The Arbroath Thread

7 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

I phrased it wrong. They obviously won’t stop supporting the club going by what Iv seen on social media these prices are being met with negativity. The prices are a bit too high for people who are maybe bracing themselves for the energy hike. 

I know there’s been plenty said about Dundee charging £24 but if a supporter wants to sit in our stand it’s £22. I’m very much in the “twenty’s plenty” camp for football at our level. 

Football merch has always been really pricey though, I'm still using the same scarf I got when I was 12, and I'm near 40 now.  I don't think its any more unreasonable than any other club, I think we just have a lot more choice now, which is good!

36 minutes ago, SteveTheLichtie said:

Think its actually great the club have this much merchandise you can buy. Never seen so many kids and adults in the club shirts etc ever before.

It is great, but that’s not the point I was making

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/3580870/arbroath-fulfilling-legacy-fan-gayfield-improvements/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Unbelievable. So even though we are rolling in the green stuff just now all the money spent on ground improvements has been spent from a fund left by a supporter called Mr Paton. Fair play Mr Paton you absolute hero 

Also, the bit they’ve left and boarded up at the ground, they’re going to let the fans decide what that building / area becomes. How good is that?

Can’t ever recall supporters being left to do something like that before? 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/3580870/arbroath-fulfilling-legacy-fan-gayfield-improvements/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Unbelievable. So even though we are rolling in the green stuff just now all the money spent on ground improvements has been spent from a fund left by a supporter called Mr Paton. Fair play Mr Paton you absolute hero 

Also, the bit they’ve left and boarded up at the ground, they’re going to let the fans decide what that building / area becomes. How good is that?

Boarded up area has been earmarked as a social club I believe.

41 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

Boarded up area has been earmarked as a social club I believe.

Yeah they mention that in the article but wonder what other ideas there could be for it? A wee social club / pub thing would be magic for extra cash on match days. Could even open it up for Scotland games etc

25 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yeah they mention that in the article but wonder what other ideas there could be for it? A wee social club / pub thing would be magic for extra cash on match days. Could even open it up for Scotland games etc

Good idea re Scotland games, big televised sporting events etc, I think it depends on what type of licence the premises has to opening times etc.

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

A proper food kiosk and fan zone interaction section. Pie huts were a great idea but with the current crowd levels, a big one at what is now the home end would be a winner. Would give scope to expand the toilets were the food kiosk currently is.

2 hours ago, Broath Boy said:

Good idea re Scotland games, big televised sporting events etc, I think it depends on what type of licence the premises has to opening times etc.

They technically already have this with the hospitality suites.

10 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Another match and still no loan striker. I understand why but frustrating to start this way. If I were Fosu I’d be a bit fed up being given 6 months to prove myself at this level, looking good but being played out of position as a striker.

If you want a good one it takes time. Heard a promising murmur of a loan player yesterday.. a guy that a whole lot of teams in this division would like 

We will just have to wait and see 

32 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Another match and still no loan striker

Might need to wait until the end of August for the announcement of 2 loan players - the Premiership clubs are still looking to sign new players and won't put their fringe players out on loan until these positions are covered - so might need to wait until the end of the transfer window ( this is usually how it plays out).

I would expect a striker and attacking midfielder to be be coming in over the next few weeks.

Really do hope the Club keep the AFC Megastore in the Abbeygate, just look at the crowds there this morning plus it is a central "hub" for all Red Lichtie supporters.

I would like that to stay open plus have the one at Gayfield open on match days plus someone is at Gayfield daily anyway if someone from that end of the town wanted to pop into Gayfield for a shirt etc..

Hopefully the owners of the Abbeygate and AFC can come to a small rent fee agreement as if not it is another empty shop in the town centre which is not good for anybody.

2 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Really do hope the Club keep the AFC Megastore in the Abbeygate, just look at the crowds there this morning plus it is a central "hub" for all Red Lichtie supporters.

I would like that to stay open plus have the one at Gayfield open on match days plus someone is at Gayfield daily anyway if someone from that end of the town wanted to pop into Gayfield for a shirt etc..

Hopefully the owners of the Abbeygate and AFC can come to a small rent fee agreement as if not it is another empty shop in the town centre which is not good for anybody.

Thing is with club shops they’re only going to be properly busy 3 times a year, start of season, before Christmas and at the end of the season when things go on sale. But I do agree and hope the council or whoever lease that space out can help us out a bit. Abbeygate very quiet anyway the more people that go in there the better for the other shops 

10 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

That last bit will be an issue. Reid has certainly made it clear it's done fantastic for generating money into the club and is going to be permanent for the foreseeable but the owners of the Abbeygate are complete c***s, once the initial lease of a year is up next March they'll definitely hike up the lease fee massively like they've done for many others that opened up in there.

Hope they see sense and keep it going, even possibly look at extending it.