The Arbroath Thread

24 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

That would be popular with many of us, but:
Loads of clubs will be monitoring him.
Could we afford him?
He left because Dick apparently didn’t rate him.

It was clear when Hester was here DC either didn't rate him or perhaps didn't like him so i doubt as long as DC is manager Hester is gonna be getting a call.

Edited by keptie

Sir Bobby Linn is one of Arbroath's greatest players in living memory - what a magnificent servant he has been to the club, outstanding.

If we had signed a proven championship striker, I think young Shanks would have been put out on loan - which might still happen in January.

I also think some of the new signings were signed as cover and squad players, but due to a number of deals falling through these players are now getting more game time that perhaps anticipated.

Hilson seems to have found his mojo - if he had played yesterday we might have scored more.

A very good win yesterday considering how much pressure the players were under.

I feel like yesterday was a turning point in the season - felt like we just wanted it more instead of being second to every ball and general lack of effort. We could’ve won 3 or 4 nil easily. 

For those who were there what we thinking about the group of lads that had the drum? I personally think its great to get a bit of atmosphere back as it feels nowhere near as lively as last season.

7 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie22 said:

I feel like yesterday was a turning point in the season - felt like we just wanted it more instead of being second to every ball and general lack of effort. We could’ve won 3 or 4 nil easily. 

For those who were there what we thinking about the group of lads that had the drum? I personally think its great to get a bit of atmosphere back as it feels nowhere near as lively as last season.

Dunno cause we have played very well at times this season, Morton and Dundee very recently. Every time it feels like that we get brought back down to earth with a bang. Tam coming back in is massive. Big Bitsindou gave us a presence, Bobby is on fire and Scott Allan showing what he can do too. 

Scott Stewart coming back in and I can’t believe I’m saying this Dale Hilson coming back in too should make us a bit more solid and see us through until January 

2 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

I'm a fan of the drum. Would I want to stand next to them for 90 mins.......perhaps not !

They young lads are brilliant. Fucking great to see it really is. 1600 there again yesterday with a very small away support even after we’ve had a horrendous season so far. Superb. And days like yesterday get the young lads (and lassies) hooked on going to games. 

Had a right good laugh at the young lads on Wednesday with the torches on their phones and waving them about. Brilliant 

Dunno cause we have played very well at times this season, Morton and Dundee very recently. Every time it feels like that we get brought back down to earth with a bang. Tam coming back in is massive. Big Bitsindou gave us a presence, Bobby is on fire and Scott Allan showing what he can do too. 

Scott Stewart coming back in and I can’t believe I’m saying this Dale Hilson coming back in too should make us a bit more solid and see us through until January 

Interesting r.e Scott Stewart - Do we think he gets back in? Oakley been on fire recently.

Just now, glasgowlichtie22 said:

Interesting r.e Scott Stewart - Do we think he gets back in? Oakley been on fire recently.

I wouldn’t put him back in right now, but he’s very important to team and squad. We need to tie him down longer. I’m really liking Oakley too by the way

The young lads with the drum are doing a great job, the fans have been very flat this season so good on them for trying to create an atmosphere

Completely agree - Just hoping it catches on and more of our fans make an effort to raise the atmosphere and morale, especially on away days where it has been mostly quite quiet. Anyone know whether the drum would be allowed on away days?

On 21/10/2022 at 12:55, DUAFC said:

Just for clarity,  Davie Martindale discovered Nouble and offered him to Arbroath. 

For further clarity, Martindale didn't even discover Nouble. He was recommended to us by JET on his way out as he knew Joel's brother, Frank Nouble and felt he was a similar player to himself. 

Even if Dick Campbell is looking for another Nouble in those leagues, don't you think Livi also are? It's a bit of a wild chase either way but we've had a lot of failures from that level too. 

Okay thanks,  didn't know that.

Maybe pass JET'S number  to Dick 🙂

When Big Noubs first arrived he was like a rabbit in the headlights.  Looking nervous,  lacking in confidence. Oh my God how that man has developed. 

Loved what he brought to the team on the park, more importantly loved what he brought to the Club and how he conducted himself off the park. An absolutely lovely human being. 

Edited by DUAFC

Okay thanks,  didn't know that.
Maybe pass JET'S number  to Dick [emoji846]
When Big Noubs first arrived he was like a rabbit in the headlights.  Looking nervous,  lacking in confidence. Oh my God how that man has developed. 
Loved what he brought to the team on the park, more importantly loved what he brought to the Club and how he conducted himself off the park. An absolutely lovely human being. 

Hoping Isiaka is similar. Like what I’m seeing from him but seems quite low on confidence at the minute. Last season Dicks specialty seemed to be man management and this season a few of the players seem more afraid than ever to make mistakes. Looks like something has happened thats caused a divide somewhat.