The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

I

We have a few on here, one in particular, who doesn’t think we have the right to criticise or complain about any of our players and, if we do, he resorts to personal attacks…. while at the same time ripping our management to shreds, the same management who are the main reason for our recent success

I

Do as you please, fans criticising players is one thing, personally attacking them constantly when they are barely on the park and someone like yourself can do no better is another thing.

The small amount of people whom ive posted against, have all personally attacked me, you have that round the wrong way.

You and a handful of other guys are those fans that are never happy, unless folks run about like a headless chicken, you dont rate them . So aye your opinion is BS and its been called out. Its you and a couple of others i have issues with. Not players being criticised in general.

The management team have us where we are not, the past is the past, in the here and now we have signed all of Noubles mates from London. Your all now complaining about these players now. 

I told you about the dressing room rift, you criticised me 

I told you players were going to leave

I told you all Noubles mates are being signed up and they are

Seems i was right all along

1 minute ago, Lichteeeeee said:

...in the here and now we have signed all of Noubles mates from London. Your all now complaining about these players now. 

Tell you what, if this is all of Nouble's mates from London he obviously doesn't have many friends.  How many of our squad are "Nouble's mates from London"?

One of the most frustrating things for me is that last season even if we were playing shite we still looked like we could get a result. This season the only player that looks like doing anything productive is Bobby. Last season we had Nouble, Jack Hamilton, Dowds etc. who all looked like scoring or at least contributing something up the pitch. Willing to give the new guys a chance but the reality is we need to start winning games and none of the forward players we’ve signed look up to it.

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Tell you what, if this is all of Nouble's mates from London he obviously doesn't have many friends.  How many of our squad are "Nouble's mates from London"?

You would need to count them all up, however its been confirmed by DC that he is utilising Nouble's knowledge of non league players down south and trying to find a new Nouble. 

2 hours ago, Lichteeeeee said:

Do as you please, fans criticising players is one thing, personally attacking them constantly when they are barely on the park and someone like yourself can do no better is another thing.

The small amount of people whom ive posted against, have all personally attacked me, you have that round the wrong way.

You and a handful of other guys are those fans that are never happy, unless folks run about like a headless chicken, you dont rate them . So aye your opinion is BS and its been called out. Its you and a couple of others i have issues with. Not players being criticised in general.

The management team have us where we are not, the past is the past, in the here and now we have signed all of Noubles mates from London. Your all now complaining about these players now. 

I told you about the dressing room rift, you criticised me 

I told you players were going to leave

Seems i was right all along

You actually haven’t been right about anything.

Theres no evidence of a dressing room rift, just something you’ve made up.

players leave clubs every year.

And this Nouble mates thing is another fantasy. 

Everything was wrong tonight , tactics, formations and subs

The manager has to take full responsibility for the mess we are in,

Could of been 4 or 5 tonight,

We have the worst squad we have had in years,

When chasing a game you take off McKenna and Linn and bring on a Defender, Absolute no words....

10 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Nobody can defend that shitshow of a performance. Midfield was completely overrun and we continue to look anaemic up top. 

Get Fosu so far out of this club 

I'm sorry, that was your take from that?  Fosu?  Jesus christ.  The team was poor, the line up was dreadful, the subs were awful, we made all kinds of mistakes, O'Brian sold an easy goal, Tait looked like a walking red card, Bitsindou lumbered about, and your key takeaway, the point you are leading with, is to blame Fosu? A late sub?

Jesus christ.

5 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I'm sorry, that was your take from that?  Fosu?  Jesus christ.  The team was poor, the line up was dreadful, the subs were awful, we made all kinds of mistakes, O'Brian sold an easy goal, Tait looked like a walking red card, Bitsindou lumbered about, and your key takeaway, the point you are leading with, is to blame Fosu? A late sub?

Jesus christ.

He’s pish. Everyone can see it except you 

Honestly where to start 

First of all - Shanks / Corfe / Fosu / Hilson and Isiaka on the bench - Bobby Linn upfront - THAT IS WHY THE SIGNINGS HAVE BEEN CRITICISED. f**k me shows you how much faith he has in these guys when Bobby is playing upfront over all of them. A fkn horror show 

Also Hilson dropped, Hilson, the guy that’s been our sharpest and one of our better players the last couple of weeks 

First half, strong wind at our backs, our back 4 launching balls up to Bobby and Mikey with Tait, Jacobs, Gold and Bitsindou right behind them. Could’ve fitted them in a box it was like they’d been told the pitch had been narrowed. Launching balls down a corridor, blowing out of the park. Absolutely no attempt to play football. Embarrassing

What’s even more embarrassing is the fact Dick watched that and thought kehn what let’s do that second half too. It was an absolutely shameful performance from us but Dick really didn’t help that. Absolutely zero width or any attempt to play football at all. Whatever that was tonight was not football 

We were hopeless and made that so easy for Raith. Gaston bailed us out from a fkn hiding 

If it was anyone else but Dick Campbell he’d be sacked by now. Even with Dick there I would seriously be considering it he has to be under huge pressure. 

Signings haven’t been good, especially all these punts, the fact we signed ANOTHER ONE last night suggests he’s no learned any lessons. However we still should not be this bad!!!!! Team selections, subs, tactics…. Wild all season.

He’s honestly had a fkn nightmare here we are absolutely chronic and unless his attitude changes we are doomed and going down and given the budget and place we started from that is absolutely unacceptable. A build up of shite decisions has turned an unbelievably good situation into a fkn crisis 

Embarrassing tonight

Pathetic performance.

No fight in midfield.
Defence left exposed time and again.
Attacking players left chasing f**k all and outnumbered.
Tactics all over the place.
Subs beyond a joke.
Worst bench we have had in years.

And we still have 2 and half months to go before we can change anything.

Last season was an aberration. Yes we finished 2nd but there was times last season where we struggled exactly like tonight. It was plain to see to everyone that we need to make the squad stronger for this season to compete.

But we have regressed so far it is frightening. Most of these new signings have been horrific and major questions must be asked of the management and the club on the scouting of these players and how we have got so bad so quickly.

How bad are things going to be in January?

More panic buys?

Didn’t think the level of cove performance could be replicated but we somehow managed to outdo that tonight. Absolutely abysmal. Shape, selection, tactics, subs everything awful. 

Summer business has been absolutely horrendous. Unreal how much we’ve gone backwards from last year. We were never going to replicate last season but we could of been pushing for playoffs with everything going right but with this squad and performances we will be lucky to get a relegation playoff. 

playing at home with no strikers or any real width is stupidity especially in those conditions. 

Campbell built a solid squad unit over 3/4 years. we thrived on on squad continuity and couple of quality additions to strengthen each year. He’s absolutely blown it to pieces with a single disastrous transfer window. 

we picked up handy players from the lower leagues who know the Scottish game Liam hendo, SS, JT, mckenna the list goes on. These tombola signings are baffling and utter fucking mince. The quality on the park tonight was severely lacking. Hilson barely kicked a ball last season until March and now he’s one of our only exciting / threats. Bobby wrongly didn’t get much game time last season but now he’s been utilised a lot because no one else in the squad has anywhere near his ability to create. Mind about 6/7 years ago we beat Berwick 3-1 midweek at gayf and Bobby single handedly got us back into it and basically saved us from 10th place in league 2 by himself, fast forward to now and same predicament if not for his contribution last 2 games we’d have f**k all goals. We have gone so far backwards it’s almost funny.