The Arbroath Thread

1 minute ago, Tattie36 said:

JT was brilliant for us.

He’ll be missed and I’m very sad to see him go but it’s understandable. The defence has struggled this season and an injection of youth is no bad thing.

Kind of what I’m thinking with what I posted earlier. Think we really need freshened up and I hope this is the plan here

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

JT absolutely rinsed for the penalty we conceded down in Hamilton

He’s been absolutely brilliant for Arbroath overall though. What a good good good player and signing he’s been but I do feel like he was maybe starting to struggle. 

ETA - best of luck JT. Hero 

He got absolutely rinsed in similar fashion in his last season with us, he's done fantastic to perform at the level he has in the past few years.

Just now, CALDERON said:

He got absolutely rinsed in similar fashion in his last season with us, he's done fantastic to perform at the level he has in the past few years.

To be fair he’s been like that for a couple year here too like he missed a lot of last season and he’d come back in and play and look rusty and suspect but he just kept plugging away and within a few games of getting back playing would be at his best again.

This year I think he’s looked a wee bit off it and is probably just not enjoying it as much, probably quite similar to what happened with yous and Berra 

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I must admit I was sceptical when we signed him as I thought he was finished but he has been (mostly) fantastic.

Edited by Tattie36

Marcel Oakley

We are delighted to announce the loan signing of 19-year-old right back Marcel Oakley who joins the club on loan from English Championship side Birmingham City.

Coming through Birmingham City’s Academy, then academy manager Kristjaan Speakman said, “Oakley has the flexibility to play centre-back or right-back and is a very robust defender who excels in one-v-one duels in either position. His athletic qualities are improving and in possession as a right back he has the physical and technical qualities to join play in high areas of the pitch."

Marcel scored the only goal of the game in his senior debut for Birmingham in the EFL Cup against Colchester United and made his Championship debut against Reading.

We would like to thank Birmingham City for allowing Marcel to make the move to Gayfield, and Loan Manager Martin O'Connor for his assistance.

We look forward to welcoming Marcel to Arbroath!

Welcome Marcel!

C’mon the Lichties

Marcel Oakley copy.jpg

Edited by Gayfield

Marcel Oakley   We are delighted to announce the loan signing of 19-year-old right back Marcel Oakley who joins the club on loan from English Championship side Birmingham City.   Coming through Birmingham City’s Academy, then academy manager Kristjaan Speakman said, “Oakley has the flexibility to play centre-back or right-back and is a very robust defender who excels in one-v-one duels in either position. His athletic qualities are improving and in possession as a right back he has the physical and technical qualities to join play in high areas of the pitch."   Marcel scored the only goal of the game in his senior debut for Birmingham in the EFL Cup against Colchester United and made his Championship debut against Reading.   We would like to thank Birmingham City for allowing Marcel to make the move to Gayfield, and Loan Manager Martin O'Connor for his assistance.   We look forward to welcoming Marcel to Arbroath!   Welcome Marcus!   C’mon the Lichties 2039595633_MarcelOakleycopy.thumb.jpg.e9f136ff66c048fbc4234c1f2cc466e7.jpg

In loan until January. That’s not good.

How would that work with training? I know when P/T teams usually loan F/T players they train with there parent clubs on days yous don't train,I.e Dowds, surely the lad isn't commuting up from Birmingham for games.
Unless I'm being stupid and there an easier solution, like he does gym work during week when up here

5 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

How would that work with training? I know when P/T teams usually loan F/T players they train with there parent clubs on days yous don't train,I.e Dowds, surely the lad isn't commuting up from Birmingham for games.
Unless I'm being stupid and there an easier solution, like he does gym work during week when up here

He might go train with Dundee or United? I’m sure when James Murphy was here he did a few days with Hibs 

Kareem Isiaka

Arbroath FC would like to give a warm welcome to 21-year-old striker Kareem Isiaka who has signed for the club until January.

Kareem came through the youth levels (2013-2020) at Charlton Athletic before signing for Welling United in October 2020.

Kareem has recently played for UMF Víkingur Ólafsvík in Iceland.

We hope our supporters give Kareem a very warm welcome and we look forward to seeing him in action very soon!

Welcome Kareem

Kareem Isiaka copy.jpg