The Arbroath Thread

20 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Would you like to see any of "Nouble's mates" given a start against East Fife, or would you prefer we played only the white guys?  Or was that tongue in cheek too?

Why are you bringing race into this? What a bizarre thing to do 

5 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Is all well in the dressing room again after Saturday or still a rift?

There is still a rift, i know you dont feel there is one, but we all know i was right old boi 

Think our performances also back that up

You may call it a slow start to the season, lets just say, Nicky Low having a change in circumstances and needed to play closer to home, then going to Kelty also validates my point.

And.....

Were still bottom of the table, next you will be telling me all is well, and our best midfielder didnt want to leave, he didnt go to Kelty, which is arguably as far for him as Arbroath.

Yeah we signed well, we got a new striker didnt we?

Oh and JT, LD, NL, JC all signed players didnt leave, these guys didnt sign deals 2 months prior for the coming season.

Sure game time is a must for all these guys, but its a bit bizzare they all left in a short period of time.

Your going to claim thats just football, they were crap, past it, not up to scratch.

But maybe, just maybe there is a little internal problem, and you cant see it, admit it, or care to say i was right :D

7 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Oh and FWIW I don’t think your initial comment was tongue in cheek. You have shown many times that you don’t tolerate criticism of Hilson, constructive or otherwise and that you rate him much higher than his performances deserve and think he gets a raw deal. Personally, I think (my opinion) that he’s had an easier ride than many others have on the past and that is in part down to the recent success and also because the vast majority of us are desperate for him to come good.

Im well aware Hilson in terms of goals is not that of a prolific striker, what i cannot get my head around is why no matter what Hilson, and others over the years have taken stick for little to no reason.

Hilson started 5 games last season, scored 1 goal against east fife in the cup at the start of the season.

Was left on the bench for long periods ( maybe rightly so ) as we had better options.

But when someone has started very few games, match fitness goes, someone gets injured and hes supposed to be ready to pop in and perform at the top of his game. cant fathom out how we can slaughter our own players, when you dig into the specifics has not had much of a chance. 

And as ive said before, one man up top, Hilson, or whoever gets that task, being battered by 4 defenders is a thankless task. What is it we are expecting here other than what we get with each and every striker a low goal return, other than Jack Hamilton. 

The problem isnt just the players, its how we are set up and to see the same people get the blame week after week is beyond a joke. I can actually swear i saw you give Hilson a hard time and the guy was an unused sub.

I aint going to waste my time reading all your threads, but im sure anyone who has saw you on here, will know thats how you come across.

And yes ill come in and stir it up, stick up for our players, have fun with it. Whilst you bite at every last single opportunity :D

4 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Would you like to see any of "Nouble's mates" given a start against East Fife, or would you prefer we played only the white guys?  Or was that tongue in cheek too?

Awww did i hurt your feelings saying " Noubles mates " and here you are now trying to turn it into something else. The colour of the trialists isnt relevant

Im certain on a previous thread, someone confirmed it was in the press that Dick was tapping into Noubles friends from the lower leagues down south, this is public knowledge. 

What colour his mates are is irrelevant at all, cant see anywhere that its been suggested that only white guys should play other than when you have mentioned it. 

But nice to know thats how you think though

9 hours ago, Lichteeeeee said:

Awww did i hurt your feelings saying " Noubles mates " and here you are now trying to turn it into something else. The colour of the trialists isnt relevant

Im certain on a previous thread, someone confirmed it was in the press that Dick was tapping into Noubles friends from the lower leagues down south, this is public knowledge. 

What colour his mates are is irrelevant at all, cant see anywhere that its been suggested that only white guys should play other than when you have mentioned it. 

But nice to know thats how you think though

100 percent 

On the dressing room stuff I’ve heard more about it and it all makes perfect sense to me and seems pretty normal for a football club I have absolutely no issue with it. Definitely not a fault of DCs anyway, players issue and on Saturday it was great to see the celebrations at the goals and then after the game 

100 percent 

On the dressing room stuff I’ve heard more about it and it all makes perfect sense to me and seems pretty normal for a football club I have absolutely no issue with it. Definitely not a fault of DCs anyway, players issue and on Saturday it was great to see the celebrations at the goals and then after the game 

Agree. Not unusual in any football club.
Morton 1 Arbroath 2.
Move on.

28 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

Agree. Not unusual in any football club.
Morton 1 Arbroath 2.
Move on.

Will happen every single year at other clubs but we have been extremely fortunate in the fact our squads been so settled but that had to come to an end at some point, the start of this season coming off the back of last seasons achievements and the results we were getting clearly showed we need freshened up and that some of our players also needed a new challenge and that’s football

We are a totally different team now and are finding our feet 

Certainly didn't look like there was a rift or lack of togetherness on Saturday but if some want to keep believing that (which is very bizarre) then let them bash on.

Hopefully we can build on it over the next few games. I think if you had said at the beginning of August that we would lose Thomson, Low and Craigen and replace them with Allan, Tait and Oakley, most would've been happy with that. As most have said, we still need to add a forward that is going to get double figures in goals.

7 hours ago, stan3600 said:

Now that Liam Fox is permanent at Dundee United and knows the squad maybe they’ll loan us a striker.

LOL you are joking or taken the pee?

DUFC are the only club in the whole of Scotland still to win a league game so i would not imagine they have a spare striker who would score loads of goals in the Championship, i have to admit i was surprised they let Nicky Clark go to St Johntone as he is the type of experienced striker we could do with.

On another subject i watched Mikey McKenna's interview after the Morton game and i agree with him that i thought the Club/Supporters/Town would have had some type of celebration at the end of the season to celebrate the magnificent season finishing 2nd in the Championship, yes we never won anything but it was a magnificent effort by the team and the club and there should have been some type of thanks to the players as i will be amazed if we ever get this close to the SPL again (although i do hope i am proved wrong).

You could see the disappointment in McKenna's face about this and probably other players felt the same, and being a Red Lichtie supporter i was disappointment there was nothing put on as well.

Anyway that is in the past so onwards and upwards.

1 hour ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

On another subject i watched Mikey McKenna's interview after the Morton game and i agree with him that i thought the Club/Supporters/Town would have had some type of celebration at the end of the season to celebrate the magnificent season finishing 2nd in the Championship, yes we never won anything but it was a magnificent effort by the team and the club and there should have been some type of thanks to the players as i will be amazed if we ever get this close to the SPL again (although i do hope i am proved wrong).

You could see the disappointment in McKenna's face about this and probably other players felt the same, and being a Red Lichtie supporter i was disappointment there was nothing put on as well.

Anyway that is in the past so onwards and upwards.

A shame the season ended the way it did, meaning the players never got their usual end of season night out, but anything more than that would've been OTT for a season where we ultimately won f**k all.