The Arbroath Thread

15 minutes ago, mo83 said:

"Amazing insight" wouldn't say that at all.Anything I've said has come from the smokie terracing on Saturday like Ricky Little no being happy,1320 has backed that up saying he has heard similar.

King Stewart Petrie is doing just fine has a contract till the summer of 2025.

The " old guys " dont like it much when something doesnt suit them

If only they showed do much passion for their own personal hygiene before commenting it would be a good start

17 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

Im a gobshit, ive not said anyones leaking me info at all. Remind me where ive said that.

Im sure the PR answer of parting on amicable terms is always going to be said publically.

Donnelly & Craigen signed new deals just months before, and have left.

Put Nickys situation down to a change in circumstances and kid yourself on if you like.

No player is going to say, this is a c**t of a travel for training and im offski as im not enjoying it, whether it be playing time, tactics, mixture of other things. 

For sure they will come out and say, all the best, shake hands and not burn any bridges.

Even a moron like you can see that 4 bodies leaving in the space of a week, with rumours via other members on here that others are not happy.

Next you will be claiming that Mason Hancock a left sided centre half playing in front of Bobby Linn in his first game, makes Bobby Linn a right happy player.

Especially after the way Bobby performed in pre season.

Our own fans are already on the backs of players who have yet to play a single minute of football for the club too, ( check several pages back )

And were bottom of the league, I think we can see who the gobshite is.

Think it’s pretty obvious Bobby will be raging at some of the stuff that has happened this season and the signing of Hancock (to play in his position) but it does not mean he wants to leave the club…

You’d get on a lot better without the exaggerated doomsday stuff and insulting everyone too

Its the first poor spell we’ve had for 18 months and you seem absolutely thrilled about it 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

16 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

The " old guys " dont like it much when something doesnt suit them

If only they showed do much passion for their own personal hygiene before commenting it would be a good start

^^^^^^

🤣       Anybody any idea...

3 hours ago, Lichteeeeee said:

Im a gobshit, ive not said anyones leaking me info at all. Remind me where ive said that.

Im sure the PR answer of parting on amicable terms is always going to be said publically.

Donnelly & Craigen signed new deals just months before, and have left.

Put Nickys situation down to a change in circumstances and kid yourself on if you like.

No player is going to say, this is a c**t of a travel for training and im offski as im not enjoying it, whether it be playing time, tactics, mixture of other things. 

For sure they will come out and say, all the best, shake hands and not burn any bridges.

Even a moron like you can see that 4 bodies leaving in the space of a week, with rumours via other members on here that others are not happy.

Next you will be claiming that Mason Hancock a left sided centre half playing in front of Bobby Linn in his first game, makes Bobby Linn a right happy player.

Especially after the way Bobby performed in pre season.

Our own fans are already on the backs of players who have yet to play a single minute of football for the club too, ( check several pages back )

And were bottom of the league, I think we can see who the gobshite is.

I’m no moron son so maybe just stick to debating instead of pathetic name calling. 

You believe different reasons as to why the four departing players left, whereas I’ve chose to believe the club. Either someone has fed you different info or you’re just coming out with nonsense rumours which you’ve totally made up. 

11 minutes ago, lichtiemike said:

The change is circumstances thing is extremely vague and just fuels my suspicion that DC has lost part of the dressing room. 

Most annoying part of that it’s seems all self inflicted.

Nicky hinted at the end of last season he was struggling with travelling, last game of the season Morton fans singing his name, before pre season and the season even started Morton fans saying he was going to them and sure there was even an article in the paper in Greenock saying he wanted to sign for them… obviously played up to a point and has been trying to get a move away.

Think Dick quite right on this to try stop him going to a rival and to also try get a few for him. Manager got to look after the club. If player doesn’t like it then tough 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Think it’s pretty obvious Bobby will be raging at some of the stuff that has happened this season and the signing of Hancock (to play in his position) but it does not mean he wants to leave the club…

You’d get on a lot better without the exaggerated doomsday stuff and insulting everyone too

Its the first poor spell we’ve had for 18 months and you seem absolutely thrilled about it 

Im merely insulting people back, who have done so first.

We are all fans, and have an opinion, but there are a few on here who wont shut up, consistently throw insults around and dont like it when someone gives them some back. 

Bobby has been harshly treated , ive never stated he wanted to leave, it was an example of why players might be unhappy, as it is as clear as day that something isnt right.

Facts are there....

The oldies need to admit it now

Very disappointing re Nicky Low. I thought he would have shown a bit more loyalty to the club that re-ignited his career, however if it’s genuinely impossible for him to continue due a change in circumstances then I suppose there’s no option. I was half hoping there could have been an arrangement made where he continued until at least the new year window and then being allowed to go for a small fee.

No way can we loan him to another Championship team, therefore league 1 teams like Dumbarton, Airdrie or Queen of the South seem like the most likely options geography wise.

I've a lot of time for Nicky Low and appreciate that his circumstances could have genuinely changed to the point where he cannot commit to playing for us, but there's no way he should be allowed to go on loan to another team in our league. You only have to look at Raith loaning Lewis Vaughan to Dumbarton to see how that can end.

Why would Arbroath signs these players on extended contracts then have a pre season with these guys then wait until the end of the transfer window to announce they are leaving the club in one way or another , Something isn’t adding up but it won’t matter cause you will still beat us this Saturday 

11 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Why would Arbroath signs these players on extended contracts then have a pre season with these guys then wait until the end of the transfer window to announce they are leaving the club in one way or another , Something isn’t adding up but it won’t matter cause you will still beat us this Saturday 

That my friend,  is a very good point  !

I'd love to hear the official answer to it......

If Low has had a change in his personal circumstances that he can't travel then fair enough but we're not going to give him to a rival if under contract. If hes not able to turn up and train and play he's not getting paid either I wouldn't think. A loan to a L1 or L2 team seems beneficial to both parties if his wages can be covered.

37 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

No way can we loan him to another Championship team, therefore league 1 teams like Dumbarton, Airdrie or Queen of the South seem like the most likely options geography wise.

Or he could go to Montrose....straight swap for Petrie.