The Arbroath Thread

3 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

I think Bobby is much more effective from the start, Dundee couldn't live with him on Saturday and it helped us get onto the front foot. It's another shocking indictment on our recruitment that we don't have anyone else capable of playing that role. If Bobby got ruled out for the season tomorrow then we would have 0 left wingers at the club until January.

Does Corfe not play on the left?

Our game with you on Christmas Eve (a Saturday) is being moved to the Friday night according to Queen's. No explanation, naturally. Any info from Arbroath FC?
Surprised Queens went for this considering the amount of games you have on a Friday and fans travelling etc.

10 hours ago, Hammerafc said:
14 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:
Our game with you on Christmas Eve (a Saturday) is being moved to the Friday night according to Queen's. No explanation, naturally. Any info from Arbroath FC?

Surprised Queens went for this considering the amount of games you have on a Friday and fans travelling etc.

Bold of you to assume that our club has absolutely any regard for the fans whatsoever.

Cove aside recent weeks have been much better and having ToB back in there just made everything feel much more assured. Also Colin Hamilton back at left back, there are sometimes a wee bit of doubt over him from a small number of people but surely after having Hancock there and having Hammy back out there they doubts are gone. Hamilton is an excellent left back and a 7/10 every week

34 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Cove aside recent weeks have been much better and having ToB back in there just made everything feel much more assured. Also Colin Hamilton back at left back, there are sometimes a wee bit of doubt over him from a small number of people but surely after having Hancock there and having Hammy back out there they doubts are gone. Hamilton is an excellent left back and a 7/10 every week

I agree that Hamilton was really good, but I'm a little confused by what you think Hancock has done wrong?  I thought he had been pretty good this season, apart from when he was dropped into midfield.  I wouldnt have had any concerns if he had started last night.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Off the bottom lads and unbeaten in 2. Something to celebrate 

One defeat in 5 (if we include the EF game) so things definitely looking more positive. 3 home games in a row now, so a great opportunity to pick up a few points and move up the table.

2 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I agree that Hamilton was really good, but I'm a little confused by what you think Hancock has done wrong?  I thought he had been pretty good this season, apart from when he was dropped into midfield.  I wouldnt have had any concerns if he had started last night.

I had similar feelings until Cove and looking back Hancock has been decent enough. Hamilton is just excellent, much more reliable because he’s so much more experienced too. Which Hancock obviously cannot help. Colin Hamilton is an unsung AFC hero 

19 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

I hear that Leigh Griffiths is back training at Livingston. A contract till Xmas would be worth a punt.

Not for me. I think he’s an absolute liability of a person and could upset the dressing room 

Special shout out to gaston who made an unbelievable save last night, there was rumour he was off in the summer but he signed on and apart from a dodgy 2nd half v dundee away he’s s been our best player and one of the best keepers in the league.

1 hour ago, afc_36_0 said:

Special shout out to gaston who made an unbelievable save last night, there was rumour he was off in the summer but he signed on and apart from a dodgy 2nd half v dundee away he’s s been our best player and one of the best keepers in the league.

Up there with one of our best keepers in a long time? 

As good a keeper as I can ever remember 

14 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Up there with one of our best keepers in a long time? 

As good a keeper as I can ever remember 

I can’t think of a better keeper in my time supporting Arbroath. I caught the very end of Gordon Marshall (sr)’s time with us but no one else has played so well for us and at such a high level. Our best ever imo… maybe Ned Doig but that was a wee bit before my time 😆

I hear a lot of positivity after two 1-1 draws but I think the next 3 fixtures - all at home - are pretty season defining. We can bring Raith back into the mix and Hamilton are our main rivals at the bottom. But we have a classic unbalanced squad. No goalscorers except a 37 year old winger. Fingers crossed for 3 1-0 wins.

34 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

I hear a lot of positivity after two 1-1 draws but I think the next 3 fixtures - all at home - are pretty season defining. We can bring Raith back into the mix and Hamilton are our main rivals at the bottom. But we have a classic unbalanced squad. No goalscorers except a 37 year old winger. Fingers crossed for 3 1-0 wins.

Getting first goal this season going to be important for us, until January anyway. As good as we’ve played and the chances we’ve created I’ve still wondered who was actually going to put the ball in the net, especially when there’s no Mikey or Bobby (stop fkn subbing him Dick) on the park. Taking Bobby off is just wild, could understand it at the Dundee game but not last nights game. Bringing on the likes of Fosu and Isiaka for him too. (No offence Isiaka not seen enough of you yet but you’re not upto Bobby standard in front of goal) 

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Getting first goal this season going to be important for us, until January anyway. As good as we’ve played and the chances we’ve created I’ve still wondered who was actually going to put the ball in the net, especially when there’s no Mikey or Bobby (stop fkn subbing him Dick) on the park. Taking Bobby off is just wild, could understand it at the Dundee game but not last nights game. Bringing on the likes of Fosu and Isiaka for him too. (No offence Isiaka not seen enough of you yet but you’re not upto Bobby standard in front of goal) 

The problem isn't even just that only Bobby can score, it's that he's the only person even willing to have a shot. Keepers at this level are generally not that great yet we always give them the easiest 90 minutes of their season because we simply do not shoot.

1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

The problem isn't even just that only Bobby can score, it's that he's the only person even willing to have a shot. Keepers at this level are generally not that great yet we always give them the easiest 90 minutes of their season because we simply do not shoot.

Exactly and it’s why he needs to be on the pitch for every minute he’s able to be. He strikes fear into opposition defences, creates, shoots, scores and never gives less than 100%.

I kind of understand why he’s subbed in games - to manage his gametime, and keep him fit and injury free but that only makes sense if we’re winning.