The Arbroath Thread

Low was looking to leave before the season started. Think due to personal reasons. Then it was announced he was staying.

Since then we have signed Scott Allan and it all makes sense. Allan is an ideal replacement for Low and i am convinced that it was agreed that if we signed a suitable replacement for Low then he would be allowed to leave.

If the player is not wanting to stay at the club then there is no point in hanging on to him. If he ends up back at a FT club then so be it. He obviously believes he still has it in him to play and train at a full time level after everything that has happened to him with injuries.

Wish the lad all the best but hope he has a shite game when he plays against us.

1 hour ago, clashcityrocker said:

If the rumours about Nicky Low leaving prove to be true, this will be a big blow - he has been an outstanding player and over the past 14 months has played a major role in the team's success. Hopefully all involved can work something out and have a rethink to keep him at Gayfield for this season - we will know for sure very soon.

This coming week will see players coming and going, a few being released, some going out on loan and others coming in on loan.

If we can get the players required we can kick on with the season.

I hope a deal is done, if not, he should have been professional enough to be available for selection today, if fit

20 minutes ago, Cappiecat1.2 said:

Do you know that he wasn't,  maybe he wasn't selected?

If a deal is done, no problem with that, if he’s injured, no problem with that, if the manager, just chose, not to pick him, no problem with that, my problem would be if the player, in some way forced the manager hand, by not making himself available for selection, even when fit,  before a deal is done

Low and Craigen would be two Arbroath players I’d love to have. Low won’t happen because he’ll utterly fall to pieces if he goes FT and I can’t see Craigen being one that would be let go. Besides that I’m genuinely struggling to think of an Arbroath player I’d have right now. McKenna would be another. Think it shows how far Arbroath have fallen and how much we’ve improved key areas.

You’re not trying to tell me you wouldn’t have TOB or Scott Allan

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Low and Craigen would be two Arbroath players I’d love to have. Low won’t happen because he’ll utterly fall to pieces if he goes FT and I can’t see Craigen being one that would be let go. Besides that I’m genuinely struggling to think of an Arbroath player I’d have right now. McKenna would be another. Think it shows how far Arbroath have fallen and how much we’ve improved key areas.

Where have Arbroath fallen from?

They were well punching above their weight  last season.
IMO another season in the Championship is a result for Arbroath. They are an example to us diddy clubs of what can be achieved.

You’re not trying to tell me you wouldn’t have TOB or Scott Allan

That the same TOB that’s been sent off twice this season already and was utterly rag dolled at Somerset by Akinyemi. I actually like him but our current backs are too important to be dropped.
Where have Arbroath fallen from?
They were well punching above their weight  last season.
IMO another season in the Championship is a result for Arbroath. They are an example to us diddy clubs of what can be achieved.

Fallen from being the second best team in the league. Not really hard to understand mate. They also had very good players for this level so not exactly sure how much they were punching above their weight. They might’ve been PT but it was hardly a team of highland league players being fielded.

11 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Nicky Low doesnt owe us anything. 

Disagree. He was playing non league football and we gave him a two year contract. He was injured for a large part of last season. He owes it to us to see out the contract he signed, or whichever club signs him needs to pay for him. 

I must admit that after yesterdays pretty inept performance I’m becoming increasingly concerned. The midfield got totally overrun and again we created nothing up front. From memory I can only remember there keeper making 1 pretty routine save. 

Disagree. He was playing non league football and we gave him a two year contract. He was injured for a large part of last season. He owes it to us to see out the contract he signed, or whichever club signs him needs to pay for him. 
He owes us diddly squat.

The 2 year deal was to :
1. Show faith in the player.
2. Protects the club from him leaving after a year for nothing.

The club will get a fee. Player gets a move that suits his personal circumstances. And we have a replacement in place and have time to bring others in.

16 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I must admit that after yesterdays pretty inept performance I’m becoming increasingly concerned. The midfield got totally overrun and again we created nothing up front. From memory I can only remember there keeper making 1 pretty routine save. 

Midfield has been absolutely woeful, it's been, out muscled, which has completely spooked the defence

14 minutes ago, superlichtie87 said:

Any rumours of what players we may be bringing in? 

Is Charlie Adam still linked? Would he be a good replacement for Low?

If there are 3/4 players coming in we will have a big squad so which players may leave on loan or permanently?

The one thing our midfield needs is legs, which completely rules out Adam

Everyone’s been woeful and we need to stop making excuses for the defence too, this spooked thing needs to stop. Gaston, Shanks and Allan on his limited time on the park have been the only guys that have played to a standard I would expect

Also can I just say this is what supporting a football club is all about, a period like this was always coming after last year. 30 years old now and seen this and been here before, stop hitting the panic stations and embrace it. It would be worrying if we never had a good squad of players but we do, we have plenty of good players who are underperforming for various reasons. We clearly aren’t finished with ins and outs, lots of changes week to week and I think there’s an added pressure this year 

Getting 2000 home fans every game and for the first time there is an expectation on them this year. We have never ever had that at this level 

13 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Everyone’s been woeful and we need to stop making excuses for the defence too, this spooked thing needs to stop. Gaston, Shanks and Allan on his limited time on the park have been the only guys that have played to a standard I would expect

Also can I just say this is what supporting a football club is all about, a period like this was always coming after last year. 30 years old now and seen this and been here before, stop hitting the panic stations and embrace it. It would be worrying if we never had a good squad of players but we do, we have plenty of good players who are underperforming for various reasons. We clearly aren’t finished with ins and outs, lots of changes week to week and I think there’s an added pressure this year 

Getting 2000 home fans every game and for the first time there is an expectation on them this year. We have never ever had that at this level 

Yes, we have good players, this week is crucial for us, our recruitment looks to have been awful, so far, but that can change

24 minutes ago, ecto said:

Yes, we have good players, this week is crucial for us, our recruitment looks to have been awful, so far, but that can change

Mentality and character required here, it’s the complete opposite of last year. Momentum in this league is so important, look at the difference after we got that first league win at home to Partick last year. We were heading for a defeat there too by the way, McKenna lucky goal on the half changed the game.

Need a win and need it soon. Need to get business done and get a settled squad, 2/3/4 out and 2/3/4 in still to come and we are 5 games into the season.