The Arbroath Thread

Looks like a good signing. Will add a fair bit of presence and physicailty to the midfield, something we've been missing of late. The midfield and defence are shaping up very nicely now.

I suppose if we're resigned, for the moment, to not scoring many goals then making it hard to beat is even more important.

Edited by Tattie36

9 minutes ago, ahfpjim said:

If he gets a game from the start who drops out ?

Jacobs I imagine 

People commenting on DC being raging after EF goal and presuming it was cause of Linns short corner… I would guess it was probably at Jacobs who completely missed the ball on edge of the box. He’s done it a few times over the season.

I like Jacobs I think he’s decent but I think Morton is his only full 90 minute performance, think in other games he’s good for most of it but will make one or two mistakes or have a period of the game where he’s just not at it. Very similar to Harrison Clark last year for me. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Jacobs I imagine 

People commenting on DC being raging after EF goal and presuming it was cause of Linns short corner… I would guess it was probably at Jacobs who completely missed the ball on edge of the box. He’s done it a few times over the season.

Aye jacobs misjudged the bounce of the ball by about 3ft and completely missed his header leading to EF breaking and scoring

To be fair, Bitsindou is an internationalist too, he got his cap last summer. He's huge, looks good on the ball and had a good passing range when we stuck him at CB. At this level his physicality should stand out, he's arguably more physical than Nouble but not as good on the ball. He should be an absolute monster in the middle of the park for winning the ball though

20 hours ago, Hayshead2 said:

What a load of nonsense.

I am not saying Hester is the answer but are you trying to tell me that Corfe is a bigger threat than Hester?

If you are then you know zilch about fitba.

In hindsight DC should have went full throttle to get Simon Murray the best striker display i have witnessed this season and absolute "bossed" Little and TOB.

20 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Kane Hester.  Again.  Honestly, that name haunts our fanbase.

I am not saying Hester is the answer but are you trying to tell me that Corfe is a bigger threat than Hester?

In hindsight DC should have went full throttle to get Simon Murray the best striker display i have witnessed this season and absolute "bossed" Little and TOB.

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

To be fair, Bitsindou is an internationalist too, he got his cap last summer. He's huge, looks good on the ball and had a good passing range when we stuck him at CB. At this level his physicality should stand out, he's arguably more physical than Nouble but not as good on the ball. He should be an absolute monster in the middle of the park for winning the ball though

Without being too optimistic a midfield 3 of Bitsindou, Allan and Tait sounds fuckin magic tbh. 

1 hour ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

QP will be paying him a very good wage and he’s just had a kid not long ago I imagine he will be enjoying the extra time off he’s getting as a FT player. Definitely someone to keep an eye out for in the next 3/4 years though if he decides to get back into plumbing and go back into the PT scene

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

QP will be paying him a very good wage and he’s just had a kid not long ago I imagine he will be enjoying the extra time off he’s getting as a FT player. Definitely someone to keep an eye out for in the next 3/4 years though if he decides to get back into plumbing and go back into the PT scene

I was actually meaning to sign Simon for us on a type of full-time/hybrid contract and mix his football with setting up his Plumbing business, similar to Scott Allan.

11 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Probably yes, you do know we are in the championship now? Hester is a half decent league 2 forward. SImon Murray will be on a cracking deal with QP, not sure if they are full time or not?  QP would see us as a direct rival (like we did with Low/Morton) so that would be an impossible deal to do

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

Probably yes, you do know we are in the championship now? Hester is a half decent league 2 forward. SImon Murray will be on a cracking deal with QP, not sure if they are full time or not?  QP would see us as a direct rival (like we did with Low/Morton) so that would be an impossible deal to do

Yes QP are full-time. It doesn’t matter how much we want or try to sign Simon Murray, the simple fact is he’s a full-time player, under contract to a rival club in the same division. For those reasons we might as well try for Lionel Messi as there’s about the same chance of success.

Perhaps in the future if he decides he wants to go back part-time, but that would likely coincide with a drop in his standard. The reality is that guys like him and Dowds will stay full-time for as long as they can, it is their career after all.

Re Hester. I watched him for Elgin last season and he’s undoubtedly a good striker… at that level. He’s bulked up considerably since he was with us and puts himself about more, however I think League 2 or even maybe League 1 is his level.

17 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

More Nonsense.

Was referring more  to your bullshit about McAllister, JT/Craigen/Luke.

Zilch about football ????

Hester ????

Stay off the mushrooms.