The Arbroath Thread

40 minutes ago, macca937 said:

It came from Nicky himself 

Another person in the know.  Is there anyone else on this thread that isn't best pals with everyone in Scottish football?

Because if I was pals with Nicky Low, and I somehow saw his contract, I wouldnt be sharing it on an internet forum.

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

You know how these things work right?  The "source" for this is probably this thread.  And now we are quoting it as the source for the rumours on this thread.

I'm awaiting a story in The Sun about us looking at an AFC Fylde centre back but the wages potentially causing an issue.

4 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Why do i feel like this is going to be a repeat of the January transfer window.

Know what the squad needs but dont do anything until the very last minute then panic buy a couple of players just have a few extra bodies.

In fairness, we have made multiple signings this summer, and by all accounts, the management have been working hard to sign players!  Its not fair to say "dont do anything".

11 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

I’m bored. I think I’ll start a few rumours.

Had some wild texts today

7 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Why do i feel like this is going to be a repeat of the January transfer window.

Know what the squad needs but dont do anything until the very last minute then panic buy a couple of players just have a few extra bodies.

We signed Jack Hamilton and Craig Wighton in January ffs!!! Both at the time on paper as good as we could’ve possibly got as replacements for Nouble and Dowds

We signed Jack Hamilton and Craig Wighton in January ffs!!! Both at the time on paper as good as we could’ve possibly got as replacements for Nouble and Dowds
At the start of the window aye. But by halfway through we all knew we needed more bodies. Especially a winger and another striker.

4 minutes ago, ecto said:

That’s funny just seen him on sky sports news in Leicester 

Did you not realise that the King Power stadium resembles Gayfield. Heard him saying while getting off the coach he's got a private jet taking him to Dundee Airport straight after the final whistle 🤣 

44 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Another person in the know.  Is there anyone else on this thread that isn't best pals with everyone in Scottish football?

Because if I was pals with Nicky Low, and I somehow saw his contract, I wouldnt be sharing it on an internet forum.

Sounds like jealousy to me. Knowing Nicky as well as I do I know that's not a character trait he likes in his mates. 

3 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:
10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

At the start of the window aye. But by halfway through we all knew we needed more bodies. Especially a winger and another striker.

January is notoriously hard to get players, getting players into the club in general is hard. Pink not mention how many players he’s talked to and tried bringing to club in his interview with Paul Reid. It must be a nightmare 

But overall DC and Pink have been superb in the windows I don’t think your comment is fair. We needed replacements for Nouble and Dowds that were the only 2 big losses and we got them

And you say that but look at how strongly we finished the league season. After Nouble left we only lost 2 games from 15, winning 7 of them. I think the main flaw last season was not throwing Bobby on in some of the games we were drawing but overall that’s an excellent finish to the season and I’m not sure any player out there really could’ve improved on that.

I feel your frustration cause Bakare and Ford were a total waste of time but you can’t hit on every single one