The Arbroath Thread

10 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Im Not No Way GIF

Over the last 3 seasons they’ve funnily enough played the exact same amount of league games (including play offs) and their records are 

Robbie Muirhead - 8 goals in 56 games - a goal every 7 games

Dale Hilson - 4 goals in 56 games - a goal every 14 games

So yeah this is where we are at and why some of us have been saying what we’ve been saying. Hilson does contribute to the team but he has very much struggled with putting the ball in the net, he actually seems scared of shooting never mind scoring. But I am praying this changes he works so hard and deserves it 

17 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Over the last 3 seasons they’ve funnily enough played the exact same amount of league games (including play offs) and their records are 

So yeah this is where we are at and why some of us have been saying what we’ve been saying. Hilson does contribute to the team but he has very much struggled with putting the ball in the net, he actually seems scared of shooting never mind scoring. But I am praying this changes he works so hard and deserves it 

I had a look at their respective stats last night and Muirhead is positively prolific compared to Hilson. 

2 in 2 for him this season is very much out of character - long may it continue.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I can't believe I'm in the position of defending Hilson here, but in 3 seasons, he's not really been the main man for 2 of them, and he's spent a lot of time on the wing, coming on late on, or just getting one game here and there, rather than a settled run.

I always thought that what he needed was a fresh start at a new club to give him his confidence back,  but perhaps (clinging to hope!) as others have said, him becoming our lead recognised striker will revitalise him?

Also, I'd take Isiaka over someone like Muirhead.  At least with him we don't know how good he is.  There's a chance he might be good!

33 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I can't believe I'm in the position of defending Hilson here, but in 3 seasons, he's not really been the main man for 2 of them, and he's spent a lot of time on the wing, coming on late on, or just getting one game here and there, rather than a settled run.

I always thought that what he needed was a fresh start at a new club to give him his confidence back,  but perhaps (clinging to hope!) as others have said, him becoming our lead recognised striker will revitalise him?

Also, I'd take Isiaka over someone like Muirhead.  At least with him we don't know how good he is.  There's a chance he might be good!

The first part applicable to Muirhead too but Hilson has had an unbelievable amount of game time let’s be honest and he’s missed some extremely memorable sitters too 

Agree with the rest though I can see what you mean in regards to Isiaka, you actually watch his highlight reel from Charlton 18s and some unreal finishes there and now Hilson looks like he’s going to be main man up top and given a run I also hope he can start to do what he seemed to do (not actually looked at his record) at Forfar 

End of day if team gets results nobody is arsed about any of this so fingers crossed we start to do that 

Must apologise to virginton. I didn't realise we had to ask his permission to be upset at having no senior strikers, won't make this mistake again.

That’s not true though. You can say you don’t have any strikers of a high enough standard but you have bodies in there.

Starting to worry, tbh.

I thought this would be a hard year, but we need to be doing a lot better than that. Lots of the singings, especially the English loans (most of them) are really paniced and don't seem to be working out.

Still time, and the league is a midden so we can beat anyone on our day - and still love DC, but definitely needs some blame for decision making of late.

11 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Must apologise to virginton. I didn't realise we had to ask his permission to be upset at having no senior strikers, won't make this mistake again.

Erm you quite clearly do have senior strikers. It's really not my fault that you didn't get Jack Hamilton back for the 17th time and are a bit shite now. You still need to give your heads a wobble though and remember that football is mostly cyclical.

Count yourselves lucky that there is at least one team so incompetent in this division that they actually let Hilson score against them.

Edited by vikingTON

Starting to worry, tbh.
I thought this would be a hard year, but we need to be doing a lot better than that. Lots of the singings, especially the English loans (most of them) are really paniced and don't seem to be working out.
Still time, and the league is a midden so we can beat anyone on our day - and still love DC, but definitely needs some blame for decision making of late.
We only have 1 player on loan from England.

I’ve said this before but all we needed to do this season was consolidate and aim for a safe mid-table position. No one would be disappointed with that and we’d still be massively punching above our weight. Should have used close season to bring in a couple of solid midfielders and a half decent striker to replace the players who were leaving and we would have been fine.

On 30/09/2022 at 16:49, Tattie36 said:

All of it or just the LD bit? I was being a bit tongue in cheek re LD as I think it was obvious I was never a big fan. My point was simply that we need more options up front and he was an option, not a good one, but an option none the less.

Dont think your a fan of anyone to be fair, you constantly bitch like a lil girl about your own players.

1 hour ago, Lichteeeeee said:

Dont think your a fan of anyone to be fair, you constantly bitch like a lil girl about your own players.

Total weirdo, sexist, oddball !!

Apart from that...

Edited by DUAFC