The Arbroath Thread

Maybe Craigen out?  Much as I like him, we have better options both on the centre and on the wing now.  I think he's unlikely to feature as often, and I dont think he's vital on the pitch.  He seems to be a popular guy within the squad though.

Edited by ExiledLichtie

Maybe Craigen out?  Much as I like him, we have better options both on the centre and on the wing now.  I think he's unlikely to feature as often, and I dont think he's vital on the pitch.  He seems to be a popular guy within the squad though.

I hope not. He’s a quality player who can fill a number of roles.

4 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Lets hope Nicky Low is not leaving, as he is without doubt one of our key players.

Nah surely not? What would make you think that? A key player for us, no chance surely 

3 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Maybe Craigan out?  Much as I like him, we have better options both on the centre and on the wing now.  I think he's unlikely to feature as often, and I dont think he's vital on the pitch.  He seems to be a popular guy within the squad though.

Craigen gets a hard time from few of my pals but I really rate him and think he’s an important squad player. Does need to add more in terms of goals and final product I think the infuriating thing about him is he always seems to find himself in great positions and doesn’t do anything when he’s in them. Overall a steady solid player and no chance he will leave for me. 

If we sign 2 strikers like he’s said he hopes to do (for what is effectively now 1 position as Allan will play in the 10 you imagine) then we will have 

Striker

Striker

Hilson

LD

Shanks

Of that I think Hilson edge’s Donnelly as he plays out wide too. If Shanks goes out it will purely be to get games in a similar way to Paterson. I would guess that it’ll either be LD and Hilson or LD and Shanks

Would hope it’s not Craigen or Shanks (on loan). Craigen, like Gold, is super versatile and can fill a number of roles very well. Shanks needs game time but I fear that if we bring in two strikers then he may go out on loan, I hope not though.

Could Corfe maybe go out on loan until Christmas?

Edited by Tattie36

2 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Would hope it’s not Craigen or Shanks (on loan). Craigen, like Gold, is super versatile and can fill a number of roles very well. Shanks needs game time but I fear that if we bring in two strikers then he may go out on loan, I hope not though.

Could Corfe maybe go out on loan until Christmas?

Don’t really think that’s fair on Corfe or will ever happen. The guys just moved from the United States to Arbroath. Putting him on as a sub for 20 minutes in one game before asking him to move to another team again is surely absolutely a non starter? 

23 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

My guess would be Donnelly, Hilson and Paterson will move on, either loan or permanent.

Still have hopes for Patterson, the other two, not so much

I like Paterson and think he’s got great potential. However he may be seen as a bit lightweight for the championship and he hardly set the heather alight on loan at Stirling last season. Perhaps put him out for another 6 months and see how he is after that. Otherwise I could see him leaving for good.

15 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I like Paterson and think he’s got great potential. However he may be seen as a bit lightweight for the championship and he hardly set the heather alight on loan at Stirling last season. Perhaps put him out for another 6 months and see how he is after that. Otherwise I could see him leaving for good.

Its only a couple a weeks since we were all clamouring for him to at least be given a shot.  If he never gets any games, how will we know if he is good enough?

6 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Its only a couple a weeks since we were all clamouring for him to at least be given a shot.  If he never gets any games, how will we know if he is good enough?

I couldn’t agree more. As I said, I really like him and would love to see him get more game time. However, I think it’s fairly obvious that the management don’t think he’s ready for the championship.

I couldn’t agree more. As I said, I really like him and would love to see him get more game time. However, I think it’s fairly obvious that the management don’t think he’s ready for the championship.

Having seen him a few times and watched his finish at Paisley I would like to see him get more chances off the bench.

2 hours ago, SteveTheLichtie said:

I'd like Paterson to get a shot on the right now Allan is here to partner Low in midfield. Genuinely think Stewart starts on the right because of the frailty of the RCM position. 

Stewart starts on the right, because he is the best out there, also he understands that when Thomson goes forward, he stays, excellent defensively 

Do Low and Allan, very positive and creative, adequately fill the holding midfielder role in front of defence that Chris Hamilton excelled at last season.  If not then perhaps only Gold does in the central area?

I don’t think so. Jacobs was possibly signed for that. McKenna can do it but it reduces his threat going forward.

Jacobs is one of the ones that has to be moved on, very harsh but I bet deep down he knows himself the legs are gone, it was the same situation with Harrison who was played last season just because he was signed buy he cost us goals and points before Hamilton stepped in, 

I think everyone is agreement it should be hilson and donnelly who are obviously well liked by the management team buy unforgettable this is a level to high, if you had donnellys ability with hilsons work rate then there would be a decent player there,

Unfortunately I think it will be Patterson and Shanks tho, still unsure why we signed Corfe who I feel was a panic buy 

16 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

I don’t think so. Jacobs was possibly signed for that. McKenna can do it but it reduces his threat going forward.

McKenna will do whatever the team needs, but it could work with Low, one going, one staying, my only issue with McKenna in there, he is god awful tackler

12 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Unfortunately Jacobs looks miles off it so far

He has, best he played for us when he played RB for the last 10 minutes against Airdrie