The Arbroath Thread

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The other striker from Birmingham went to Grimsby last minute. 

I feel like we are doomed 

Oh Jesus. So the one position we desperately needed to strengthen is now no stronger than it was last week. A big risk going down the English route as you could easily see this happening. It would be a missive upheaval for a young guy coming up here.

Only option I can see now is that we push McKenna up as an out-and-out striker. Unless he’s out long-term injured as someone said in an earlier post.

2 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Oh Jesus. So the one position we desperately needed to strengthen is now no stronger than it was last week. A big risk going down the English route as you could easily see this happening. It would be a missive upheaval for a young guy coming up here.

Only option I can see now is that we push McKenna up as an out-and-out striker. Unless he’s out long-term injured as someone said in an earlier post.

Not long term but heard a month 

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

Anyone else getting very worried about who else might be going? Definitely a few others with poor body language and not looking happy this season.

Nicky aside that’ll be that. This season JT probably felt like it was a bridge too far. Craigen simply wanted more minutes which is fair, LD and Fosu playing over him for most of this season it’s wild. LD been discussed to death 

That core we’ve had for such a long time or decent amount of time reduced to Gaston / Gold / Little / ToB / Hamilton / Linn / Stewart / McKenna / Hilson now though. It’s a whole new team and a whole different thing in the changing room now so will have to see how that pans out 

I really hope Shanks gets a run in team at the very least maybe this’ll turn out to be a great thing for him

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Nicky aside that’ll be that. This season JT probably felt like it was a bridge too far. Craigen simply wanted more minutes which is fair, LD and Fosu playing over him for most of this season it’s wild. LD been discussed to death 

That core we’ve had for such a long time or decent amount of time reduced to Gaston / Gold / Little / ToB / Hamilton / Linn / Stewart / McKenna / Hilson now though. It’s a whole new team and a whole different thing in the changing room now so will have to see how that pans out 

I really hope Shanks gets a run in team at the very least maybe this’ll turn out to be a great thing for him

Any possibility of anyone else coming in today. I don’t like that 4 signed players have left to be replaced by 1 signing, 1 season long and 2 short term loans.

Just now, Tattie36 said:

Any possibility of anyone else coming in today. I don’t like that 4 signed players have left to be replaced by 1 signing, 1 season long and 2 short term loans.

I dunno I guess after losing out on that Birmingham striker it’s still something they’re looking at but feck knows

1 minute ago, RRFC_Liam said:

A lot clubs will in our league will be doing that ourselves included need one but there’s also a free agents market but that seems to be very limited supposedly 

Have you not looked in the Icelandic 2nd division? Because we have 

Massive feeling of disappointment at the moment. The fans have given the club huge backing and this is the best they could do? Punt four signed players and replace them with one signing, one season long and two short term loans?

Happy with Allen and Tait but a kid at right back, and a guy who wasn’t nearly good enough to be offered a deal by RR and was last playing in the Icelandic second tier isn’t exactly scintillating stuff.

Fingers crossed for another name or two.