The Arbroath Thread

Last player we signed from the U.S. turned out to be the worst player i have ever witnessed pull on an Arbroath top.

That was Joe Prince Sh,ite

Did you not have an American lad a few years when you first got promoted? Or am I imagining things?

57 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Aye absolutely balling to start and then too many nights out talking about folks legs 

Corfe is actually English. Just went to university in the States

Didn't know he was English. Just told a week or so ago he was going to sign with us.

Will bring much needed depth to the wing.

2 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Could be jumping the gun a bit, but was wondering if ticket sales for Friday night have begun yet? 

TIA

Not seen anything from the club yet. Maybe if you go on the Dundee website they will be available there 

5 minutes ago, SteveTheLichtie said:

Looking superb and not finished yet. The definition of "upgrade". Some job by the chairman and board.

Magic eh

Really hope they take the render all the way to the corner at pleasureland end too 

Also why is there a bit of the wall that’s not been built?

There is boarding over it just now but what is actually going in there? They’ve put an end coping on the walls beside it so it obviously isn’t going to be a wall. Is there plans for some other kind of building or?

6 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

There is boarding over it just now but what is actually going in there? They’ve put an end coping on the walls beside it so it obviously isn’t going to be a wall. Is there plans for some other kind of building or?

A bigger trophy room?

1300 season tickets sold…….and the majority on LD’s back today. At one point he took the ball down, sprayed it out to Hancock and there were still morons in our support slating him. Absolute helmets. Wrong pass apparently. 

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

1300 season tickets sold…….and the majority on LD’s back today. At one point he took the ball down, sprayed it out to Hancock and there were still morons in our support slating him. Absolute helmets. Wrong pass apparently. 

I am not a Donnelly fan, wouldn't have given him a new contract, never wanted to see him playing midfield ever again after the game at Palmerston last season, did some nice things today, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't really understand the position, still wants a little to much time in the ball for me and hardly ever picked up his opposite number, and a couple of times today, he did pick the wrong pass

14 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Yes he did that and only one other good pass that I can remember then, sad to say, as usual the game passed him by. 

Fosu had a good game but could use a bit more support up front. Hancock fitted in well and in fact the re-shuffled defence were fairly solid and Ricky Little had another good game. Great first half goal line clearance by Hammy when McKay, I think it was, lobbed the ball over Gaston.

Corfe certainly doesn't lack self confidence, probably needs a little time to settle. Shanks did well when he came on.

Hope there are plans for more toilets in the pipeline.

On 05/08/2022 at 11:03, clashcityrocker said:

Rumour that Logan Chalmers might be going back out on loan this season - wonder if Arbroath would be a good fit for him, think he lives in Forfar and he could still train full time with United. Ayr and Inverness are also keeping a watch on this - these are just rumours. He has improved a lot since his last loan with Arbroath, which never really worked out.

Where did you hear this about Chalmers ??