The Arbroath Thread

7 hours ago, DUAFC said:

He's done very well,  totally punched above his weight.

Still fancy him and Big Rab here at some stage......

Has been rather funny watching all the usual suspects here go from hero worship to gnashing teeth within six months regarding the bunnet - fact is many of the qualities that make him good (authoritarian stubbornness being the most obvious) are also what can make him bad. Still, I doubt he's getting sacked even if Fraserburgh toss you into the harbour and you end up relegated. Not really worried about SP heading down the A92 imminently, wouldn't mind seeing him there in a few years after you've done a Brechin and need rescuing from the HL  </banter>

Edited by Scorge

Sliding doors moment. What if Sheerin hadn’t baled out in us to go to Aberdeen?
Hardly say he bailed on us.

He got offered a full time position and left with the clubs best wishes.

Left us with a strong squad (the one Allan Moore took over) compared with the 2 players he had when he first came in.

Its not like he did a Jim Weir

2 hours ago, stan3600 said:

Sliding doors moment. What if Sheerin hadn’t baled out in us to go to Aberdeen?

SP was the brains of that duo I'm led to believe,Sheerin did most of his talking on the pitch he was superb for you lot.

Had a slice of the action by himself again at Falkirk and never did nothing to be fair Falkirk were poor but he should/could have done better in my opinion.

38 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:
1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:
Clashes with the World Cup quarters so could affect the crowd. 

Quarter final also on the Friday night at 7pm so can't be that.

That’s what I meant. It clashes on the Friday 

Looks like the quarters are 3pm&7pm on Friday and Saturday that weekend. Surely an earlier ko on the Saturday would make more sense?Another reason I can think of is that it's maybe the Xmas night out for the players on the Saturday and they've asked for it to be moved. 

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/arbroath-ticketing-information-3/

Ticket arrangements for Saturday lads. 

Spoiler

Arbroath supporters will be situated in the north end of the Jackie Husband Stand for this fixture.

Away fans can purchase their ticket for this league game through one of the two methods below:

Away supporter ticket prices for this match are priced at:

Adults – £20

Concessions (Over 65s, students, disabled supporter including carer, 16-18 year olds) £15

Under 16 – £5

Online ticket sales for Arbroath fans will be available right up until kick-off.

There will be no provision available for physical in-person ticket sales for away supporters on matchday.

Expecting many down? 

12 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Unlikely, after last week's managerial display I'll give it a miss. Pity, cos we tend to get a decent result and I quite enjoy Munns Vaults.....🤪

So you’re not going to support the players because the management fucked up? Seems a bit harsh. 

I hope we take a decent crowd down on Saturday and then up to Fraserburgh on the 26th. 2 wins could turn the season around.