The Arbroath Thread

Nicky has been agitating for a move pure and simple especially having been subbed off at Dundee with 20 mins to go.

maybe not getting on with DC who knows.

His mates are on twitter trying to call the club out so that doesn’t stack with “personal circumstances”.

Club do right to stand their ground.

IF it is personal then he should have no issue dropping down the divisions and playing local….

Ricky Little travels further 

Not sure how this is relevant tbh. Different players have different situations. Not entirely sure Arbroath will block him moving to a Championship team. He’ll end up going to whatever team best suits his situation. A move to Morton or maybe Queens Park would make more sense.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Not sure how this is relevant tbh. Different players have different situations. Not entirely sure Arbroath will block him moving to a Championship team. He’ll end up going to whatever team best suits his situation. A move to Morton or maybe Queens Park would make more sense.

He’s still under contract so the club are well within their rights to refuse to loan him to a competitor. Plenty closer teams in League 1 & 2. Or he could go back to Shire.

2 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

He’s still under contract so the club are well within their rights to refuse to loan him to a competitor. Plenty closer teams in League 1 & 2. Or he could go back to Shire.

Stranraer's just down the road from Greenock 

14 minutes ago, Blawin a Hoolie said:

Nicky has been agitating for a move pure and simple especially having been subbed off at Dundee with 20 mins to go.

maybe not getting on with DC who knows.

His mates are on twitter trying to call the club out so that doesn’t stack with “personal circumstances”.

Club do right to stand their ground.

IF it is personal then he should have no issue dropping down the divisions and playing local….

Life's a bitch.....but you've signed a contract.....doh !!

Realistically they won’t refuse him though. There’s no indication that there’s bad blood between all parties and it seems pretty amicable. There’s also very little chance that Nicky Low is going to be the difference between Arbroath going down and staying up especially when you’ve already got a better player in Dylan Tait.

Tbh, it’s actually unlikely the guy will go to a FT team unless they allow him to train PT. His body will disintegrate in FT training.

9 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Heard this but I can’t see him going anywhere this year. I imagine that’ll be in regards to signing a contract extension for next season?

He’s got a young family now I can understand it, guys doing a power of travelling every week coming up from Ardrossan 

Can assure you all this is rubbish , he is happy at Arbroath .

10 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Greenock to Kelty 70 miles. Greenock to Perth 85 miles. emoji848.png

If he is off to Kelty then his claim of it being because of time and distance to training will be proven to be bullshit. I would wager it’s quicker and easier to get to Perth from Greenock than to deepest darkest Fife.

ETA I take that back - according to the internet it’s a whole 6 minutes quicker to Kelty. 

Edited by Tattie36

The irony in this is that, IMO, we could be absolutely fine without Low.

Imrie has been proven right on most things since he’s come in, so if he is interested in Low, then I trust that and will happily shut up.

But I, and I think almost all other Morton fans, would say what we desperately need is at least one bonafide centre forward in that squad, if not another for good measure.

That surely has to be the priority over adding to what is already a decent midfield with Gillespie and Crawford in particular. And especially if we have limited budget to take on new salaries.

5 minutes ago, Morton Supporter said:

The irony in this is that, IMO, we could be absolutely fine without Low.

Imrie has been proven right on most things since he’s come in, so if he is interested in Low, then I trust that and will happily shut up.

But I, and I think almost all other Morton fans, would say what we desperately need is at least one bonafide centre forward in that squad, if not another for good measure.

That surely has to be the priority over adding to what is already a decent midfield with Gillespie and Crawford in particular. And especially if we have limited budget to take on new salaries.

Why did you namecheck just 2 of our 3 man midfield...

49 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

These last few pages have been a cracking read!  Page after page of "in the know" slaver.

Sorry but I take exception to that - my posts were complete and utter opinionated drivel as per....

It would appear the ‘fairytale’ is turning into a bit of a nightmare for Arbroath.
Sad to see. 
Not really, we started this way 2 seasons ago before getting a frontman and kicking on a bit.

It will be a struggle but players going in and out is normal. We still have most of our core squad and have already recruited replacement midfielder. I would have rather still had Low but we went large spells last season without him and coped well with Mckenna playing midfield.

IMO (and everybody is allowed their views) one of the main things DC has done since he has come to the Red Lichties is "togetherness" and "harmony" within the squad of players and throughout the whole club and i honestly cannot understand dismantling a lot of "our" players (i.e. i am not including loan players in this).

Without doubt we required a strong no 9 experienced striker and that should have been the main target after the play-off game against ICT, yes were were very lucky getting Nouble (and also Dowds) but go for a known goal-scorer, i would have also taken a chance to bring in McAllister and/or Nathan Austin, both experienced plus know how to score goals and i am sure DC would have got the best out of them (even McAllister for 1 season) plus Austin has pace to burn. 

With all our loanees leaving and the usual sub keeper leaving i would have maybe only let Donnelly leave and kept the core of the squad.

In regards Low if he was/is refusing to play for AFC for whatever reason i would loan him out to a L1 or L2 club and no way would i let him leave for a rival club (Morton etc) or we would have been as well as taken the cash during to transfer window.

Also with Donnelly/Thomson/Craigen/(and could have been Low) between those 4 players nobody is going to tell me that AFC could not have got in £20-£25K into the coffers for funds for other players, that is the other i thing i felt bemusing as we could end up with zero cash return?

On the plus side Dylan Tait looks very good and Scott Allan (if he screws the nut) has to be a good player but the Gaffer has to play players in their proper positions and if Bobby is playing well then keep him on, you seen the reaction of the crowd on Saturday when he subbed Linn when it was obvious for everybody to see that he was our main goal threat.

I will always support my club through thick and thin and what DC has done for us he deserves a bit of slack but even he must admit some of his decisions lately have been bizarre to say the least.

Keep The Faith and i am sure Sir Dick will get us out this mess.

C'Mon the Red Lichties.