The Arbroath Thread

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Nicky Low mate on Twitter said he wasn’t going to Morton

Also if he’s not going there not sure why we’d be wanting to put him on loan to a lower league team? Also not sure why he’d want to go and do that 

Reports that he wants closer to home.

Morton and Queens Park have been interested but Dick isn't entertaining that.

So what other option will he have if he really wants closer to home?

19 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Morton and QP according to whom? 

ETA - Morton I know is obviously a thing because he’s a Morton supporter 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Nicky Low has been my favourite Arbroath player since he joined. I’d like him to stay. I am very disappointed if he’s trying to force a move. I know loyalty is not much in football but we absolutely saved his career and he should honour his contract. That said, we don’t know what’s going on. Please stay Nicky.

7 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Nicky Low has been my favourite Arbroath player since he joined. I’d like him to stay. I am very disappointed if he’s trying to force a move. I know loyalty is not much in football but we absolutely saved his career and he should honour his contract. That said, we don’t know what’s going on. Please stay Nicky.

I'm sure loyalty only goes so far (especially at this level) when petrol and energy prices are going through the roof, nevermind whatever other reasons he may have for it wanting to move back to a club closer to home. 

6 minutes ago, gmfc said:

He is a 100% wanting to come to Morton.

Fine. No one would begrudge him wanting the opportunity to play for the club he supports. He’s obviously getting towards the end of his career and he may not get another chance. However, he is under contract so a proper and significant fee would have to be paid. Having said that, Arbroath are well within their rights to not want to sell one of their top players to a direct rival.

4 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

The waiting for these new signings is tough going.

Good things come to those who wait…. Well that’s how it’s supposed to go

Think it’s pretty obvious that one of them will be Tait so other 2/3 will be very interesting 

22 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Fine. No one would begrudge him wanting the opportunity to play for the club he supports. He’s obviously getting towards the end of his career and he may not get another chance. However, he is under contract so a proper and significant fee would have to be paid. Having said that, Arbroath are well within their rights to not want to sell one of their top players to a direct rival.

Was agreed when new deal was signed if ft football was offered he could leave as a free agent. 
pretty shit move by Dick in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, macca937 said:

Was agreed when new deal was signed if ft football was offered he could leave as a free agent. 
pretty shit move by Dick in my opinion. 

I doubt that would be the case mate if it was Arbroath would be in breach of contract.

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

Can go on loan to a central based team in the leagues below 

4 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Obviously we are all sitting at the harbour wall with our fishing rod dangling in the water waiting patiently for that elusive striker to bite.

In the meantime, how about we sign a decent centre half and move TOB in as the holding midfielder.

ToB was great there in his younger days but he’s too built now I don’t think that would suit him at all

Courier say Nicky not leaving today

2 strikers on loan but from clubs in England. We were also trying to loan a defender from Fulham but fell through 

4 minutes ago, liferlichtie said:

No chance of that 

Would'nt mind that big center half from AFC Fylde he was decent

You mean full-time AFC Fylde who probably pay higher wages than most teams in the Scottish Championship?

Edited by Tattie36