The Arbroath Thread

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Rory McAllister for example? I’d 100 percent have rather have got him in than Isiaka. I’d take most of the PT strikers currently signed for L1 teams over Isiaka 

Can we lay off the signing of Isiaka, the boys not even stepped on the pitch yet. I get what you are saying but let's see what he can do when he's given the chance.

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

Lichtie23 saying he doesn’t believe Campbell. 

Sorry saw that after 

1 hour ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Can we lay off the signing of Isiaka, the boys not even stepped on the pitch yet. I get what you are saying but let's see what he can do when he's given the chance.

Aye I know. Poor lad no even stepped on the park. Just frustrating, like everything’s in place to push on. Everything off the park incredible. Big crowds and I feel like we’re maybe gambling too much or maybe trying too hard instead of being a bit more conservative 

11 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Aye I know. Poor lad no even stepped on the park. Just frustrating, like everything’s in place to push on. Everything off the park incredible. Big crowds and I feel like we’re maybe gambling too much or maybe trying too hard instead of being a bit more conservative 

Just have to hope DC has got it right this time. I still remember when Leicester bought in Mahrez and Kante as unheard of players from lowish leagues abroad and look how they turned out. Not saying for one minute we've got that kind of gem, but if he fits well into scottish football and can find the back of the net, that's all we can hope for. 

Still think we need to get Cameron in on loan. Think he would suit the way we currently play with a lot of long balls for him to win headers or hold up play. Him and Shanks as a front 2 possibly for me.

28 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Just have to hope DC has got it right this time. I still remember when Leicester bought in Mahrez and Kante as unheard of players from lowish leagues abroad and look how they turned out. Not saying for one minute we've got that kind of gem, but if he fits well into scottish football and can find the back of the net, that's all we can hope for. 

Still think we need to get Cameron in on loan. Think he would suit the way we currently play with a lot of long balls for him to win headers or hold up play. Him and Shanks as a front 2 possibly for me.

Cameron would help bring our midfield into play quickly 

And on Isiaka I just think there are much safer options and that we cannot have too many punts in the squad. Bakare and Ford were two wastes of spaces and took up two jerseys and wages we could’ve used on much safer bets. Only point I was trying to make

Feels quite windy this morning hopefully it dies down. 

8 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Has one of these unknowns from down south or overseas actually ever been good? Joe prince wright, beau busch, lari yao, david banjo, bakare, ford etc. It seems to be more of a hopeful transfer policy than anything else.

Lari Yao was the best ball boy in the business during his time at the club 

“Hello Mr Paul” 👋 

Edited by lichtie23

Not sure what to make of the comings and going. Sorry to lose Thomson and Craigen, always felt Craigen should have got more game time. Good luck to them with their new clubs

A mixture of good, reasonable and downright weird signings. So much for only bringing in players who are better than those at the club nonsense. 

Hopefully we can put in a decent performance today. Sad to say that rather than looking for a win I'm just hoping to avoid a defeat.

2 hours ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

So much for only bringing in players who are better than those at the club nonsense. 

Agreed, these comments really need to stop - it's also putting pressure on the new signings to meet people's expectations.

Thankfully, DC has stated more players will be incoming within the next 4 weeks.

25 minutes ago, Blawin a Hoolie said:

Hands up all those that had heard of Noubs before he signed?… we need to give the lads a chance to prove themselves (one way or another)…he’s willing to pull the jersey on so let’s get behind them all….starting today…’mon the Lichties 

Nouble was a full time football player in the Conference in England playing at a really good level 

I can only speak for myself but I will get behind them and give them a chance I just don’t like us taking all these punts when there are safer options out there

I think there's a massive difference between not supporting the team/ players and having an opinion on how the summer transfer window has gone for the club. Until we have a striker who is good enough for this level and fits with the way we play, we will struggle massively. However, I'm confident we'll get a loan signing in up top this month that hopefully fits the bill.

The reality is it's entirely understandable that fans would be skeptical/ worried that our only signed striker of this transfer window is a player who hasn't played at this level before and is a complete unknown, as well as being rejected by other teams in the division and clearly being our 5th/ 6th/ 7th choice, hence being signed on the last day when other things haven't worked out for us.

It's extremely frustrating - but I suspect the most frustrated people are Dick and Pink. They've been trying to get a striker sorted for months and months, they've trialled a stack of them, they're had multiple loans fall through, and they've had players with a good pedigree turn up and not show enough to justify being signed.

We're currently in a wee transitional period and all the luck we had last season in terms of signings, suspensions, injuries etc. has disappeared (it couldn't go on forever). It's important we continue to back to management/ club/ team as much as last season, and I hope the hugely increased home support understands this.

Nouble was a full time football player in the Conference in England playing at a really good level 
I can only speak for myself but I will get behind them and give them a chance I just don’t like us taking all these punts when there are safer options out there

I agree with you on safer options but who’s to say we weren’t in for many of them without success. In no ITK tho.