The Arbroath Thread

Honestly, down to 10, Bobby rescues a long ball that was ending up on the Pleash roof and creates one of our best chances of the game, a minute later he’s subbed off. What the f**k

Actually a whole lot of positives from that first half too. Thought Tait looked really good 

Sending off changed it and then Dick doing his usual and actively making us worse with his substitutions 

Positives: 

Hancock is very comfortable at left back, please no more left wing stuff. Tait looks like the midfield battler we've been needing. Shanks looks more willing to put in the hard work.

Negatives:

Defensively we are a shambles. Bypass aka Jacobs is done. Fosu is Donnelly 2.0. Hilson is a runner and nothing else. Corfe is a winger?

I'm not positive at all that Dick can keep us up.

To take Bobby Linn off and replace him with Corfe was beyond baffling. Its as if Dick has it his head that Bobby cant last more than 50 minutes.

Corfe just looked lost on the pitch. Prime example was when he paased the ball back on the wing, made a run like he was going to go past the defender for a through ball..... then stop and cut inside as the pass was made and his head want down. And afyer that he just couldnt be arsed. I can see him going out on loan to get experience as he is not cut out for this level.

Hilson did the defensive part ok when out wide. But by f**k why is he even thought of as an attacker?

Shanks needed to do better but was pretty isolated for large parts of the game. Needs a proper striker alongside to help him

Scott Allan sending off was daft. 2 bookable challenges in the same phase of play. Let the team down but up until that point he was doing a good job trying to get the ball forward as did Tait.

And Fosu. Poor game. Really.needs to challenge for the ball in air better. Then got injured. That moment showed what the dressing room is like where only Hilson went over to see how he was at first. When the physio was tryng to get him off the ground and off the pitch, not a single player offered a hand, even just to get him up, to their teammate. They just stood around. Team doesnt look like a happy bunch.

Huge improvement needed in recruitment of attack players needed asap. Loans and free agents until January then look to bring permanant attackers from other clubs.

We’ll be threadbare next week. No Allen, TOB, McKenna, Gold, Low (I suppose), Fosu (?).

This is bad and anyone who doesn’t think we’re in a critical state needs to take off the maroon blinkers. Can’t score, can’t create, shambolic defence, dreadful discipline, dud signings. Deary me.

Edited by Tattie36

The ongoing search for a couple of strikers continues, but it is clearly costing us points and perhaps the team's confidence (young Shanks is a development player and is not ready to be the the regular starting striker).

Dylan Tait looked very impressive and is going to be a great loan signing - he played really well.

Scott Allan looked comfortable on the ball, moving the ball around and distributing good passes, but the sending off cost us the game.

Hancock looked good today, but he really needs to stop holding onto the ball for too long - one touch football is all this is required at times.

Overall a disappointing result, but O'Brien, McKenna, Low and Gold were all missing and we are still without a strike force - once they return and we recruit a couple of proven strikers the results will soon come.

Absolutely no doubt the ongoing problem of recruiting new strikers is the key to this problem - DC has 4 weeks to sort this out before the loan market closes.

I didn’t think Partick were going to score thought we looked much better defensively. Defended a lot of corners and set pieces well and they never had many chances. Worked hard and battled well. First half we played more football than we’ve done all year

That sub though, it really has pissed me off. Even if it was for Paterson who’s played at this level and had some glimpses of being a good player but to throw on Corfe…. I don’t think it was even particularly fair on him. Mental decisions

12 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Does the final decision of substitutes  requirement come soley from Campbell? Some of the selections and decisions are baffling 

You would think after Ford and Bakare last season you wouldn't take risks with players like Corfe and Fosu

Dick has the final say. All they seem to take is risks. 

2 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Absolutely no doubt the ongoing problem of recruiting new strikers is the key to this problem - DC has 4 weeks to sort this out before the loan market closes.

Obviously getting strikers in is a massive problem but I think it’s more than just that. The best striker in the world won’t score if there’s no chances being created. One solitary off target attempt today.

1 minute ago, SteveTheLichtie said:

2 weeks is the max. He ain't getting fined. Shouldn't have been sent off.

First one a booking. Second booking seemed mental. The guy tackled him, it was a good tackle from him too, seen people saying he went in with the elbow but the guy slid into him and was on his way down??? I don’t think he done a thing wrong 

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

First one a booking. Second booking seemed mental. The guy tackled him, it was a good tackle from him too, seen people saying he went in with the elbow but the guy slid into him and was on his way down??? I don’t think he done a thing wrong 

To be honest I thought he might have deserved a red for the 1st lunge