The Arbroath Thread

The club's statement tells it's own story - there is no mention of wishing Nicky all the best or thanking him for his time at Gayfield.

It would appear something has went wrong - I have absolutely no inside knowledge and can only speculate, but thats a short blunt statement from the club.

However, I would like to thank Nicky for his time with Arbroath, even up to his last game he always gave 100% and was a real gem of a player - he is easily one of the best players in the Championship and was a key element in Arbroath's success last season - he was great at rallying and motivating the players.

He will be badly missed, football talent like Nicky Low does not come along too often - he made an immediate impact on the team and it's sad to see him go.

I wish him all the best, I hope he stays free of injury and would like to thank him for his time with Arbroath.

Good luck Nicky.

The whole thing seems so sneaky from him I think… from the tweets about travelling at the end of last season laying the groundwork for it all. Clearly a load of shite.

Morton fans singing his name on the last day of last season. Then the Morton fans on here telling us he was going to them before season even started, the article in the Greenock paper saying he would love to play for them one day, his pals on here telling us what he’s been saying and the ‘agreement’ that he supposedly had in his contract…. Even on the YouTube video Morton put up last day of transfer window Dougie Imrie seemed like he was hinting at it. Talking about a player at another club they were trying to get. 

Obviously pushed for this and we’ve simply said no. Now he’s got the same amount or more travelling for another year. Well done Nicky

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I bet he’s devastated. 

I am sure the players at Ayr also do not give two fucks about your thoughts on them or their performance but it won’t stop you from posting about it

eta - just a weird thing to say, this board would be obsolete if fans never commented or gave their opinions on football clubs and football players 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Oh well at least we know now the real reason for the exodus from players seemingly happy to sign extension to contracts a few months ago Its nothing to with personal circumstances/dressing room bust ups/travelling/playing time its the normal root of all evil MONEY remind me again someone how much are they paying Allan?

6 minutes ago, liferlichtie said:

Oh well at least we know now the real reason for the exodus from players seemingly happy to sign extension to contracts a few months ago Its nothing to with personal circumstances/dressing room bust ups/travelling/playing time its the normal root of all evil MONEY remind me again someone how much are they paying Allan?

They’ll be paying him exactly the same amount we are paying him he’s on loan

16 minutes ago, liferlichtie said:

Did you actually read the post before your usual ill say the opposite of everyone because thats what i do

Awwww my apologies!!! 

But after reading it I now just do not understand it. What has this got to do with Scott Allan?

Edited by 1320Lichtie