The Arbroath Thread

9 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Heard Hartlepool very much in the mix but be great if we could pull this off

It would completely lift the mood around the place after a hard start if we could, if we could get him and Euan Henderson I think we would be looking great on paper 

A journalist from the Sunderland echo quote tweeted an article on Twitter saying that Hartleypool were interested but it read like that it wasn’t happening

Have heard a done deal from as good a source as you could possibly get so fingers crossed that is correct 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Guy will be absolutely minted and wanting to enjoy his football. 30 years old, look how good Nicky Low is and then you look at Scott Allan and the career he has had then you’d have to say it looks like an incredible bit of business if we could get it done. 

McKenna and Low with Allan just in front… 

I don’t think he’s all that minted as he’s had to shell out a fortune in compensation for that person he ran over in his car a good few years ago. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/crime/hibs-star-scott-allan-agrees-5905715.amp

The pedestrian is to get a £2m lump sum and annual payments of £165,000 until 2027 and £190,000 thereafter making an overall award in excess of £6m.

I don’t think he’s all that minted as he’s had to shell out a fortune in compensation for that person he ran over in his car a good few years ago. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/crime/hibs-star-scott-allan-agrees-5905715.amp

The pedestrian is to get a £2m lump sum and annual payments of £165,000 until 2027 and £190,000 thereafter making an overall award in excess of £6m.

The article says that the compensation was being paid by the insurers. Or did I miss something?

Leaving the technicalities of car crash insurances aside this is 100 percent the ridiculousness I was looking for this season after we raised the profile of the club last season. No matter how this pans out (if it all gets confirmed) I’m all on board with it, don’t care if it’s a disaster or not the club have went and tried something different and nobody can accuse them of not being ambitious 

Have heard another big name too and if that came to pass then it really would be quite a carry on

1 minute ago, Smokerson said:

Hearing its done  also and that there is a game against StJohnstone tonight, unsure if its at gayfield or at the astro at Perth. 

Welcome to The Lichties Scotty !!!

It will be Perth. We play St Johnstone every other week but yeah heard same, just waiting on that confirmation first….

Heard the same in January afterall

Insurance I imagine.

If we can get him fit he could be a cracking signing. He will need plenty games to get match fit though.

Iv heard another name that’s playing in the bounce game tonight that id be happy if we signed. A striker with a decent goal return 

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

If we can get him fit he could be a cracking signing. He will need plenty games to get match fit though.

Iv heard another name that’s playing in the bounce game tonight that id be happy if we signed. A striker with a decent goal return 

Aye we must be hearing similar things. Quite a ridiculous couple of signings they’d be, seems surreal 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Scott Allan - amazing business.

Adam Rooney - stinking business.

You say this but if you spent any extended period of time watching us and in particular our strikers we currently have on the books trying to put the ball into the net you’d be delighted to see Rooneys name there even if it is a punt