The Arbroath Thread

The club's statement tells it's own story - there is no mention of wishing Nicky all the best or thanking him for his time at Gayfield.
It would appear something has went wrong - I have absolutely no inside knowledge and can only speculate, but thats a short blunt statement from the club.
However, I would like to thank Nicky for his time with Arbroath, even up to his last game he always gave 100% and was a real gem of a player - he is easily one of the best players in the Championship and was a key element in Arbroath's success last season - he was great at rallying and motivating the players.
He will be badly missed, football talent like Nicky Low does not come along too often - he made an immediate impact on the team and it's sad to see him go.
I wish him all the best, I hope he stays free of injury and would like to thank him for his time with Arbroath.
Good luck Nicky.

Am I missing something? We haul him out of the Lowland League, he commits to play for us, he does well, he works his ticket and gets out of the deal. Forgive me if I don’t get all misty eyed.

Just a little more speculation on the Nicky Low saga. 

Could it be an ego thing? Might he have taken the huff because he wasn't going to be the number one midfielder after Scott Allen signed and spit the dummy out, and like a spoiled child demanded a move?

Or maybe the travelling to Perth to train really is 20 minutes too far.

Whatever the reason for him wanting to leave there was no reason to put out lies about it.

Edited by SotesBornalichtie

1 hour ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

Just a little more speculation on the Nicky Low saga. 

Could it be an ego thing? Might he have taken the huff because he wasn't going to be the number one midfielder after Scott Allen signed and spit the dummy out, and like a spoiled child demanded a move?

Or maybe the travelling to Perth to train really is 20 minutes too far.

Whatever the reason for him wanting to leave there was no reason to put out lies about it.

They will just be putting out what they got told by him. It now makes him look silly. I am all for it 

The standard cover up story at Stirlng was always "work commitments."  This could mean anything ranging from a player called the manager a clown, to a player had gone AWOL from training, or challenged the manager to a square go.  Sometimes it's better just to swallow the excuse and move on.

On 09/09/2022 at 15:07, JoseMarooniho said:

Am I missing something? We haul him out of the Lowland League, he commits to play for us, he does well, he works his ticket and gets out of the deal. Forgive me if I don’t get all misty eyed.

I kinda think someone, would have taken a punt on him at the time, but not a championship team, like us, so with that in mind, does well, appears to quite happily sign two year deal, then agitates for a move, bad show from him, I, also will not get misty eyed over this

Edited by ecto

Hopefully we will have news this week on an incoming striker on loan - DC will have been looking at loan players available, looking at the options and networking with premier league clubs to discuss potential loan players - I would expect an announcement on this soon.

I also think there will be two loan signings - but what is the maximum loan signings allowed.

Can we park the bus with Nicky Low and move on. It will all come out in the wash in due course.

53 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Hopefully we will have news this week on an incoming striker on loan - DC will have been looking at loan players available, looking at the options and networking with premier league clubs to discuss potential loan players - I would expect an announcement on this soon...

Not holding my breath. Obviously I hope something happens soon but we’ve been saying this for 5 or 6 weeks now.