The Arbroath Thread

17 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Luke Donkelly at Arbroath since July 2019.

63 league appearances.
2987 minutes played
5 goals. (All between Jul-Dec 2019)
Average of 597.4 minutes per goal.

Since Jan 2020 he has played 47 league games.
Played 2036 minutes.
Scored 0 goals.

Sums it up really.

100 appearances in total with 13 goals. Most of them against lower league opposition in cups.

Perhaps the way we play and the type of chances he got didn’t suit him but a terrible return from a supposed “striker”.

There is a good player in there though and maybe dropping a league and starting afresh will work for him, I hope it does.

1 hour ago, SteveTheLichtie said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the Low situation was sorted out by this time tomorrow. Possibly squeeze in a striker on loan but that will be it.

Need at least 2 strikers 

Can someone verify matters regarding the transfer window.

Am I correct in thinking that the transfer window for signed Scottish Premier League players closes tonight ( Wed 31st August) at midnight ?

Also, does this apply to the Scottish Championship or can clubs in the Championship sign or get players on loan until the end of Sept ?

Finally, any players without a club and who has been released can sign for a club at any time of the season, regardless of transfer windows.

In other words, does the transfer window for Arbroath close tonight or remain open until 30th Sept ?

Scottish transfer window closes tonight, 1st Sept at midnight - but players from the Scottish  Premiership can go on loan to any club below the Premiership at any time - so loan players can still come in after tonight.

They moved it to tomorrow night because there’s cup games on and god forbid a club have to conduct business on the same night that their players are playing a game. Think it’d be class to be standing at half time and a new signing is announced by walking into the pitch.

But yeah, you’ve still got loan players even after the deadline. And any existing free agents.

18 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Can someone verify matters regarding the transfer window.

Am I correct in thinking that the transfer window for signed Scottish Premier League players closes tonight ( Wed 31st August) at midnight ?

Also, does this apply to the Scottish Championship or can clubs in the Championship sign or get players on loan until the end of Sept ?

Finally, any players without a club and who has been released can sign for a club at any time of the season, regardless of transfer windows.

In other words, does the transfer window for Arbroath close tonight or remain open until 30th Sept ?

It closes tomorrow night at midnight. I'm not too sure there is a loan window with the new FIFA regulations on the amount of loans clubs can make now.

Players available on a free can be registered at any time.

I'm pretty sure all business has to be done by tomorrow night.

Edited by SteveTheLichtie

21 hours ago, Lichtielegend said:

I understand where you're coming from but, even in hindsight, I can't really see what we could have done up to now.

The position we're in means we're shopping in a very limited market. There's very few part-time players in Scotland that will improve us 

Very true. This is the problem of being part time and improving up to a league where you have to compete with full timers.  If you start to lose players who could compete, replacing them with part timers good enough becomes a real problem.  Injuries then compound the problem. That's when you find yourself watching survival games, which sucks when you've gotten used to being more competitive. If you survive that, you'll have done better than most fans think they have. Good luck to you anyway.