The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, stan3600 said:

Is today the last day to get in our loan striker? Gayfield must be a hive of activity.

I can’t see anything happening but would be good to have proved wrong, even a ‘punt’ of a loan striker until January surely worth pursuing over absolutely zero

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I can’t see anything happening but would be good to have proved wrong, even a ‘punt’ of a loan striker until January surely worth pursuing over absolutely zero

It is inconceivable to me, that we cannot go to January with the strikers we have, if we do and we are bottom, then blame lies squarely at the door of the manager

1 minute ago, ecto said:

It is inconceivable to me, that we cannot go to January with the strikers we have, if we do and we are bottom, then blame lies squarely at the door of the manager

2 minutes ago, ecto said:

Surely Paterson needs a loan too for the guys development 

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Who would you have signed?  And you're not allowed to use the words Kane or Hester.

Absolutely not Hester, never thought he was anyway near championship quality, he is League one at best, would have hard at Hearts for Euan Henderson, tbh

2 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Who would you have signed?  And you're not allowed to use the words Kane or Hester.  

See the thing is….. he’s not the fkn manager!!! It’s not what he’s paid to do. Surely, surely, surely you’d agree that if we were planning on getting a loan striker in (which we were) then we’d be better off taking a gamble on a loan striker for 6 months to see how he gets on we’ve got absolutely nothing to lose by trying that

Dunno if anything will happen now however there’s only 4 hours left 

4 hours to go before the loan window closes -a few  managers of clubs and potential loan players will have some decisions to make before midnight, but I suspect there won't be much activity happening across Scotland.

So, will Arbroath get a striker on loan - I guess it all depends on which players managers want to put out on loan for experience.

If there is a loop hole in Jack Hamilton's loan agreement I am sure DC would be delighted to know about it.

We will all know within 4 hours.

Just so long as the management team don't get too blinded by desperation and sign Goodwillie now he's been released by Raith.

Otherwise I'd be happy with pretty much any striker or attack minded player, nothing to lose.

Edited by Tattie36

28 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Just so long as the management team don't get too blinded by desperation and sign Goodwillie now he's been released by Raith.

Otherwise I'd be happy with pretty much any striker or attack minded player, nothing to lose.

He can’t sign/play for anyone until January anyway. 

49 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

No way, he is toxic as f**k

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

See the thing is….. he’s not the fkn manager!!! It’s not what he’s paid to do. Surely, surely, surely you’d agree that if we were planning on getting a loan striker in (which we were) then we’d be better off taking a gamble on a loan striker for 6 months to see how he gets on we’ve got absolutely nothing to lose by trying that

Have we not made moves for multiple loan strikers already?   With 5 subs now the norm, teams keep bigger squads.  Any half decent striker is going to be gold dust in the Scottish leagues right now!

I'd love to see a striker brought in, but I don't see any available ones right now.  Was it not you doing your nut a few weeks back about dick taking "total punts" rather than going for tried and tested (apologies if it wasnt!)?

13 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Have we not made moves for multiple loan strikers already?   With 5 subs now the norm, teams keep bigger squads.  Any half decent striker is going to be gold dust in the Scottish leagues right now!

I'd love to see a striker brought in, but I don't see any available ones right now.  Was it not you doing your nut a few weeks back about dick taking "total punts" rather than going for tried and tested (apologies if it wasnt!)?

Yes but it was also me who said that I’d much rather go for loans from Premiership teams such as the guy Offord Alloa signed from St Mirren because the worst loan we’ve had from a Premiership team in recent years was probably Josh Campbell, Pigniatello or Ben Stirling who were all actually reasonably good and like I said at that time the league is full of guys like them. 

You can’t take anything you say seriously because you don’t actually have any opinions, you just agree with whatever happens and what the Status Quo seems to look like and defend it as vigorously as possible 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Loan strikers still cost money in wages so you absolutely do have something to lose by committing yourselves to a haddy.

That Campbell can't seem to find a centre forward given recent successes makes me comfortable (though disappointed) with Morton's identical predicament in finding a no. 9. It's quite clear that there are next to no credible options available in the market - signing a total donkey just for the sake of it is a really stupid response to that. 

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Loan strikers still cost money in wages so you absolutely do have something to lose by committing yourselves to a haddy.

That Campbell can't seem to find a centre forward given recent successes makes me comfortable (though disappointed) with Morton's identical predicament in finding a no. 9. It's quite clear that there are next to no credible options available in the market - signing a total donkey just for the sake of it is a really stupid response to that. 

But we were already going to be signing a loan striker…..? It would just be a much cheaper option.

And when you look at the lack of options we have there (and you have there too by the sound of it) then taking a punt on a loan is definitely something I think we should be doing. We have nothing to lose, if Hilson hadn’t looked really good these last couple weeks we would be doomed