The Arbroath Thread

19 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

We came within a whisker of pinching a point yesterday despite being down to 10 men. That would have been similar to ToB’s last minute equaliser last season. It’s fine margins at this level but we surely need to strengthen before too long.

Totally agree. We also could have sneaked an undeserved point v QP and Dundee and won against ICT. However none of this would cover the fact that the performances have been woeful. The big difference is that last year we were creating shit loads of chances in very game.

Edited by Tattie36

A few good signings should quickly get things back on track - we drew with Ayr and Inverness and could have won or drew with Dundee if we had taken our chances.

It's been well documented we need two new strikers and need to beef up midfield -everyone is well aware of this.

I expect no fewer than 3-4 new signings within the next few days.

Once Scott Allan settles into the team and we have a regular steady formation we will soon get back on track - what we need are  two proven goal scorers who can quickly settle into the squad and a midfield player to work alongside Scott Allan.

Lets not forget we have just had a good run in the cup - a few league wins and we will be up and running.

Expect announcements of coming and goings in the next 4 days ( sadly, I think we have lost Nicky Low, who has been nothing short of outstanding for us- but Scott Allan will soon settle into things).

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT

Congratulations to Ricky Little on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties loss at Hamilton yesterday. 

Though it was a disappointing result we as supporters need to continue to get behind the team. Our 1st win of the league season isn’t far away 🇱🇻

8E67BA33-8300-4165-83F9-F23E76A4E12E.jpeg

18 hours ago, timlichtie said:

It speaks volumes that Hamilton can field a big striker on loan from Fulham and we haven’t found a similar player since Jack Hamilton left. We seem to be at a huge disadvantage in the loan market presumably because of our part time status.

Works in our favour at times too though, guys like Nouble and Hamilton were players Livingston still wanted training with them while they were out on loan. 

I think the biggest difference in the loan market has been the change to 5 subs. It's a shame that it's being kept in as I don't like being able to change half your team. It also means other clubs are hanging onto a few more players up to the last minute of the window.

19 hours ago, timlichtie said:

It speaks volumes that Hamilton can field a big striker on loan from Fulham and we haven’t found a similar player since Jack Hamilton left. We seem to be at a huge disadvantage in the loan market presumably because of our part time status.

Not sure about that. We've benefited hugely from the loan market in each of our championship seasons, and we've still to make our 'big' loan signings this season. Dougie Imrie taking over at Morton has probably ended the Livi alliance, which is a shame as I'd definitely have taken Jaze Kabia that has went to Cappielow.

5 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Not sure about that. We've benefited hugely from the loan market in each of our championship seasons, and we've still to make our 'big' loan signings this season. Dougie Imrie taking over at Morton has probably ended the Livi alliance, which is a shame as I'd definitely have taken Jaze Kabia that has went to Cappielow.

I’d take any winger from anywhere 

Watching Hancock out there really is something, he’s completely lost, doesn’t know what to do defensively or going forward. Has zero impact on the game. Watching him there and he is literally stuck in between two positions he’s not got a fuckin scooby. He’d have been on the verge of being reported missing if he stayed out there 5 minutes longer 

Not his fault mind you, he done fine at left back after Hamilton went off. Man down with him left wing though, in a team who really are struggling going forward at the moment and playing him left wing… especially when Colin Hamilton isn’t a full back who overlaps or drives forward. Left hand side is currently obsolete 

I’d take any winger from anywhere 

Watching Hancock out there really is something, he’s completely lost, doesn’t know what to do defensively or going forward. Has zero impact on the game. Watching him there and he is literally stuck in between two positions he’s not got a fuckin scooby. He’d have been on the verge of being reported missing if he stayed out there 5 minutes longer 

Not his fault mind you, he done fine at left back after Hamilton went off. Man down with him left wing though, in a team who really are struggling going forward at the moment and playing him left wing… especially when Colin Hamilton isn’t a full back who overlaps or drives forward. Left hand side is currently obsolete 

We played much better after the enforced changes. Hancock was going at left back and Fosu then Hilson giving us some physicality in attack.
Hopefully the Hancock wing experiment will now be put to bed.

7 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

We played much better after the enforced changes. Hancock was going at left back and Fosu then Hilson giving us some physicality in attack.
Hopefully the Hancock wing experiment will now be put to bed.

We actually did, again I love Colin Hamilton he has been excellent for Arbroath, a great left back… but him and JT need to start using the ball better too. These clips up the line for Shanks to chase are just not going to cut it. Sometimes yeah but it’s happening all the time, come inside, play it across the back or into midfield or worst case back to Gaston. We are just not keeping the ball at all

Hancock at left back was the only player to find Allan in the hole between their midfield and defence and we so nearly got a great chance from it after Allan tried to play in Shanks. Allan was there in that position so many times but we never gave him it. Hancock does try to use the ball and play football and I think that’s a good quality of his, left winger though? No chance 

Almost want us to go to 3 centre backs ans Stewart and Hancock wing backs, Little ToB and Hammy with JT as back up,

Really don't know what to do with the midfield and Forwaed positions buy wouldn't be against putting Linn in a more central position up front,

6 minutes ago, WHM said:

That's Luke Donnelly away 

Wont be the last either

Low gone 

LD Gone

Half the team want to go

Struggling to get bodies in.

going to be a long hard ride this season. 

Hitting long balls up and playing that one dimensional trash, isnt going to help us using Scott Allan to the best of his ability either.

Maybe an SPL club has a centre back we can loan and play him on the left wing?