The Arbroath Thread

9 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Saw Morton announce 900. Sure that won’t be the lowest in the league either. Cove and QP 100 percent be well below that. 

1330 or whatever we are at is very good and important for the club financially. We will absolutely be blowing every other part time club out the water with they numbers. This on top of a healthy 1200 last year too 

I just hope we can start scoring some goals and have another decent season. We have had quite a tough start fixture wise and this division is all about momentum 

Biggest part time club in the UK. Easily.

Over 1300 season tickets is immense. Once again, testament to the board.

Edited by SteveTheLichtie

58 minutes ago, SteveTheLichtie said:

Biggest part time club in the UK. Easily.

Over 1300 season tickets is immense. Once again, testament to the board.

In Scotland anyway. Would not have a clue about England, the crowds clubs get down there are incredible right through all the levels. But yeah having 1900 for a standard run of the mill league game at Gayfield is a strange feeling for people who have been going a long time. I really hope that we can do well on the park at the moment cause it does not take much to get people hooked.

All you need is some great moments in matches and it’ll keep people coming back over and over to get that feeling again, that Shanks chance on Saturday for example, he knocks that in late on after the way it played out and that’s a great moment right there.

I still have fond memories of Roddy Blacks left footed volley against Montrose, Barry Sellars from the halfway line against Dumbarton, Willie Martin overhead kick in the Scottish Cup. The entire Cowdenbeath away play off game where Raeside scored a late header. All they wee moments get you hooked on supporting football clubs and keep you going through the bad and good. 

11 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Saw Morton announce 900. Sure that won’t be the lowest in the league either. Cove and QP 100 percent be well below that. 

1330 or whatever we are at is very good and important for the club financially. We will absolutely be blowing every other part time club out the water with they numbers. This on top of a healthy 1200 last year too 

I just hope we can start scoring some goals and have another decent season. We have had quite a tough start fixture wise and this division is all about momentum 

I'd be surprise if we've sold 1/3 of your season ticket number to be honest. We'll get about 700-1000 max home fans this season. A lot will be non ST holders who PATG and then there will be corporate brigade each week.

1330 is outstanding given the size of the town.

6 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

They might start losing supporters if they are charging £40 for an Arbroath backpack 

Why? I have bought precisely zero merchandise or tops for years, I can’t remember the last time I bought anything. You don’t have to buy stuff 

Quick google of Adidas and Nike (and macron) bags and they seem to be around £25-£30 for a generic blank one that they’ll produce millions of.

£40 for a more bespoke personalised smaller produced club football bag doesn’t seem too bad? Maybe could be a bit cheaper but not sure people will stop supporting the club because of it? 

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Why? I have bought precisely zero merchandise or tops for years, I can’t remember the last time I bought anything. You don’t have to buy stuff 

Quick google of Adidas and Nike (and macron) bags and they seem to be around £25-£30 for a generic blank one that they’ll produce millions of.

£40 for a more bespoke personalised smaller produced club football bag doesn’t seem too bad? Maybe could be a bit cheaper but not sure people will stop supporting the club because of it? 

I phrased it wrong. They obviously won’t stop supporting the club going by what Iv seen on social media these prices are being met with negativity. The prices are a bit too high for people who are maybe bracing themselves for the energy hike. 

I know there’s been plenty said about Dundee charging £24 but if a supporter wants to sit in our stand it’s £22. I’m very much in the “twenty’s plenty” camp for football at our level. 

18 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I'd be surprise if we've sold 1/3 of your season ticket number to be honest. We'll get about 700-1000 max home fans this season. A lot will be non ST holders who PATG and then there will be corporate brigade each week.

1330 is outstanding given the size of the town.

Quick question. Can you actually pay at the gate at Cove or do you need to order your ticket online? 

That number of season ticket holders is incredible stuff. Goes a long way to showing how well Arbroath seem to be interacting with their community. An example for most clubs at the level and below. There have been examples of clubs climbing the league or getting a couple of promotions, but the stuff that really matters is the ability to capitalise on the "on the park" success by making the club a key component at the centre of the community. 

Now have season tickets sales on a par (if not maybe slightly more) than a lot of the competitors in the championship - Ayr, Morton, Raith etc. With the likes of Dunfermline/Falkirk/Queens all in League 1, great timing for Arbroath to be really growing and consolidating as a club. Kinda jealous.

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

Quick question. Can you actually pay at the gate at Cove or do you need to order your ticket online? 

No longer have PATG but right next to the gate there is a ticket office (hatch in the wall) to buy tickets right up until kick-off.

9 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I phrased it wrong. They obviously won’t stop supporting the club going by what Iv seen on social media these prices are being met with negativity. The prices are a bit too high for people who are maybe bracing themselves for the energy hike. 

I know there’s been plenty said about Dundee charging £24 but if a supporter wants to sit in our stand it’s £22. I’m very much in the “twenty’s plenty” camp for football at our level. 

Aye I get you but end of the day everything’s more expensive across the board all the club can do is put it up for sale and then it’s up to the people to decide whether or not it’s something they want to buy. Times are tough just now and I’m sure the club aren’t trying to fleece the fans it’s just the cost of things these days

8 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

No longer have PATG but right next to the gate there is a ticket office (hatch in the wall) to buy tickets right up until kick-off.

Sounds good. And Iv heard there is a nice boozer not far from the ground as well 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/3579094/video-look-around-arbroath-upgraded-gayfield/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

6 figure sum spent on all the upgrades. Mentions the red castle suite, looks like that’s some kind of hospitality option. Hospitality now holds 170 between the 3 suites. I thought it was more, also says it’s sold out in advance and they’ve taken lots of bookings for functions

4 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

I’ve been to the wellington which is a greeneking pub iirc and is decent enough for a few pints before and its only 5 min walk from the ground and a 5 min bus journey from the centre

If you don’t mind drinking in a chain bar/grill type place surrounded by families eating then it’s fine for a pre match pint. Wouldn’t call it a decent pub though. Would also say it’s more like a 15 minute walk to the ground and if you can get a bus from the city centre to there in 5 minutes then it must be on one of those new fangled jet propelled flying busses - not sure if they’re even on that route yet 😉 will take easily 20+ minutes on a Saturday afternoon.

7 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

They might start losing supporters if they are charging £40 for an Arbroath backpack 

Thing is, you don't have to but any of the merch, it's not compulsory