The Arbroath Thread

Just now, lichtie23 said:

My grandad is my hero mate. Not a football player 

Yeah, we’ll what makes me obsessed with Donnelly? Because I’ve stated a few times that I would have loved him to have been more prolific? Isn’t that a given that we all want a striker that can, you know, actually put the ball in the fecking net?!?

Oakley = I think he will be a good signing. Been in and around the first team at a high level, played first team football for Birmingham. Seems well rated

Isiaka = hmmmmmmmmmm. Not convinced and another complete punt. Played at a really poor level and I have a feeling this will be a total waste of time. Suppose he just takes LD place 

Tait = good signing. Tidy busy midfield player

Still no real striker. I think we are really hoping to get Inness Cameron in after Killie signed Doidge but he obviously scored for Killie the other night.

Bittersweet evening, 2 signings who I think will probably be really good players but we have only signed 1 striker and he really does seem like a total punt. On trial at Raith who are desperate for a striker too and they never took a chance on him. 

We have some cracking players everywhere else mind you but massively lacking uptop

30 minutes ago, SteveTheLichtie said:

Only benefit would be not playing against us. 

Not necessarily,  when we loaned Lewis Vaughan to Dumbarton he couldn't play against us but his goals for them effectively got us eventually relegated. 

Edited by Scottydog

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Interesting to see where Tait plays. I’m sure he was Centre mid when at Raith 

More AM than CM, but capable of tracking back well.

3 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Aye he can play as a 10 or a box to box midfielder 

That is indeed where he excelled with us, but he’s been seen little playing time recently due to a combination of injures and (apparently) being out of the new managers graces. Might take a bit of time to regain his form, but should (unfortunately) be a valuable addition if your middle is a bit weak.

We would have loved him back IF we weren’t already pretty obese at mid.

Tait will be a cracking signing for you if he can get his form back after a run of games. Would have liked him back at Rovers but with our current squad we've just not got a place available in midfield. 

As for Isiaka, saw him play for us in a friendly at Kelty and the game passed him by. He did get one great sight at goal and he missed. He'll no doubt score against us now but I would be surprised if he improved your squad at all. 

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Tait will be a cracking signing for you if he can get his form back after a run of games. Would have liked him back at Rovers but with our current squad we've just not got a place available in midfield. 

As for Isiaka, saw him play for us in a friendly at Kelty and the game passed him by. He did get one great sight at goal and he missed. He'll no doubt score against us now but I would be surprised if he improved your squad at all. 

Aye we literally only have him and young Shanks upfront, not including Hilson because not sure he counts as a striker any more, he’s like the fit guy who likes running who you get along to help out at fives when you’re short. It’s not anywhere near good enough 

Over the rest of the park we are really well off

9 hours ago, Gayfield said:

Kareem Isiaka

Arbroath FC would like to give a warm welcome to 21-year-old striker Kareem Isiaka who has signed for the club until January.

Kareem came through the youth levels (2013-2020) at Charlton Athletic before signing for Welling United in October 2020.

Kareem has recently played for UMF Víkingur Ólafsvík in Iceland.

We hope our supporters give Kareem a very warm welcome and we look forward to seeing him in action very soon!

Welcome Kareem

Kareem Isiaka copy.jpg