The Arbroath Thread

I'm actually glad this transfer has fallen through, it was another absolute panic signing

Who was the last permanent transfer we made that you could really say was a success,

All our better players have been at the clubs for a while now, Henderson and Low were good recent signings and show there is quality in lower leagues

Just a quick question, maybe im a simpleton, but because a guy goes on trial with other clubs first, he cant be Noubles mate?
Ikechi Eze of Stranraer is Noubles mate, he was on trial with us, and ended up at Stranraer 
You going to say thats not his mate, because he didnt sign for Arbroath? Just so i can understand your logic on identifying who his mates are?
Either supply a list of all of Noubles 'mates' that we have signed or drop the subject.

I think everyone is tired of this same story being spouted and lets put this to bed and move on.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Thank f**k. It’s ashame that didn’t happen to some of the other ones 

Exactly this. 

The guys YouTube highlights aren’t even good, can do keepy ups and step overs but end product etc. didn’t look good at all, bullet dodged. Hopefully don’t go back for him in January and also see the back of Fosu, Corfe etc. 

4 minutes ago, Volvic said:

Exactly this. 

The guys YouTube highlights aren’t even good, can do keepy ups and step overs but end product etc. didn’t look good at all, bullet dodged. Hopefully don’t go back for him in January and also see the back of Fosu, Corfe etc. 

Aye we would be better off just getting rid and going with a smaller squad, save us a few bob 

And before we allow Dick to sign anyone else we should make him pass some physical and mental tests to make sure he’s ok and is actually the real Dick Campbell.

And after we have established that it is the real Dick Campbell and not some imposter sit him down in a room and make him watch repeats of our league games this season over and over, teach him what a striker and winger are and why they are important to football teams.

After he’s passed all these tests he can be allowed to make signings again

Honestly taking the piss another cluster f**k with recruitment dc needs to start taking responsibility instead of blaming everyone and everything else. His recruitment is why we are where we are surely finding out if the player is actually eligible to sign is one of the first things you do 

lost the fucking plot 

This is like when we signed Sebastian Osei-Obengo. A jobber who had been playing in Gibraltar and looked absolutely garbage on his highlights reel, only for the deal to mysteriously fall through a week later. After which we signed Paul Heffernan instead.

Osei-Obengo's last club appears to have been in the Isthmian League South Central Division. It blows my mind the amount of clubs and gaffers up here who chuck deals at guys from glorified Sunday league down south in the hope of unearthing a gem. It never works.

This is like when we signed Sebastian Osei-Obengo. A jobber who had been playing in Gibraltar and looked absolutely garbage on his highlights reel, only for the deal to mysteriously fall through a week later. After which we signed Paul Heffernan instead.
Osei-Obengo's last club appears to have been in the Isthmian League South Central Division. It blows my mind the amount of clubs and gaffers up here who chuck deals at guys from glorified Sunday league down south in the hope of unearthing a gem. It never works.

Also blows my mind that managers and secretaries don’t know the rules. I presume this guy can’t sign because he was released outside of a transfer window? It’s like when we tried to sign Corrie Ndaba a few years ago despite him already playing for two clubs. We had him up training with us for about a week and no one thought to check if the deal would even go through.

Michael Tidser signing for Morton only to have to sit in the stand for six months was another one. You’d think these guys would be clued up on the rules.

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Yes. This second paragraph is exactly what we have done.

I watch YouTube Sunday league teams, teams like UTR and SE Dons who have players who play Saturday football in the Isthmian leagues, the guys we have signed wouldn’t get a game on a Sunday for SE Dons or UTR it’s embarrassing.

Dick seems to be completely hell bent on finding the next big thing from these divisions and further afield.

It’s like he’s had to use the Scottish market for all of these years and now this new avenue has opened up to him because the club now have a few flats which means we have the capability of letting players move up here and stay in the town and he has gotten overly excited by it like it’s some kind of new toy. Currently getting out of his tits on the English market and we are watching and waiting on the comedown

Yes. This second paragraph is exactly what we have done.

I watch YouTube Sunday league teams, teams like UTR and SE Dons who have players who play Saturday football in the Isthmian leagues, the guys we have signed wouldn’t get a game on a Sunday for SE Dons or UTR it’s embarrassing.

Dick seems to be completely hell bent on finding the next big thing from these divisions and further afield.

It’s like he’s had to use the Scottish market for all of these years and now this new avenue has opened up to him because the club now have a few flats which means we have the capability of letting players move up here and stay in the town and he has gotten overly excited by it like it’s some kind of new toy. Currently getting out of his tits on the English market and we are watching and waiting on the comedown
Think he is also looking further afield as his pool of player knowledge from when he was the Forfar manager has dried up. Craigen, ToB, Hilson, Low etc.

And with no scouts it seems like we arr relying on agents and youtube reels to gind players now.

One word explains it all - Nouble.

Dick has gone mental trying to unearth another one.

Some of the guys he has brought in and trialed are miles off the standard required. Good technical players I’m sure but totally unsuited for the Scottish game.

E.g. I am 100% certain Fosu wouldn’t have been given a deal if he hadn’t scored a screamer in the last minute v Montrose. He had been distinctly average up until then. The fans in the stand behind him were “jokingly” shouting “sign him up Dick” and he took it literally.

ETA I think someone else mentioned this the other day. If we now have accommodation in town and a number of players training full time, why could we not have done that to keep guys like C Hamilton and Henderson, and sign Dowds? Not suggesting they all lived together in a flat in Arbroath 😆 but obviously there are funds available.

Edited by Tattie36

28 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Guarantee we have him on trial by the end of the year 

7 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Think he is also looking further afield as his pool of player knowledge from when he was the Forfar manager has dried up. Craigen, ToB, Hilson, Low etc.

And with no scouts it seems like we arr relying on agents and youtube reels to gind players now.

Aye. And L1 / L2 players in general because we’ve not been down there for 3/4 years

“The club remain focused on continuing our player signing identification ahead of the next transfer window”.
This reads to me as the club are going to continue looking down south for players which is really worrying. Are they just going to keep doing this until they find one that’s actually half decent. It’s clear for everyone to see including the management team, that Ford/Bakare/Fosu/Karim/Corfe are just nowhere near the level, with the exception of Oakley who looks like he could be a player but he has played at a decent level unlike the rest of the journey men they have decided to sign. To continue doing this in January would be criminal and will ultimately see us relegated unless we somehow get very lucky with one of them but the odds are very much against that going on the current signings. It’s so ridiculously obvious that this is just not working and if the management team and the club do not see this then we will be very lucky to avoid the drop.