The Arbroath Thread

Bit of a disaster for him then. Unless the New boss at Hartlepool fancies him then he’s not getting any game time until the new year. I suppose Hartlepool have a reserve team though.

Aye that’s why I’d imagine he’ll be at Hartlepool regardless. At least until January. I’d be surprised if he went back to Livi just to play in the reserves.

What a difference a win on a Saturday makes to your mood. Now let’s get Tam and Scotty Allan back in, along with a striker and kick on

I won’t make this Saturday but fancy us to put a good performance in and win comfortably and then off to Cove after. I think we are favourites going into that and I think we will win that game, I think that would be huge too. 

Let’s get this season started 

32 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

What a difference a win on a Saturday makes to your mood. Now let’s get Tam and Scotty Allan back in, along with a striker and kick on

I won’t make this Saturday but fancy us to put a good performance in and win comfortably and then off to Cove after. I think we are favourites going into that and I think we will win that game, I think that would be huge too. 

Let’s get this season started 

For the Cove game 

Tam back , Allan back, Ricky most likely back. Who starts and who drops out from last Saturdays game ? Few headaches for Dick 

43 minutes ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Also heard judas Low was in the Morton end crying at full time 🤣🤣🤣

Personally I think it’s funnier that he got 16 minutes off the bench for Kelty in their latest defeat away to 10 man, bottom of the table Peterhead. Followed by his (very) long drive home.

Edited by Tattie36

19 minutes ago, Monkfish85 said:

For the Cove game 

Tam back , Allan back, Ricky most likely back. Who starts and who drops out from last Saturdays game ? Few headaches for Dick 

Tam has to play doesn’t he. I think there’ll be a few changes for East Fife so rightly or wrongly the team for Cove will probably be picked off the back of that 

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Tam has to play doesn’t he. I think there’ll be a few changes for East Fife so rightly or wrongly the team for Cove will probably be picked off the back of that 

I think there will be several changes for East Fife but Cove game should be picked based on main players back and how current players performed against Morton 

3 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

There could be two new signings in before the Cove game and we will hopefully have a full squad for that match.

Also hoping there is a whizz kid out there who can identify a loop hole in the loan system to allow Jack Hamilton a move back to Gayfield .............

Perhaps change his name by deed poll

Surely Paterson will get put out on loan I kind of feel like he’s too good to be sitting on our bench (not too good for us I just mean as a young lad with a bit of potential) he would be a good L2 player and would probably do well in L1 too if he was given games. Hopefully 1 or 2 in before Cove.

Tait has hit the ground running he is such a busy player and a very good tidy player too I love him. Scott Allan’s qualities are well known. Hancock is a good left back, not as good defensively as Hammy but probably better going forward. Oakley was superb but it was only one game, however I said this previously anyone that’s played (and scored) for a team like Birmingham at such a young age clearly has something about him and a lot of potential. It was so refreshing seeing both our full backs up and down with a lot of energy

Jacobs for me is someone that’s been good for 60 minutes of a game but will have half an hour or a period of the game where he makes one or two poor mistakes but Saturday was his first full performance I think week on week he’s looked fitter and better. Hopefully this continues 

Been a lot of doom and gloom about the signings and I’ve been guilty of it too, had a right good moan on here but I think the above, especially Oakley, Hancock, Tait and Allan are all probably good good signings.

Jacobs I’m still unsure of. Fosu is someone who again come on Saturday and didn’t really do anything good or bad he just kind of fits in.

Corfe and Isiaka still major question marks however one thing Isiaka has clearly got to play at this level is the physicality he is a big laddie and he looks quite quick too. Shanks been spoken about a lot and again I think he’s just one to watch and one that’s got potential. 

I don’t think we are too far away

11 hours ago, DUAFC said:

Where exactly are you hearing this from ?

Both DC and Pink have said very recently that they are still hopeful of bringing in 1-2 more players - but it won't be easy as a few other clubs in the Championship are still trying to source strikers as well.

Would imagine any potential signing(s) would be training with Arbroath before making any decisions.

Just to clarify, I have no inside information - only going on what I have read - but I know it won't be easy finding a proven out right striker.

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Been a lot of doom and gloom about the signings and I’ve been guilty of it too, had a right good moan on here but I think the above, especially Oakley, Hancock, Tait and Allan are all probably good good signings.

Jacobs I’m still unsure of. Fosu is someone who again come on Saturday and didn’t really do anything good or bad he just kind of fits in.

I don’t think we are too far away

What a difference one single win makes! 😂