The Arbroath Thread

24 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Obviously a bad day in the office for the defence last night - they will know this and won't need to be told.

Hancock is not a winger and should never be playing in that position - he also hold onto the ball for too long and often fails to make the easy safe pass, resulting in losing the ball and putting the defence under pressure - he needs to learn fast to stop doing this ( DC also needs to understand that he can't keep playing him out of position - it's not working).

We have until the end of August to bring in a proven striker, an attacking mid-field player and a winger - I an sure DC will be looking at these positions and trying his best to sort this out.

We could have won last night - but we need to take our chances, something a proven goal scorer will do.

Great away support last night and a few more signings will make all the difference ( but we really need to stop playing players out of position).

Agree with most of that although it’s a physical, holding midfielder we need not an attacking midfielder. We already have attacking options there but no one to help Low win and retain possession. It was the same against ICT. We have been second best in midfield this season, especially last night.

A physical central midfielder and a striker and I think we’ll be fine.

Edited by Tattie36

First of all what a magnificent away support last night especially on a Friday night and the game live on TV and getting robbed at £24 a pop.

I thought Sir D-ick got his subs wrong, imo Nicky Low was running the show and i could not believe he got taken off, no wonder he was fuming , also i would have started Sir Bobby as he was causing them problems when he came on plus i would also be starting Craigen he would do a great job in the centre of midfield with Low. 

C'Mon the Red Lichties 36-0.

Nouble getting another goal, very nearly missed it but his foot work, power and speed is an absolute joke. Good to see everyone starting to see it, really hope he gets another big move and very envious of Livi fans getting to watch some of the absolutely ridiculous stuff he comes away with 

2 minutes ago, ecto said:

Noticed Euan Henderson wasn't even on the bench for Hearts today, he would be worth a shout, surely 

Noticed that too. Hearts looked hugely impressive and had some serious talent on the bench. You think it's going to be increasingly difficult for him to get game time.

Doubt Neilson has finished adding to his squad but he did say Euan won't be loaned out. A few clubs will be trying to test his resolve I suspect.

Right lads change of plan, we are going to canter to the title but are willing to offer you 2nd and a chance to relegate United (if they can finish 11th) on your way to promotion. What do yous think? I'll throw in whatever it is folk from Arbroath like.

Edited by Crawford

25 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Right lads change of plan, we are going to canter to the title but are willing to offer you 2nd and a chance to relegate United (if they can finish 11th) on your way to promotion. What do yous think? I'll throw in whatever it is folk from Arbroath like.

We are not going to finish anywhere near second.

Think you will win the league though, on paper I wasn’t too sure but in the flesh I think Bowyer has had a really good influence on that team and those players. Centre halves very dodgy though. 

The United stuff in recent days on social media has been pretty embarrassing, they’ve got short memories. We've beat them a couple of times in recent years and in my opinion played them off the park in the second half of our last game against them in the League Cup last season. Acting billy big time because you had the audacity to celebrate a last minute winner v us.

Strange behaviour from them

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

…….

Will just need to wait and see. Think Neilson maybe changed his mind regarding him

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Noticed that too. Hearts looked hugely impressive and had some serious talent on the bench. You think it's going to be increasingly difficult for him to get game time.

Doubt Neilson has finished adding to his squad but he did say Euan won't be loaned out. A few clubs will be trying to test his resolve I suspect.

Think he played last week for Hearts B in the challenge cup, or whatever it's called now, has to be to good for the Lowland League, surely 

After rewatching the Dundee game I think we are over exaggerating how much we need someone in the middle of the park and the talk of Chris Hamilton, our problem seems to be that we cannot retain the ball well enough and that’s why the pressure kept coming at us 

Scott Stewart is a great option on the right but he’s more of an industrial player 

We cannot hold the ball up upfront and have not got any proper ball carriers out wide.

Jack Hamilton and Nouble (who was absolutely ridiculously good at it) took us up the park so well. Any ball within the vicinity of the two of them and they’d either hold it up, win a free kick or force a throw in in the opposition half. It’s hard for us to get out, another reason why in my opinion playing Bobby is so important 

Going forward we are basically fully reliant on Stewart getting down the right hand side and playing a ball into the box 

49 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

After rewatching the Dundee game I think we are over exaggerating how much we need someone in the middle of the park and the talk of Chris Hamilton, our problem seems to be that we cannot retain the ball well enough and that’s why the pressure kept coming at us 

Scott Stewart is a great option on the right but he’s more of an industrial player 

We cannot hold the ball up upfront and have not got any proper ball carriers out wide.

Jack Hamilton and Nouble (who was absolutely ridiculously good at it) took us up the park so well. Any ball within the vicinity of the two of them and they’d either hold it up, win a free kick or force a throw in in the opposition half. It’s hard for us to get out, another reason why in my opinion playing Bobby is so important 

Going forward we are basically fully reliant on Stewart getting down the right hand side and playing a ball into the box 

Hilson scores that chance and we win 3-2. The whole attitude changes. Unbeaten, win away to Dundee, 5 points on the board. Defeat changes this and things become over analysed. We are not far away and I think the simple think it comes down to is the players we have brought in this year are not at the level of the players we have lost.