The Arbroath Thread

Great bit on View from the Terrace that covered young people with autism playing football.

Roddy from Edinburgh, looking good in his Arbroath strip 🙂 Take a bow young man, you sir are  an absolute star.

Love to see him leading the team the team onto the park in the near future  

⚽

Edited by DUAFC

12 hours ago, DUAFC said:

Great bit on View from the Terrace that covered young people with autism playing football.

Roddy from Edinburgh, looking good in his Arbroath strip 🙂 Take a bow young man, you sir are  an absolute star.

Spot on what a lovely young man.

Hopefully the AFC Management/Board saw Roddy on this prog last night and invite him and his Mum/family down as guests at Gayfield Park for a game and young Roddy can lead the team out.

And also well done to View from the Terrace for highlighting good projects for autism and other things like this, well done folks.

14 hours ago, DUAFC said:

Was absolutely amazing wasnt it ❤️🇱🇻⚽️ hopefully like folk have said the club can get him and his family down to Gayfield to lead out the Smokies 🤩 I absolutely love A view from the terrace and have watched every episode and that part of the show last night was amazing 

20 minutes ago, Hayshead2 said:

What about a money grabbing mercenary Griffiths. GTF.

After our woeful, inadequate recruitment this year, no sure we are in any position to be pickie

3 hours ago, ecto said:

After our woeful, inadequate recruitment this year, no sure we are in any position to be pickie

f**k that. A history of racist behaviour, and pretty sure he's got that criminal charge having over him from booting a flare into the St Johnstone fans when he was at Dundee on loan. 

Edited by danlichtie

1 hour ago, afc_36_0 said:

Staying in the league this year will be a bigger achievement than finishing 2nd last year

To be honest, I was more worrying about next season, thought we had enough to be fine this season, but you are correct, staying up, will be a massive achievement 

18 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Need a new manager in now if we're to have any chance of staying up.

Just hope Campbell's behaviour at the Linn substitution hasn't damaged team relations beyond repair.

I agree, It’s time.

I say that with no pleasure at all, I’m very sad actually, but we have to try and save the season. Today’s game was always my personal line in the sand and if anyone thinks things are improving in any meaningful way then they’re deluded. The club have invested far too much to throw it all away like this. There is a decent squad there but bizarre tactics,  lineups and substitutions, on top of the inexcusable striker situation, means we’re in what looks like an unstoppable relegation spiral. 

Yes, we played ok in parts today and there were some good individual performances - Linn; McKenna, his best game so far this season; Oakley - a superb player. It doesn’t hide the fact though that we had TWO attempts on target in 90 minutes in (yet another) must win game. Again, the opposition goalkeeper had a stroll. Defences and keepers must love playing us, we make them look good.

Bobby got subbed (yet again), he was playing quite well.  He didn't seem best pleased (understandably)

Campbell then gave him the full hair dryer works right in his face. Bobby stood his ground and Campbell went into meltdown. 

Looked horrendous, only saving grace was that some of the fans in the stand told Campbell where to go.