The Arbroath Thread

Don’t want to sound like a broken record but Donnelly and Hilson both had fantastic chances tonight….  guess what????? They missed!!!!  they even missed the target. Hilson scores then we come away with at least a point - put your head on it ffs!

However, uncharacteristically 3 of their goals were from our defensive f**k ups.

Desperately need a midfielder and striker.

Edited by Tattie36

Just now, Tattie36 said:

Don’t want to sound like a broken record but Donnelly and Hilson both had fantastic chances tonight….  guess what????? They missed!!!!  they even missed the target. Hilson scores then we come away with at least a point - put your head on it ffs!

However, uncharacteristically 3 of their goals were from our defensive f**k ups.

Hilson and Donnelly did exactly what they always do.  But that said, Id have rather had Hilson up front than the empty space left by picking 2 midfielders.

Yet again Dick looks to Donkelly and Hilson to turn a game around....... and yet again they do next to f**k all positive.

Donkelly comes on and his first act is to stand still as the ball flaots towards him. Doesnt even jump. Doesnt try and hold the player back. Just stands. And the Dundee player wins the header. 6'7" of pure lanky streak of pish. Be more useful as a corner flag for how rigid his play is.

And what is the point in Hilson. He does not have the ability to compete at this or any level above League 2. Hopeless contribution and that sitter sums him up. Feet planted, not anticipating anything and throws his left leg at it, no composure to take his shot with precision, just havk at it. It was easier to just head the ball in.

We really need to get more bodies in. A striker or 2. And a holding midfielder.

Hilson and Donnelly did exactly what they always do.  But that said, Id have rather had Hilson up front than the empty space left by picking 2 midfielders.
Would be better off playing with 10 men than playing Hilson up front. More damage than good when he is on.

f**k it..9 men if we keep Donkelly off too.

3 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

He got the starting line up wrong too.  When he made the subs, at first I thought it was Shanks on up front, but then I saw that familiar ironing board physique, and my heart sunk...

Also has Patterson just vanished in dicks eyes? Just some bad decisions made since the league started. 

What was the point in signing Corfe, keeping Paterson, having Linn on the bench,  but choosing to play Hancock on the left...

Echo everyone's thoughts that Hilson and Donnelly are not good enough,  how many goals between them since they have signe? League goals, genuine question?

Never gonna repeat last season and staying in the league is the target but we need to improve massively, none of the signings have done enough for me and Hilson and Donnelly should of been moved on in summer

Also has Patterson just vanished in dicks eyes? Just some bad decisions made since the league started. 
Usual. Play a player in League Cup. Player does well and think he might get more game time. League starts and he is lost on the bench behind his favourites.

Happened to Hester. Patterson will be the same. Will be loaned out by end of the month so his favourites can get more game time.

1 minute ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Only subs he needed to make were gold injured, McKenna poor game for once and Hancock for linn but them changes he made were atrocious and cost us. 

Jacobs looks absolutely stinking 

McKenna is poor as he is our only attacking threat and teams obviously know that so nullify him at every moment. It creates space for no one else in the team to exploit.

McKenna is miles away from being an issue for the team.

I would bet on Paterson or Shanks to have buried that chance Hilson missed.
We’re way short of quality in midfield and attack compared to last season. Neither of the loan Hamiltons have been replaced. I don’t think we can rely on our defence to get us through the season without the players in front of them to take the pressure off.

1 minute ago, timlichtie said:

I would bet on Paterson or Shanks to have buried that chance Hilson missed.
We’re way short of quality in midfield and attack compared to last season. Neither of the loan Hamiltons have been replaced. I don’t think we can rely on our defence to get us through the season without the players in front of them to take the pressure off.

Shanks is another one I don't get why he hasn't had an opportunity. Rather put the Donkey up top instead? 

Strong decisions need made before the window closes. I'm not sure Dick will make the right ones.