The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, RedLichtie86 said:

I would not be surprised if we see a change of formation and Linn dropped this weekend.

You'd like to think Bobby won't be dropped as he's our biggest goal threat and consistently been one of our better players this season. 

If he is dropped it's clearly not for footballing reasons. 

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Linn starts. Can see Hoti or someone being shoved out left mid.
Have a feeling we wont have a left mid at all.

Can see Dick going 5-3-2 and having Oakley be our main threat down the right and probably Hancock down the left.

I think Friday night games are an abomination and should only eventuate when enforced  (eg by TV scheduling).  Particar issue for the Lichties travelling to games.

I can't really understand excessive criticism of management so soon after the best years in our history.  Youd think that might have earned them some latitude.  Poor showing so far confirms how difficult it is.  Yes a few errors of judgement but a fair bit of bad luck some of which went our way these past few seasons.  Doesn't mean they have a free pass but let's keep a bit of perspective.

Maybe too many inputs seem like arising from dissatisfied consumers rather than supporters.  The kind of folks that leave games early or, a personal gripe, remain silent on the terraces rather than lending vocal backing.  

I have a slight concern with how sustainable the recent commercial initiatives are.

Edited by farflung lichtie

17 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Have a feeling we wont have a left mid at all.

Can see Dick going 5-3-2 and having Oakley be our main threat down the right and probably Hancock down the left.

Oakley to run them ragged…..only to be subbed after an hour for being “knackered”

10 minutes ago, farflung lichtie said:

I think Friday night games are an abomination and should only eventuate when enforced  (eg by TV scheduling).  Particar issue for the Lichties travelling to games.

I can't really understand excessive criticism of management so soon after the best years in our history.  Youd think that might have earned them some latitude.  Poor showing so far confirms how difficult it is.  Yes a few errors of judgement but a fair bit of bad luck some of which went our way these past few seasons.  Doesn't mean they have a free pass but let's keep a bit of perspective.

Maybe too many inputs seem like arising from dissatisfied consumers rather than supporters.  The kind of folks that leave games early or, a personal gripe, remain silent on the terraces rather than lending vocal backing.  

I have a slight concern with how sustainable the recent commercial initiatives are.

The criticism is absolutely justified. The recruitment has been an abomination which has led to piss poor performances on the park. Are we meant to sleepwalk towards relegation and give them a free pass for that? 

I personally believe that we have enough about us to survive in 8th but we need to kick on immediately. A win on Saturday backed up with a win at Fraserburgh will change the atmosphere with the supporters and most probably in the dressing room as well

Tough for the young lad. Hope he makes a full recovery and kicks in at Aberdeen 

He’s a good left back with some potential. We’re a bit odd with our needs for a defensive loan player because we have such a settled back 4. Someone who can play defensive midfield or centre back/ fullback - like Bitsindou- is what works. Sticking Hancock on the left wing was criminal.

47 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

He’s a good left back with some potential. We’re a bit odd with our needs for a defensive loan player because we have such a settled back 4. Someone who can play defensive midfield or centre back/ fullback - like Bitsindou- is what works. Sticking Hancock on the left wing was criminal.

May have been criminal, but everyone saw it coming

20 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Along with his meltdown about the ref on Sportsound, Campbell managed to slip in a mention that some Arbroath fans are "unrealistic".

£500 k + in the bank, he recruits a crock of sh!te, and we're unrealistic....really !!

Campbell's a deluded, egotistical clown.

Edited by DUAFC