The Arbroath Thread

Premiership clubs such as the old firm, Hearts and Hibs tend to loan out around 7-10 players per season ( I suspect the smaller clubs will loan out less).

The maximum loan players allowed per club this season is 6 ( it will be less next season).

We have at least 3 players on loan at the moment, which leaves potential to bring in another 2-3 loan players.

Between now and the next 3 weeks we could be in for a few surprises.

Premiership clubs such as the old firm, Hearts and Hibs tend to loan out around 7-10 players per season ( I suspect the smaller clubs will loan out less).
The maximum loan players allowed per club this season is 6 ( it will be less next season).
We have at least 3 players on loan at the moment, which leaves potential to bring in another 2-3 loan players.
Between now and the next 3 weeks we could be in for a few surprises.

“At least 3” = 3. Yes?

Was speaking to Mark Whatley yesterday outside my work and he said he would love a return to the Red Lichties 🤩⚽🇱🇻 So pick up the phone DC and get in touch lol. He said at Gayfield those times were the best and highlights of his career to date. Whilst he said that he also acknowledged the fans probably would prefer a striker or 2 instead lol and said we would come good again saying the fans deserve all the success after all the years of hurt, still keeps in touch with the guys and always looking out for the scores, Such a great guy.

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

Was speaking to Mark Whatley yesterday outside my work and he said he would love a return to the Red Lichties 🤩[emoji460]️[emoji1145] So pick up the phone DC and get in touch lol. He said at Gayfield those times were the best and highlights of his career to date. Whilst he said that he also acknowledged the fans probably would prefer a striker or 2 instead lol and said we would come good again saying the fans deserve all the success after all the years of hurt, still keeps in touch with the guys and always looking out for the scores, Such a great guy.

Lovely guy, brilliant captain and a terrific player for the Lichties. A pivotal part of our recent successful years. Sadly I fear he would be off the pace for the Championship now. It’s great to hear that he parted on good terms.

I know it’s been said a million times but

Just the 17 weeks (124 days total) since last season ended and current striking options are

Dale Hilson (described as a winger when he re signed by the way) 

Kieran Shanks (20 year old who hadn’t played above the 5th tier before this season)

Kareem Isiaka (not played in a year. Last seen Icelandic 2nd division) 

Still don’t think it’s sinking in for me how bad that actually is

Edited by 1320Lichtie

15 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I know it’s been said a million times but

Just the 17 weeks (124 days total) since last season ended and current striking options are

Dale Hilson (described as a winger when he re signed by the way) 

Kieran Shanks (20 year old who hadn’t played above the 5th tier before this season)

Kareem Isiaka (not played in a year. Last seen Icelandic 2nd division) 

Still don’t think it’s sinking in for me how bad that actually is

It really is getting beyond a joke. The only thing I can think of is that we’ve narrowly missed out on a few or are on the trail and very close to getting a couple in.

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I wish we’d kept LD as even that would be marginally better than what we have.

I think that what we did last season should have made us a very attractive proposition for signings/loans and that players would practically have been queuing up to play for us… I fear we’re not such a draw now though.

Edited by Tattie36

If I recall correctly, did Sir Bobby Linn not play up front as a centre forward for a couple of matches several years ago due to the squad being depleted? Don’t think it proved to be much of a success - but I would be tempted to give Linn a free role up front on Saturday- very few options, so perhaps worth a throw of the dice ?

Apologies if I am talking nonsense- just looking at all options until the suspended and injured players return and we sign a couple of strikers.

13 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

It really is getting beyond a joke. The only thing I can think of is that we’ve narrowly missed out on a few or are on the trail and very close to getting a couple in.

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I wish we’d kept LD as even that would be marginally better than what we have.

I think that what we did last season should have made us a very attractive proposition for signings/loans and that players would practically have been queuing up to play for us… I fear we’re not such a draw now though.

Think we are an attractive option we’ve just not put our time into the right people in forward areas. Said to my mate last night. This Arbroath squad has

Gaston

ToB

Little

Hamilton

Tait

Allan

Stewart 

Linn

McKenna 

In it. Could even include Gold in there, but the above are all very good players. ToB and Scotty Allan probably up there in terms of best players I’ve ever seen play for us, Bobby too even in his advancing years

But we’ve not got a proper striker, it’s really a proper contrast of emotions. On one hand it’s so good to see so many good players at the club and on the other hand it’s so very frustrating because as a team we’re not going to get anywhere until we fix that problem 

16 days 

16 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Think we are an attractive option we’ve just not put our time into the right people in forward areas. Said to my mate last night. This Arbroath squad has

Gaston

ToB

Little

Hamilton

Tait

Allan

Stewart 

Linn

McKenna 

In it. Could even include Gold in there, but the above are all very good players. ToB and Scotty Allan probably up there in terms of best players I’ve ever seen play for us, Bobby too even in his advancing years

But we’ve not got a proper striker, it’s really a proper contrast of emotions. On one hand it’s so good to see so many good players at the club and on the other hand it’s so very frustrating because as a team we’re not going to get anywhere until we fix that problem 

16 days 

Scott Allan? One Best player you have ever seen play for you lot? Played 3 games has he not?