The Arbroath Thread

1 minute ago, Monkfish85 said:

Tait in seems good business especially hearing McKenna is out for a few months . Still no signs of strikers though - the main priority ! Gold could do the disciplined role of sitting to allow the attack players more freedom possibly

Why’s McKenna out for a few months?

4 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

I think the extra frustration is because it's been clear for a few seasons now we have needed defensive cover and a decent striker,  had all summer to find someone and it seems like it's all getting done in a panic now,

I don't know.  On here just a few weeks ago, people were not too bothered by the loss of Henderson, and pretty complacent about our creaky defence. 

19 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

I think the extra frustration is because it's been clear for a few seasons now we have needed defensive cover and a decent striker,  had all summer to find someone and it seems like it's all getting done in a panic now,

It’s not a panic, it’s not our fault. We are quite far down the food chain, the bigger fish have to sort their business out first before we can sign the players that are on the verges of their first teams. If they don’t get what they need they will keep the players we are after. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

3 minutes ago, SteveTheLichtie said:

2 young lads coming in from St Johnstone on loan.

Saw that on Twitter it’s absolute bollocks that David Vize literally just posts anything he sees anyone say

That come from a random St Johnstone fan saying that he hoped the club sent Max Kuracheyevi and Cammy Ballantyne out on loan to I quote 

’Arbroath or something’

31 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I don't know.  On here just a few weeks ago, people were not too bothered by the loss of Henderson, and pretty complacent about our creaky defence. 

On the defence and the defensive midfielder stuff I think after we are the finished article we will have a better idea. I’m not sure Chris Hamilton or Liam Henderson would’ve made any real difference to our fortunes so far this year. Individuals not been good enough, nobody, guys who are clearly good players at this level. Gaston aside really but they’ve all had a harder job because we are struggling to get up the park.

Jack Hamilton though? 100 percent 

If Dick  Campbell is willing to let Nicky Low go out on loan to the lower leagues but we are willing to pay a fee for him. It is unfair to keep him as he wants to come to Morton all he is doing is keeping a player that doesn't want to be there. Surely makes more sense for Arbroath to get some money in for him.

Edited by gmfc

4 minutes ago, gmfc said:

If Dick  Campbell is willing to let Nicky Low go out on loan to the lower leagues but we are willing to pay a fee for him. It is unfair to keep him as he wants to come to Morton all he is doing is keeping a player that doesn't want to be there. Surely makes more sense for Arbroath to get some money in for him.

Much you giving us?  

3 minutes ago, gmfc said:

Not if the fee is tiny and he's directly strengthening a league rival. Makes much more sense to get him off the wage bill to a lower league team and let him leave on a free. 

I'd love him to sell Low to us but absolutely no issue with him not allowing it. 

Massive obsession on here of folk desperate to be the first to know of a signing by knowing a friend of a friend of a player’s cousin or putting 2 and 2 together to get 5, just wait on an announcement from the club.
FYI im aware this attitude will put me out of running for the no1 arbroath supporter trophy this season.

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Nicky Low mate on Twitter said he wasn’t going to Morton

Also if he’s not going there not sure why we’d be wanting to put him on loan to a lower league team? Also not sure why he’d want to go and do that 

If he’s not going to Morton but doesn’t want to play for us anymore then what’s the alternative?

I don’t mind if he goes to Morton but it would have to be for a significant fee. No manager in their right mind would let one of his top players sign for a rival unless the money is right.

Loan him back to Shire (where we rescued him from) until Christmas then see if Morton still want him for peanuts then. If not then loan him out again until the end of the season then he can go where he likes, or to whoever will have him.