dick Campbell. 
If folk can’t handle “DC get to f**k” and a song slagging Weegies why are they watching fitba.

Certainly seems like some wet lettuce has complained to the club and to then respond to that with a statement is bordering on pathetic. 

Im sure every player and coaching staff would say we deserve a bit criticism this year, just as much as we deserved all the praise last year. On the flip side, I think some of the shouts and comments on here are a bit over the top. We’ve made poor signings and just haven’t got going at all, it’s a case of hanging in there till January and Dick simply needs to ship out 5 or 6 and get in players who are capable of getting us enough points to get to 8th.  Getting behind the team will also help us achieve that. 

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

Certainly seems like some wet lettuce has complained to the club and to then respond to that with a statement is bordering on pathetic. 

Im sure every player and coaching staff would say we deserve a bit criticism this year, just as much as we deserved all the praise last year. On the flip side, I think some of the shouts and comments on here are a bit over the top. We’ve made poor signings and just haven’t got going at all, it’s a case of hanging in there till January and Dick simply needs to ship out 5 or 6 and get in players who are capable of getting us enough points to get to 8th.  Getting behind the team will also help us achieve that. 

I genuinely admire your optimism.

Love the fact that you think Dick can “simply” ship out 5 or 6 and bring in the same amount of better players.

Personally I have major doubts and am pretty much resigned to a relegation playoff at absolute best.

Ok so we ship out 5-6 players and bring in replacements, who exactly and where from? How can we guarantee that they’ll be better than what we’re getting rid of? Do any of us really trust Dick and the management team (new scouting team) with another window? They had months and months to identify and sign/loan players of the required standard but, apart from perhaps 3, they failed.

It will take time to get these new guys up to speed and integrated, it even took Nouble a few weeks to click.

So we will likely be in the position of having a third of the squad as new players having to get up to speed immediately then change us over night from relegation candidates to weekly match winners and unless we bring in these superstars right at the beginning of the window, we may have as few as 14 or 15 games to pick up between (guessing) 25 and 30 points.

Really don’t want to sound like negative Nigel but is that realistic?

Feel free to dredge this post up and laugh at me come May after we win 15 in a row to clinch a Premiership play off place.

Edited by Tattie36

Reading the Arbroath Statement  and it is exactly the sort of thing the Accies Board have put out since the Canning days every so often the last eight years.

Arbroath FC need to be careful here as throwing the baby  out  with the bath water will only lead to long standing fans  being so pissed off that they will chuck it.At the same time,the new fans/glory hunters will disappear like snow off a dyke and you will be left with a lower number of diehards.

This happened at Accies as folk I know who were  going 20-50 seasons have stopped going completely with the hangers on fcuking off to support the Old Firm now we are on a slippery slope.

The Club have belatedly acknowledged this with a new Director acting as a go-between and trying to bring current and lapsed fans onside, but the damage has been done.

Memo to the Arbroath Board;never go full Canningesque to defend a Manager as those fans will be there long after the current incumbent has gone-unless you alienate them completely as our club did.

24 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

What did he say? “Fans are out of order”, “unrealistic expectations”, “bad luck, injuries, everyone else’s fault but mine”, “I’m the gaffer!”?????

"Ken whit, youze loat get right on ma tits"   ?

He said “ I only sign players that are better than what I have got so I don’t know why everyone is moaning, Corfe is 10 times the player Bobby will ever be”

”Christmas has come early for” (Insert Team) 

“There goalkeeper has taken 10 minutes at every set piece and cost us the points”

”Arbroath fans get on ma tits”

🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

1 hour ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

He said “ I only sign players that are better than what I have got so I don’t know why everyone is moaning, Corfe is 10 times the player Bobby will ever be”

”Christmas has come early for” (Insert Team) 

“There goalkeeper has taken 10 minutes at every set piece and cost us the points”

”Arbroath fans get on ma tits”

🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Before I explode and send off an e-mail to Gayfield, please confirm that you are making this up?

46 minutes ago, Housecaptain said:

Before I explode and send off an e-mail to Gayfield, please confirm that you are making this up?

Yeah of course lol but I haven’t seen the interview so I don’t know he could have, That was just some of his hilarious catchphrases he tends to repeat in his interviews 🤣🤣🤣